The Friendship

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
Cow Patty

The Friendship

Post by Cow Patty »

I'll have what buttercup is having please:wah:
buttercup

The Friendship

Post by buttercup »

Grab a seat & sit yourself down girl :-4
Trunk Monkey

The Friendship

Post by Trunk Monkey »

buttercup;890808 wrote: Awww just throw a shot of each in a jug with some ice & juice of any description, a few straws (i'll provide) & some folks willing to party :D

Got a karaoke machine?

Sure do here it is

*TM pulls up a chair and joins CP and Buttercup* Can you sing "Get the party started" by Pink?
Cow Patty

The Friendship

Post by Cow Patty »

What song shall we play next? Any suggetions folks?
spot

The Friendship

Post by spot »

Cow Patty;891676 wrote: What song shall we play next? Any suggetions folks?

spot lifts down his squeeze-box and runs his fingers over a chord or two

Some third rate has-been lying excuse of a comedian decided to get into the news headlines by deliberately swearing so much on live English TV today that she was thrown off the chat show. Stupid cow.

Old Joan Rivers, that old Joan Rivers

She must say something but don't know nothin'

She just keeps swearing, just keeps swearing along.

She don't give answers, she don't ask questions

She's no opinions or interjections

She just keeps swearing, just keeps swearing along.You an' me, we sweat and think

Brains fired up to make them blink

Use those quotes, make folks hear,

bring in facts that show things clearbut I gets weary 'cause Joan wants money

And don't know England so she can't be funny,

She wants attention so she just keeps swearing along.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Trunk Monkey

The Friendship

Post by Trunk Monkey »

Good morning :-6 I made some scrambled eggs this morning. Would anyone like some?
Cow Patty

The Friendship

Post by Cow Patty »

Thanks TM. Can you whip me up some using Egg Beaters?
Trunk Monkey

The Friendship

Post by Trunk Monkey »

How do you beat an egg? Won't I get arrested for beating a chicken :wah:
Cow Patty

The Friendship

Post by Cow Patty »

:wah: Funny TM.
Predator Prevention

The Friendship

Post by Predator Prevention »

Trunk Monkey;892385 wrote: How do you beat an egg? Won't I get arrested for beating a chicken :wah:

depends on the context:wah:
Predator Prevention

The Friendship

Post by Predator Prevention »

Trunk Monkey;892132 wrote: Good morning :-6 I made some scrambled eggs this morning. Would anyone like some?

scrambled well please. That's how my day has gone, my eggs might as well follow suit. :driving:
spot

The Friendship

Post by spot »

fuzzy butt;897755 wrote: spot I'm confused Are you actually thinking of taking over a pub or is this thread it?

I knew all these years that if I weren't vigilant I'd end up inadvertently confusing someone and it's finally happened. Life will never be the same again.

Now and then, after a glass or two of wine, old codgers occasionally sit back in their armchairs and say to each other "if you had a pub, what would it be like" and my contributions to this thread have been my musings on that question with a slightly high-flown touch of Gormenghast thrown in. I would make an appalling publican in that, in general and with only occasional exceptions, I detest people to an almost pathological extent. I retreat from company, I walk out of rooms if other people walk into them, I consider a day good only if I've successfully avoided conversation with everyone who tries to interpose themselves between me and my isolation. I'm not well suited to running a pub.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

The Friendship

Post by spot »

spot hands fuzzy butt an "occasional exception" sticker and gives her two Gallic kisses on each cheek
G-man

The Friendship

Post by G-man »

This place has been quiet for awhile... Hey bartender! :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

spot

The Friendship

Post by spot »

Hush, the blind Irishman's just taken the fiddle down off the wall, we might get a few jigs later if we're reverent through the laments.

Here. Large dry martini, shaken on a black stoned olive, on the house. Slainte.
freetobeme

The Friendship

Post by freetobeme »

Hey, I allready have a Friendship Inn.... I'll have a shandy though...
senior's politics and discussion
Kathy Ellen

The Friendship

Post by Kathy Ellen »

freetobeme;1025677 wrote: Hey, I allready have a Friendship Inn.... I'll have a shandy though...

Oh, a shandy for me too please:-6

freetobeme

The Friendship

Post by freetobeme »

senior's politics and discussion
Odie

The Friendship

Post by Odie »

freetobeme;1026054 wrote:

Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

The Friendship

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1026158 wrote:

Odie, do your avatars have a personality disorder? They change everyday.
Odie

The Friendship

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1026175 wrote: Odie, do your avatars have a personality disorder? They change everyday.

I got sick of Caruso, went back to being me a dog, cannot find Odie in green!

besides, its fun to change, it's what its all about!:D
Life is just to short for drama.
Violetmay

The Friendship

Post by Violetmay »

I like the idea of this hostelry, I've booked the back room out for the AGM of the, ''Bugs are cute don't kill them'', society. We will bring our own bugs.
Wibble
lukeofyorkshire

The Friendship

Post by lukeofyorkshire »

Hello all. I badly need a PINT of beer!!!!!!!
spot

The Friendship

Post by spot »

Ee lad, will Theakston's do the job? There's a barrel went in last Thursday in prime condition.
manuelito

The Friendship

Post by manuelito »

spot;884528 wrote: I have, as it happens, quite liked the idea of managing a pub. Opening one here might be part of the learning process.

The problem with opening one in town is - and I've worked the spreadsheets to check - a matter of getting enough turnover to cover the staff expenses. A pub (in England at any rate) tends to be an urban affair with most of its clientèle living within walking distance. An inn, by contrast, is a village or rural place, often near running water and a road junction. Where an inn exists now in an urban environment it's because it used to be a place where coaches picked up, set down and changed horses. The call for urban inns has long since past.

But a rural inn, which has guests who travel to reach it, is the right model for The Friendship. Since I'm designing it I'll describe it. There's a Public Bar, a Lounge, the manager's Snug, a couple of back rooms for hire or for private parties and a long bar upstairs which gets opened when there's a lot of custom or for a live music night with a booked band. The ground floor rooms are all stone-flagged, stone-walled with a white wash, sparse decoration, an upright piano, some instruments on the wall which are playable (several bodhran and violas, a couple of violins, a set of Northumbrian pipes, an upright double bass with a bow in a holster, penny whistles, a flute and, incongruously, a saxophone and a clarinet). The upper floor is wood-floored, shelved for books. All the floors are spread with coarse sawdust before opening and swept after closing which gives a distinctive resiny smell to the place. The toilets are outdoors, the lighting is poor, the staff have cudgels in reach behind the bars. There are dartboards, darts and cards and dominoes behind the bar and a few cribbage boards for older visitors who know what to do with them. One door leads to an indoor alley equipped for Nine Man's Morris. There are many heavy wooden tables which easily seat eight at their benches, a few smaller tucked into corners, occasional chairs to adjust matters as needed. None of the bars have barstools, all have brass footrests.

We stock a surprisingly wide range of bitters and mild ales, lager alcohol-free and otherwise, cider (sweet or still), barley wines, assorted apple spirits, wines by the bottle (we're not prepared to serve by the glass but we do supply a house red and a house white by the jug), spirits and mixers.

The staff will refuse more alcohol to anyone they consider to be fighting drunk though they'll continue to serve them refreshments.

We have snacks, we have a dining area, we have a chef, we have a substantial plat du jour immediately available for any traveller in need of a meal.

Ladies and gentlemen, The Friendship is now open for business. The proprietor is anxious to interview staff and serve you right.

smile
manuelito

The Friendship

Post by manuelito »

Ok, ok
Micha5tr

The Friendship

Post by Micha5tr »

The proprietor is anxious to interview staff and serve you right.

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”