Man, 4% black

tude dog

Man, 4% black

Post by tude dog »

This is great, really.

A DNA test said a man was 4% black. Now he wants to qualify as a minority business owner.

When Ralph Taylor was born in Sacramento in 1963, his birth certificate indicated that he and his parents were Caucasian. But, like many white Americans, he grew up hearing vague family lore about long-distant Native American ancestry.

“I’ve always known that I’m multiracial,” Taylor, 55, told The Washington Post.

In 2010, Taylor took an AncestryByDNA test, he said, “just to confirm what we’d already known.” The results said that he was 90 percent European and 6 percent indigenous American, as well as 4 percent sub-Saharan African.

“I’m a certified black man,” he told The Post. “I’m certified black in all 50 states. But the federal government doesn’t recognize me.”

After he was rejected from a program for minority business owners that would have given him an advantage when competing for lucrative government contracts, Taylor sued. His case, which raises complicated questions about how race is defined, is pending before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.

Of course, his appeal won't work as race benefits is a political shell game.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
magentaflame

Man, 4% black

Post by magentaflame »

“I’m a certified black man,” he told The Post. “I’m certified black in all 50 states. that's what happens when you make "black" ..'a thing!' ....good luck to him .
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Man, 4% black

Post by gmc »

As a north european I am possibly 1-4% neanderthal - does that mean I am extinct?
Ahso!

Man, 4% black

Post by Ahso! »

gmc;1520844 wrote: As a north european I am possibly 1-4% neanderthal - does that mean I am extinct? Haha! Good one!

Well, you are special, but I'd never want you to become extinct. Onward Neanderthal DNA!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Man, 4% black

Post by tude dog »

gmc;1520844 wrote: As a north european I am possibly 1-4% neanderthal - does that mean I am extinct?

More importantly, does it give you preference to government job contracts? And if it does, why?

Seems it would be up to the government to decide the status of your possible existence.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Man, 4% black

Post by LarsMac »

From the SBA regarding minority owned business:

"Minority Owned Business Eligibility

Some minority groups are presumed to be socially and economically disadvantaged and can qualify for the 8(a) program. These groups include: African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Alaska Native Corporations, Indian Tribes, Native Hawaiian Organizations and Community Development Corporations, Asian Pacific Americans and Subcontinent Asian Americans. Individuals who are not members of one or more of these groups can be considered for the 8(a) program, but they must provide substantial evidence and documentation that demonstrates that they have been subjected to bias or discrimination and are economically disadvantaged."

Being "Black" is not a qualification.

He probably would have a better shot at being "Native American" but not likely. Most tribes require proof of 25% native blood line.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Social Human Rights”