Bruv

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
LarsMac

Bruv

Post by LarsMac »

I just heard from his daughters.

It seems that Bruv passed away in his sleep, last night.

I have no more information than that, at the moment.

He was one of the bright lights around here, and among those whose posts were a delight to read.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Bruv

Post by Ahso! »

He will be greatly missed.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Betty Boop

Bruv

Post by Betty Boop »

LarsMac;1520718 wrote: I just heard from his daughters.

He was one of the bright lights around here, and among those whose posts were a delight to read.

oh what a shock to read this, RIP Bruv and all my regards to his family, he was indeed a bright light around here and will be greatly missed x
spot

Bruv

Post by spot »

That's terrible news, I'm so sorry to hear that. He was posting not 24 hours ago, it sounds entirely unexpected.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Bruv

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I am crushed to hear this. Spent a beautiful day with Bruv and one of his daughters here in NYC. Bright, funny, down-to-earth, in fact the Salt of the Earth. Generous, warm, kind. So very sorry for his family, for anyone who was blessed to know him. (((Bruv)))
tude dog

Bruv

Post by tude dog »

That is sad news. RIP and blessing to his family.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Bruv

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1520723 wrote: I am crushed to hear this. Spent a beautiful day with Bruv and one of his daughters here in NYC. Bright, funny, down-to-earth, in fact the Salt of the Earth. Generous, warm, kind. So very sorry for his family, for anyone who was blessed to know him. (((Bruv)))

I had the opportunity to drive up to Iowa and meet him and his two daughters and grandson while he was there.

It was his daughter Cathy who confirmed the news. He seemed quite well yesterday after work, and just went in his sleep.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Bruv

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Sad news - Bruv will be missed here at FG.

My condolences to the family.

Patsy
Bryn Mawr

Bruv

Post by Bryn Mawr »

A horrible shock and his family must be devastated. He was one of the good guys and much respected, I will miss his presence greatly. Condolences and prayers for all his family.
Clodhopper

Bruv

Post by Clodhopper »

Rest in Peace Bruv. If you had to go, that's the way to do it but I miss you.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
YZGI

Bruv

Post by YZGI »

So sorry to hear this. He was well respected. I enjoyed his point of view.
Mickiel

Bruv

Post by Mickiel »

Truly sad to read this, peace to his family.
Wandrin

Bruv

Post by Wandrin »

I am saddened by the news. Bruv seemed like such a nice guy and I truly enjoyed the various discussions I had with him on FG.
spot

Bruv

Post by spot »

Bruv made more than three posts a day for more than ten years here, we all had a significant exchange on so many subjects with him. I don't think any of us has been left unchanged by these conversations over the years, we all have a different perspective from having met Bruv online. I hope his family know he was a central part of a community when he engaged with us.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Bruv

Post by gmc »

so sad to hear this. My condolences to his family.
Saint_

Bruv

Post by Saint_ »

It may be only the internet...but I felt as though I knew him. that speaks to the incredible amount of warmth and character he had. I'll miss him dearly. My most deepest condolences to his family and my empathies to our little family here.
FourPart

Bruv

Post by FourPart »

RIP Bruv. We may not have agreed on everything, but he always respected the other point of view whenever opions diverged. He will be missed.
magentaflame

Bruv

Post by magentaflame »

I'm so sad to hear this. I'm not sure if you all know. But for the last decade and a bit you are all part of my life. I love you all dearly. YEP! even those of you I constantly disagree with. People don't have to meet to understand the other exists. That they are loved by their family and friends, that they have little idiosyncrasies that I feel only we on this forum may know about. This forum allows a lot of us to open up with things that would not usually be tolerated in the real world over the dining room table...... this is an outlet for us....we see each other in ways that most wouldn't in our ordinary lives. I already miss BRUV! I'm deeply saddened that a part of my life is gone.....part of my usual weekly conversation. It seems a small part until you lose it. gunna miss ya mate....farewell.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
kitty256

Bruv

Post by kitty256 »

Hi Everyone,

This is Bruv's oldest daughter here.

I joined so that I can thank you personally for all of your lovely kind words.

It was Heart warming to read all your lovely words, confirming what we all think about dad was thought by people who hadn't even met him.

We were lucky enough to actually meet both Lars and Annebolyn when in America 4 years ago. Thank you both for coming out of your way to meet Dad.

Luckily Dad had came to visit myself and my young brother in Scotland just 3 weeks prior to passing . He was very well when visiting us(I know this as I constantly ask him how he was feeling, worry guts that I am ).Dad Helped us move my son and daughter in law to their forever home and celebrate ..house warming and Katy's 30th Birthday. Enjoyed a few whiskeys. Went for a lovely walk in the rain with the dog at Stonehaven then for a meal on 3rd sept for Katys 30th. Lots of precious memories made in that short time Dad was in Scotland. To be treasured forever x

Dad was actually at work the day before he passed away. He even cooked the dinner as usual the night before. Sadly he passed in his sleep.

If I had to pick a way of Dad passing that would definitely be the one. Rather than have to watch him suffer.

I was very lucky to have a fantastic relationship with my dad.

Anyway, I would like to say a huge thankyou to each and every one of you who made time to say nice things about dad.

Like I said.......Its truly Heat warming to see all your lovely words.

Thank you

Take care of yourselves

Regards

Cathy
kitty256

Bruv

Post by kitty256 »

AnneBoleyn;1520723 wrote: I am crushed to hear this. Spent a beautiful day with Bruv and one of his daughters here in NYC. Bright, funny, down-to-earth, in fact the Salt of the Earth. Generous, warm, kind. So very sorry for his family, for anyone who was blessed to know him. (((Bruv)))

Thank you so much, lovely words. Was lovely to meet you.

Take care

Cathy x
kitty256

Bruv

Post by kitty256 »

magentaflame;1520791 wrote: I'm so sad to hear this. I'm not sure if you all know. But for the last decade and a bit you are all part of my life. I love you all dearly. YEP! even those of you I constantly disagree with. People don't have to meet to understand the other exists. That they are loved by their family and friends, that they have little idiosyncrasies that I feel only we on this forum may know about. This forum allows a lot of us to open up with things that would not usually be tolerated in the real world over the dining room table...... this is an outlet for us....we see each other in ways that most wouldn't in our ordinary lives. I already miss BRUV! I'm deeply saddened that a part of my life is gone.....part of my usual weekly conversation. It seems a small part until you lose it. gunna miss ya mate....farewell.

Beautiful person behind them beautiful words.

Thank you

Take care

Cathy x
kitty256

Bruv

Post by kitty256 »

Saint_;1520763 wrote: It may be only the internet...but I felt as though I knew him. that speaks to the incredible amount of warmth and character he had. I'll miss him dearly. My most deepest condolences to his family and my empathies to our little family here.

Thank you

Cathy x
kitty256

Bruv

Post by kitty256 »

LarsMac;1520718 wrote: I just heard from his daughters.

Thank you Lars

Was lovely to meet you .I know Dad was also as fond of his time on here as his (friends) are of him.

I luckily did manage to find you on his friends on FB so have already thanked you.

You take care of yourself

Cathy x
AnneBoleyn

Bruv

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thank you for responding Cathy. How are you all doing since he left? His wife, how is she? She had such a tragic year. If you ever return to NYC it would be wonderful to see you again.

Take care and much love.
G#Gill

Bruv

Post by G#Gill »

Words are not enough to say how sorry I am that dear Bruv isn't here any more. What a lovely way to go though. But such a shock to his family he has left behind.

I did so admire that lovely man. He always had important things to say and opinions to offer, and because of his natural friendliness he made so many friends on the internet and I'm sure he must have had many friends in his real world.

Bruv, I am going to miss you very much. I just wish I had been able to meet with you and your lovely family. I envy those who have had that privilege.

My son, Smaug, is going to be really upset when I tell him that his FG pal has gone. He is away in Wales busy working and doesn't get the internet or mobile phones very often where he is.

Take care Bruv, you were much respected and loved and you will be greatly missed by so many people whose lives you have touched. Thinking of the lovely family you left behind, bless you all.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
kitty256

Bruv

Post by kitty256 »

AnneBoleyn;1521182 wrote: Thank you for responding Cathy. How are you all doing since he left? His wife, how is she? She had such a tragic year. If you ever return to NYC it would be wonderful to see you again.

Take care and much love.

Hi,

Its was so out of the blue so we're not doing brilliantly.

I'm going back to work next week hopefully, see how that pans out.

Abigail is "coping" Her words.

I will at some point come back to NY, I loved being there, need to save n find someone to come with me.

Hope you're keeping well.

Take care

Cathy x

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”