Water vs. Coke

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
mikeinie

Water vs. Coke

Post by mikeinie »

A lot of that stuff is just a myth; Coke is mostly fizzy flavoured water anyway. It doesn’t remove blood from sidewalks and cops don’t carry gallons of it around with them. Yes it will dissolve a tooth left in it in a few days, but you are suppose to drink it, not soak your teeth in it.

Like anything, moderation. You should drink water, but a can of coke won’t damage you, in fact in many countries it is safer to drink a Coke than it is to drink water. Have you ever heard anyone say ‘when you’re in Mexico, don’t drink the Coke’?

Have you tried the Coke Zero? It is also good. :yh_star
pinkchick

Water vs. Coke

Post by pinkchick »

mikeinie;641954 wrote: A lot of that stuff is just a myth; Coke is mostly fizzy flavoured water anyway. It doesn’t remove blood from sidewalks and cops don’t carry gallons of it around with them. Yes it will dissolve a tooth left in it in a few days, but you are suppose to drink it, not soak your teeth in it.

Like anything, moderation. You should drink water, but a can of coke won’t damage you, in fact in many countries it is safer to drink a Coke than it is to drink water. Have you ever heard anyone say ‘when you’re in Mexico, don’t drink the Coke’?

Have you tried the Coke Zero? It is also good. :yh_star

I love coke zero:) :)
Very nearly perfect ... :D
anotherlisa

Water vs. Coke

Post by anotherlisa »

Oh yeah, a lot of it is an urban legend, but I drink a lot of whatever I drink. And I'm overweight & working on losing weight (halfway to goal so far). I could easily consume several hundred calories worth of cola in a day. So that's why I go with flavored seltzer/sparkling water. And while there's no way of proving it, a friend of mine who developed diabetes in his 30s thinks it may have had something to do with him consuming a lot of sugary soda. He would go through vast amounts in a day.

But I agree, the occasional cola here or there's not going to hurt anyone.

Crazygal, sorry to hear that.
Bill Sikes

Water vs. Coke

Post by Bill Sikes »

anotherlisa;644172 wrote: while there's no way of proving it, a friend of mine who developed diabetes in his 30s thinks it may have had something to do with him consuming a lot of sugary soda. He would go through vast amounts in a day.

Drink beer, then. Consumption is self-limiting.
anotherlisa

Water vs. Coke

Post by anotherlisa »

Bill Sikes;644353 wrote: Drink beer, then. Consumption is self-limiting.

Yeah, but the tolerance level keeps going up if you do that for extended periods. :wah:
watermark

Water vs. Coke

Post by watermark »

I do like diet Pepsi when I'm eating something spicy or when the mood strikes. I have always drunk diet-who needs the extra empty calories? the stuff is bad no matter how you drink it.

When my kids had a nutrition unit in school they were informed that one can of Coke (or any soda for that matter) contained a full five tablespoons of sugar. My gawd that's a lot of sugar! But really not more than what goes in Koolaid or some other drinks, even those flavored water drinks contain a lot of sugar.

I'm a believer in 'moderation in all things', too. Gotta say my favorite drink is WATER. Yeah for H2O! Which is the base for sodas and beers and wine and well lets see what else...
Okie

Water vs. Coke

Post by Okie »

crazygal;549827 wrote: Ha ha true, I'd love a sea of pineapple juice, I'd never leave. :D

Rye whiskey, rye whiskey, rye whiskey I cry

If a tree dont fall on me I'll live thi I die.

If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck,

I'd swim to the bottom and never come up.

but the ocean:guitarist aint whiskey and I aint no duck

So I'll play Jack O Diamonds and trust in my luck.
Magic Rhino

Water vs. Coke

Post by Magic Rhino »

crazygal;549805 wrote: WATER

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (This likely applies to half the world population.)

In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied (in a University of Washington study).

Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8 to 10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

What an advert for Coke as a universal cleaning and maintenance product.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

COKE

In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

Coke will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the "Hazardous Material" place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would YOU like a glass of water or Coke?

What an advert for a cleaning and maintenance product.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
hoppy

Water vs. Coke

Post by hoppy »

If you check with Snopes you'll find most of the anti-Coke stuff is BS. Besides, fish have sex in water. Drink it if you want. Lol.
Huntley

Water vs. Coke

Post by Huntley »

I workout so I can enjoy my Rum & Coke. And that is the only reason I work out. :)
Randolph

Water vs. Coke

Post by Randolph »

YZGI;549821 wrote: If God wanted you too drink coke instead of water he would have made the oceans full of it.

nice

i also love it.... Coke..
Fiend

Water vs. Coke

Post by Fiend »

I'd take a nice cool glass of water over liquid American dream any day.
Minxing the world! @ Nothing Exchange
flopstock

Water vs. Coke

Post by flopstock »

I hate it when threads are so old I've already voted!:wah:

I still prefer water
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

gmc

Water vs. Coke

Post by gmc »

You do know that criticising a company's food products is an offence in some states don't you?
flopstock

Water vs. Coke

Post by flopstock »

gmc;1407521 wrote: You do know that criticising a company's food products is an offence in some states don't you?

I do know that there are folks dying for a bottle of water and we throw money away on it, drink a third of it and toss it out.

We recently started turning the water off while brushing our teeth in my house. We now get the brush wet and then turn it back on to rinse... do you know how old I am and how long I just ran it? Yikes! the things a kid can teach a parent!:guitarist
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Water vs. Coke

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1407522 wrote: I do know that there are folks dying for a bottle of water and we throw money away on it, drink a third of it and toss it out.

We recently started turning the water off while brushing our teeth in my house. We now get the brush wet and then turn it back on to rinse... do you know how old I am and how long I just ran it? Yikes! the things a kid can teach a parent!:guitarist

Kind of like watering your lawn to make it grow then using more natural resources to mow it. Then water then mow. I planted bermuda grass in my lawn some 20 years ago because it didn't need as much watering or mowing as fescue. My neighbors actually got pissed at me for planting different grass than them. Now with 2 summers of drought and record setting heat(I still didn't water my grass) I have the best looking lawn on the block and never watered it once. Now their are a number of neighbors planting bermuda this year. They even asked me for starters out of my lawn.
gmc

Water vs. Coke

Post by gmc »

YZGI;1407523 wrote: Kind of like watering your lawn to make it grow then using more natural resources to mow it. Then water then mow. I planted bermuda grass in my lawn some 20 years ago because it didn't need as much watering or mowing as fescue. My neighbors actually got pissed at me for planting different grass than them. Now with 2 summers of drought and record setting heat(I still didn't water my grass) I have the best looking lawn on the block and never watered it once. Now their are a number of neighbors planting bermuda this year. They even asked me for starters out of my lawn.

I turned my front lawn in to moss. Well actually I didn't - unlike me neighbours I just refuse to spend my time worrying about moss on the lawn. My neighbour puts down mosskiller then worries about the bald patches.
Pizzazzy

Water vs. Coke

Post by Pizzazzy »

That IS a great post, crazy! I just started a new thing. Every morning, I drink a glass of water and eat 5 slices of apple. It's supposed to help cleanse the body. (We'll see!)
tabby

Water vs. Coke

Post by tabby »

Definitely water for me! I'm not a big fan of carbonated drinks.
nanuk

Water vs. Coke

Post by nanuk »

YZGI;549821 wrote: If God wanted you too drink coke instead of water he would have made the oceans full of it.

You can't drink ocean water...... so I guess God doesn't want us to drink water.

and many fruit juices have more sugar than coke.... so Coke can be considered a diet drink????
Ahso!

Water vs. Coke

Post by Ahso! »

nanuk;1529354 wrote: You can't drink ocean water...... so I guess God doesn't want us to drink water.

and many fruit juices have more sugar than coke.... so Coke can be considered a diet drink????Quite true. Hello, nanuk, and welcome to FG.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
magentaflame

Re: Water vs. Coke

Post by magentaflame »

YZGI wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:03 pm crazygal;549819 wrote: Yeah but never liked Coke, don't fancy water, a Sprite would be nice though. :D
If God wanted you too drink coke instead of water he would have made the oceans full of it.
Instead he filled them with salt water. I wouldn't recommend drinking that either.

I haven't drunk a soft drink in about a decade, and definitly not coke in over two decades, after it was suggested I clean the oil stains in the driveway with it.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:05 am
YZGI wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:03 pm crazygal;549819 wrote: Yeah but never liked Coke, don't fancy water, a Sprite would be nice though. :D
If God wanted you too drink coke instead of water he would have made the oceans full of it.
Instead he filled them with salt water. I wouldn't recommend drinking that either.

I haven't drunk a soft drink in about a decade, and definitly not coke in over two decades, after it was suggested I clean the oil stains in the driveway with it.
I like the ever-so-occasional Coke, but maybe once or twice a year. And an occasional Ginger Ale.
Mostly, my diet drink of choice is water.
That shgar free soda stuff is crap in a bottle.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:23 pm
magentaflame wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:05 am

I like the ever-so-occasional Coke, but maybe once or twice a year. And an occasional Ginger Ale.
Mostly, my diet drink of choice is water.
That shgar free soda stuff is crap in a bottle.
Yes it knocks around your taste buds. It's deliberate so the only sweet taste you believe is possible is from a soft drink rather than an apple or orange.. If you go off all sweet things for four days apples become sweet again.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”