an article on conformists.

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

hadji wrote: i have to thank all of you for making me feel so welcome, its really nice to see such a intelligent group of individuals. please, do talk more of your delictable bacon and whatever else sandwich, im sure everybody on here cares about it.

as for me, im off, i'd like to suggest a painful probing for most of the people on this forum. and please, dont kill yourselves, mankind would indeed miss you.

Does this mean I can go back to not being an individual then?
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
minks

Post by minks »

hadji wrote: i've not been rude to anybody, and i've simply tryed to say my peice. the fact that people are ignoring me, just shows me how immature most of them are, especially ladycop, i never said anything rude to her, i took the advice i received, and changed the post that she referred to. i cant see what pissed people off so much? i introduced myself, and frankly, i think after hearing what most of you had to say (not all of you of course) that this forum is generally a waste of bandwith.

Yo Canucklehead....Don't be so dam high and mighty I tried and you didn't bother to reply back.

We aren't such a serious bunch here, we like what we have and as for your comments about our members, you blew it!!!!

Your better than thou attitude won't be missed.

TTFN!!!!!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

hadji wrote: i have to thank all of you for making me feel so welcome, its really nice to see such a intelligent group of individuals. please, do talk more of your delictable bacon and whatever else sandwich, im sure everybody on here cares about it.

as for me, im off, i'd like to suggest a painful probing for most of the people on this forum. and please, dont kill yourselves, mankind would indeed miss you.

as well........

try reading some of our other posts junior, and maybe you will see we are an intelligent group of individuals. Your demand for postings to your standards was not taken kindly therefore we acted the way we did. Ya can't come into a forum and think you know better in one simple thread you initiated. There is more to all of us than meets your myopic eye.

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

minks wrote: as well........

try reading some of our other posts junior, and maybe you will see we are an intelligent group of individuals. Your demand for postings to your standards was not taken kindly therefore we acted the way we did. Ya can't come into a forum and think you know better in one simple thread you initiated. There is more to all of us than meets your myopic eye.

By the way I demand a response that looks something like this

"ohh great Forum Garden Members I am truly sorry for my immature blunder"

If you don't respond accordingly then I guess we can't play with you.

Got it

Good!!!!!!

― Mae West
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

how immature most of them are, especially ladycop, -----------------i am immature, i am immature, neener neener neener, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:wah:
minks

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: how immature most of them are, especially ladycop, -----------------i am immature, i am immature, neener neener neener, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:wah:

B**** I wanted to be the immature one, you know I really hate when you steal my thunder, and by the way that wasn't the format of posting you were looking for was it ahahahahahahahahahahahahah;) :-4

― Mae West
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Holy crap Minks, you are a fiery one when you want to be aren't you! Look, he was just a bit immature thats all, you should feel sorry for him. Though he did get a bit uptight at the end didn't he?

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
minks

Post by minks »

Galbally wrote: Holy crap Minks, you are a fiery one when you want to be aren't you! Look, he was just a bit immature thats all, you should feel sorry for him. Though he did get a bit uptight at the end didn't he?

immaturity is no excuse for coming in with your guns ablazing prematurely!!!!

Hey I started out being civil and made a pretty valiant effort to sound intellegent and got squat back in the way of a discussion instead the youngster jumped all over everyone else...... not cool.

I only feel sorry for the dieing!!!

― Mae West
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

You are right of course, but its pointless getting annoyed at immaturity because by their nature immature people won't get it.

P.S. Having a temper is a virtue BTW! Good on ye!

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by hadj

i have to thank all of you for making me feel so welcome, its really nice to see such a intelligent group of individuals. please, do talk more of your delictable bacon and whatever else sandwich, im sure everybody on here cares about it.

Ah sad. But then what chance does a would be conformist have seeking deep, meaningful, rational discussion in a forum filled with surrealists heavily influenced by Monty python, and more Red Dwarf than Star Trek. To accuse such as those of being influenced by the mass media in to conformity is like asking why do fish fly on a saturday but not during the rest of the week. The answer is clearly 42 but vert few can appreciate the dichotomy inherent in such a viewpoint. May your proctologist never have cold hands.

posted ny gablally

Oh dear, thats not right. This is all leading back to the thread about language differences. I think I should post in Irish venacular just to see how much of it you get.

Dear Goad laddie as if it wisnae bad enough using monosyllabic words for oor north American brethern wir we baith to use oor mither tongue I'm no sure sure i would ken whit yer oan aboot masel ne'er mind a thae furriners. Alcohol is the great translator, doesn't help you understand but after a few who cares?
minks

Post by minks »

gmc wrote: posted by hadj

Ah sad. But then what chance does a would be conformist have seeking deep, meaningful, rational discussion in a forum filled with surrealists heavily influenced by Monty python, and more Red Dwarf than Star Trek. To accuse such as those of being influenced by the mass media in to conformity is like asking why do fish fly on a saturday but not during the rest of the week. The answer is clearly 42 but vert few can appreciate the dichotomy inherent in such a viewpoint. May your proctologist never have cold hands.

posted ny gablally

Dear Goad laddie as if it wisnae bad enough using monosyllabic words for oor north American brethern wir we baith to use oor mither tongue I'm no sure sure i would ken whit yer oan aboot masel ne'er mind a thae furriners. Alcohol is the great translator, doesn't help you understand but after a few who cares?

alcohol did you say alcohol that is about all I understood hehehehehehe

― Mae West
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

gmc wrote: The answer is clearly 42 but vert few can appreciate the dichotomy inherent in such a viewpoint. May your proctologist never have cold hands.

That if Freaking hillarious!!

hehehehee... the answer if 42. thanks "Deep Thought"

Best laid plans of Mice and such. right?:wah:

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i understood you GMC~~~you'll have to try harder than that to baffle us yanks! :wah:
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Quaren roight so yees aore there moi man, ara shure I ghets the scotsie talk as me auld wee hen was a glasgi woman heerself. Cripes thats 2 dialects in one sentence. Perhaps I should stick to oxford English for the time being.

P.S. I always found 42 as a bit too grandiose for the meaning of the life, the universe, and everything, I would have settled for 8 myself.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

*phew*

Al least not #6........................
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

chonsigirl wrote: *phew*

Al least not #6........................

Well #6 at a push, though all in all, 8 is better. I'm still working on that library BTW, all I need are a couple of hundred thousand ancient scroll of lost knowledge, a bit of real estate in egypt, and a pretty librarian, you interested?

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Galbally wrote: Well #6 at a push, though all in all, 8 is better. I'm still working on that library BTW, all I need are a couple of hundred thousand ancient scroll of lost knowledge, a bit of real estate in egypt, and a pretty librarian, you interested?
2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate!

Sure am interested.

Wonder what Plato wrote on conformists-didn't he mention a gadfly or two?
BTS

Post by BTS »

hadji wrote: The phrase "I think, therefore I am" in association with the idea of mainstream conformism caused by the Mass Media's, brings up an interesting point.

What Much Music does is it tells us what to think. It tells us what to think concerning the idea of music, other popular media, and people. Much Music's point with this is to lure people into a "trap." A trap designed to help sell whatever bands they're sponsoring this year, or whatever logo's they're fronting for however much money is offered.

With so many different establishments adding to the mainstream media entity, it's hard to even comprehend how many myriads of people must be influenced by the "traps" that are being set up all the time, by any example of media establishments I could wish to use.

If Much Music is able to dictate what the mass opinion on music is, is it not reasonable to say, if you're (as I am) in agreement with the statement made at the beginning of this paragraph, that the Mass Medias are to a high degree, in control of who people are. Is it not reasonable to say that the Mass Medias are able to dictate to people who they are. And ultimately, is it not, then, reasonable to say, that to some degree, the Mass Medias are in control of what people do.

To some degree, conformists aren't just conforming anymore. Theye're becoming part of whatever media dictated mechanism is being created.

OK Welcome to the Forum Joust hadji..........

I read your article and have no doubt you wrote it. I just have to ponder why this bothers you? I could see if all people in the world were hoodwinked by your assumptins but then there would not be off shoots of music such as alternative, punk, progressive rock, classic rock, country, western progressive country, classical, jazz, classic jazz, and just plain ol Rock'n Roll.........

I listen to many music forms and am not hoodwinked into buying anything unless I am interested.

If you have a problem with this station........... Change the station and let others make their on choice...........

Oh did I say welcome....... I forget
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
minks

Post by minks »

BTS wrote: OK Welcome to the Forum Joust hadji..........

I read your article and have no doubt you wrote it. I just have to ponder why this bothers you? I could see if all people in the world were hoodwinked by your assumptins but then there would not be off shoots of music such as alternative, punk, progressive rock, classic rock, country, western progressive country, classical, jazz, classic jazz, and just plain ol Rock'n Roll.........

I listen to many music forms and am not hoodwinked into buying anything unless I am interested.

If you have a problem with this station........... Change the station and let others make their on choice...........

Oh did I say welcome....... I forget

and further more Much music is not brainwashing you to buy or listen to certain music it is merely exposing you to choices hmmmmm what do ya think about that ???????

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

*another commercial free message*
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

We unconformed, Snooze. We are PC-less today...................
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Sorry, what the hell is Much Music? I am at somewhat of a loss? :-3

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Much Ado About 'Nuttin. It is a music station in Canada.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

SnoozeControl wrote: Hadji never would've gotten this many responses if he hadn't been such a little jerk... I wonder if he's actually manipulated us all.:sneaky:nah, that takes cunning.
minks

Post by minks »

Galbally wrote: Sorry, what the hell is Much Music? I am at somewhat of a loss? :-3

very popular music station that plays 24/7 on our canadian channel. Based out of Toronto kind of a cool format the feature all kinds of music, bring in live bands for small sessions, have features on all different groups and some alternative programing not too bad.

http://www.muchmusic.com/

― Mae West
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by galbally

P.S. I always found 42 as a bit too grandiose for the meaning of the life, the universe, and everything, I would have settled for 8 myself.

No I disgree there, 42 is big enough to be meaningful without being too big to understand, 6 is too insignificant to be real.

posted by ladycop

i understood you GMC~~~you'll have to try harder than that to baffle us yanks!

Dinnae fash yersel there hen, I wisnae trying too hard as it's so easy as not to be a challenge:sneaky:
hadji

Post by hadji »

minks wrote: and further more Much music is not brainwashing you to buy or listen to certain music it is merely exposing you to choices hmmmmm what do ya think about that ???????
i've not suggested that much music is brain washing people, in fact, if you read something i put into my article, i stated that if you reply with "much music isnt trying to control me" (more or less, i cant remember the exact line) that you missed the point of the article. they do though, trick simple minded people into following trends so that the station can make money.

ps, some of the posts i made earlier were a bit angry, but i felt like everybody was against me, for some reason i still havent figured out. ladycop was getting on my nerves, i asked her to stop, and then BAM> everything went to hell.

and i did try and respond to what everybody said about my article, and if i missed your post, i apologize, but that's no reason to treat me like most of you have.

some of the things people have said on here are so blatently insulting that i cant imagine how i deserve to be told those things.
Jives

Post by Jives »

hadji wrote: i've not suggested that much music is brain washing people, in fact, if you read something i put into my article, i stated that if you reply with "much music isnt trying to control me" (more or less, i cant remember the exact line) that you missed the point of the article.

This is called "passive aggression", hadji. By stating that anyone who doesn't agree with you is automatically wrong, you dismiss any argument against your post. It's like telling someone, "You're stupid, just kidding." By using the "just kidding" part, you hope to deflect any anger.

Well, I'm sorry, but this group is way, way too intelligent to fall for that kind of tactic. No wonder you got a negative response, you insulted everyone's intelligence right off the bat.

they do though, trick simple minded people into following trends so that the station can make money.

It's called "marketing" hadji, and you are just as brainwashed as the rest of us. Don't believe me? Try this... what kind of cereal do you eat? Does it have a motto? What logos are on your clothes right now? What music do YOU listen to? How did you find out about that band? Do you have any favorite TV shows? What movies are you looking forward to? Look around your room, any electronic logos there? How about paintings and posters?

Face it, you are a consumer just like the rest of us. You try to raise yourself up and be above the common man, unswayed by the mass marketing juggernaut. Sorry, you are just a demographic target like the rest of us. So get over it.

ps, some of the posts i made earlier were a bit angry, but i felt like everybody was against me, for some reason i still havent figured out.

Hmmm...could it have been your "holier-than-thou" condescending attitude? Or maybe the conceited implication that you are better than everyone else? I saw this coming from a mile away. You remind me of a line from a song, "He's all dressed up in black lipstick, listening to some obscure band, but isn't he pissed at all the other nonconformists, listening to that same obscure band!"

ladycop was getting on my nerves, i asked her to stop, and then BAM> everything went to hell.

Yeah, that was a good idea. Flaming the poster with the highest post count on the boards. Didn't it occur to you that she might be very popular around here, seeing as she dates back to the board's beginnings? Here's some advice, next time you join a board, try to be polite for a while, until everyone gets to know you.

and i did try and respond to what everybody said about my article, and if i missed your post, i apologize, but that's no reason to treat me like most of you have.

some of the things people have said on here are so blatently insulting that i cant imagine how i deserve to be told those things.

Oh...boo hoo. Stop it, you're breaking my heart. I can't stand to see a grown man cry. Listen, you post a highly controversial topic, insinuating that everyone here is a brain-dead, mind-controlled, zombified slave-to-the-music-industry, then you get hurt when emotions run high and everyone shouts you down. ROFL!

I'll put an end to your circular argument and agree with you that "Much Music" is controlling my mind as far as my musical tastes go. Good! That's one less thing I have to devote conscious thought to, and that makes it much easier for me to deal with the infinitely more critical decisions I face in life everyday.:cool:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Jives

Post by Jives »

lol. Aww....go on! You're embarrassing me, Snooze!

Oh, BTW, I absolutley LOVE your new tagline...."the other valerie" ROFL!

THAT'S AWESOMELY FUNNY!:wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Hadji, clear your PM box please.
Jives

Post by Jives »

LOL. His box is full of PM's!? And he only has 14 posts?!! He must have really generated some waves! Good for you Hadji! Way to land with a splash on these boards!:wah:

Now....let me make this clear to you. We don't dislike you, you seem like a nice person, just because your first thread got off to such a thunderous crash, doesn't mean we don't want to hear the rest of your thoughts! Try another topic, dude!:o
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

That was about the topic I was writing to him, Jives. But you always use those words ten times more swiftly then me..................:-6
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

superb post Jives! :)
minks

Post by minks »

Ahhh Jives good job, it would be nice to see the youngster come back in without the chip on his shoulder and discuss anything with us. Seems like we may not get that chance.

― Mae West
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

minks wrote: Ahhh Jives good job, it would be nice to see the youngster come back in without the chip on his shoulder and discuss anything with us. Seems like we may not get that chance.who cares? aren't there teenybopper forums out there?
minks

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: who cares? aren't there teenybopper forums out there?

yeah www.muchmusic.com ahahaha likely there is something there ahahaha

― Mae West
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I miss him. I was looking forward to a bit of sport :Doh don't worry, he'll be back.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I conformed and went back to work today..................
hadji

Post by hadji »

Jives wrote: This is called "passive aggression", hadji. By stating that anyone who doesn't agree with you is automatically wrong, you dismiss any argument against your post. It's like telling someone, "You're stupid, just kidding." By using the "just kidding" part, you hope to deflect any anger.

No wonder you got a negative response, you insulted everyone's intelligence right off the bat.

It's called "marketing" hadji, and you are just as brainwashed as the rest of us. Don't believe me? Try this... what kind of cereal do you eat? Does it have a motto? What logos are on your clothes right now? What music do YOU listen to? How did you find out about that band? Do you have any favorite TV shows? What movies are you looking forward to? Look around your room, any electronic logos there? How about paintings and posters?

Face it, you are a consumer just like the rest of us. You try to raise yourself up and be above the common man, unswayed by the mass marketing juggernaut. Sorry, you are just a demographic target like the rest of us. So get over it.

Hmmm...could it have been your "holier-than-thou" condescending attitude? Or maybe the conceited implication that you are better than everyone else? I saw this coming from a mile away. You remind me of a line from a song, "He's all dressed up in black lipstick, listening to some obscure band, but isn't he pissed at all the other nonconformists, listening to that same obscure band!"

Yeah, that was a good idea. Flaming the poster with the highest post count on the boards. Didn't it occur to you that she might be very popular around here, seeing as she dates back to the board's beginnings? Here's some advice, next time you join a board, try to be polite for a while, until everyone gets to know you.

Oh...boo hoo. Stop it, you're breaking my heart. I can't stand to see a grown man cry. Listen, you post a highly controversial topic, insinuating that everyone here is a brain-dead, mind-controlled, zombified slave-to-the-music-industry, then you get hurt when emotions run high and everyone shouts you down. ROFL!

I'll put an end to your circular argument and agree with you that "Much Music" is controlling my mind as far as my musical tastes go. Good! That's one less thing I have to devote conscious thought to, and that makes it much easier for me to deal with the infinitely more critical decisions I face in life everyday.:cool:
i have many things to say about this response. keep in mind, im not trying to "fight" with, i simply defending my posistion

first of:

"No wonder you got a negative response, you insulted everyone's intelligence right off the bat."

you have got me way misunderstood on that matter. i wasnt trying to offend anywbody, i understand, that to some degree, everybody , including myself (i knew that from the start, and wasnt try to hide), is a conformist in some way, or "brainwashed" by the media.

"You try to raise yourself up and be above the common man, "

if this is the way people think i was trying to act, im afraid you're mistaken. i really wasnt trying to seem better than anybody.

"It's called "marketing" hadji, and you are just as brainwashed as the rest of us. Don't believe me?"

oh i know, and i had that in mind when i wrote my article, i didnt mean to pretend i was better that anybody.

"Or maybe the conceited implication that you are better than everyone else?"

just say it again, i wasnt trying to act better that anybody.

"Yeah, that was a good idea. Flaming the poster with the highest post count on the boards."

yeah, see, i've been involved in a few boards before (local music scene development forums etc.) and having a lot of posts on there, didnt generally make you any moer popular then other people. in fact, some of the coolest people i know (the smartest people, for sure) had relatively low post amounts. im not saying that i dont think people are uncool for having losts of posts, i just did really care to realise that ladycop was so popular (though knowing that, probably wouldnt have stop me from sending her those "rude" pms. in all fairness, they werent that rude, seriously, i told her to chill, and she (i awesome its a she) flipped, and started being all angry.)

"insinuating that everyone here is a brain-dead, mind-controlled, zombified slave-to-the-music-industry?"

once again, please understand, i didnt mean to insult people. i wasnt even referring to anybody on the forum, i didnt post it on forumgarden until after i wrote it, and wanted to find some peolpe to discuss their ideas on it.
hadji

Post by hadji »

Jives wrote: This is called "passive aggression", hadji. By stating that anyone who doesn't agree with you is automatically wrong, you dismiss any argument against your post. It's like telling someone, "You're stupid, just kidding." By using the "just kidding" part, you hope to deflect any anger.

No wonder you got a negative response, you insulted everyone's intelligence right off the bat.

i have many things to say about this response. keep in mind, im not trying to "fight" with, i simply defending my posistion

first of:

"No wonder you got a negative response, you insulted everyone's intelligence right off the bat."

you have got me way misunderstood on that matter. i wasnt trying to offend anywbody, i understand, that to some degree, everybody , including myself (i knew that from the start, and wasnt try to hide), is a conformist in some way, or "brainwashed" by the media.

if this is the way people think i was trying to act, im afraid you're mistaken. i really wasnt trying to seem better than anybody.

"It's called "marketing" hadji, and you are just as brainwashed as the rest of us. Don't believe me?"

oh i know, and i had that in mind when i wrote my article, i didnt mean to pretend i was better that anybody.

"Yeah, that was a good idea. Flaming the poster with the highest post count on the boards."

yeah, see, i've been involved in a few boards before (local music scene development forums etc.) and having a lot of posts on there, didnt generally make you any moer popular then other people. in fact, some of the coolest people i know (the smartest people, for sure) had relatively low post amounts. im not saying that i dont thing people are uncool for having losts of posts, i just did really care to realise that ladycop was so popular (though knowing that, probably wouldnt have stop me from sending her those "rude" pms. in all fairness, they werent that rude, seriously, i told her to chill, and she (i awesome its a she) flipped, and started being all angry.)

"insinuating that everyone here is a brain-dead, mind-controlled, zombified slave-to-the-music-industry?"

once again, please understand, i didnt mean to insult people. i wasnt even referring to anybody on the forum, i didnt post it on forumgarden until after i wrote it, and wanted to find some peolpe to discuss their ideas on it.
hadji

Post by hadji »

chonsigirl wrote: Hadji, clear your PM box please.
k, sorry
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hadji wrote: i have many things to say about this response. keep in mind, im not trying to "fight" with, i simply defending my posistion

first of:

yeah, see, i've been involved in a few boards before (local music scene development forums etc.) and having a lot of posts on there, didnt generally make you any moer popular then other people. in fact, some of the coolest people i know (the smartest people, for sure) had relatively low post amounts. im not saying that i dont thing people are uncool for having losts of posts, i just did really care to realise that ladycop was so popular (though knowing that, probably wouldnt have stop me from sending her those "rude" pms. in all fairness, they werent that rude, seriously, i told her to chill, and she (i awesome its a she) flipped, and started being all angry.)

once again, please understand, i didnt mean to insult people. i wasnt even referring to anybody on the forum, i didnt post it on forumgarden until after i wrote it, and wanted to find some peolpe to discuss their ideas on it.uh, did you intend to post this twice?
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: uh, did you intend to post this twice?
yep, thought i'd try to get the point across.

haha, im jk, i must have messed up somehow and submitted it twice. sorry
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

it's not that i'm "popular" kiddo, it's that i'm smart. i don't do what i do from being dumb.

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”