Pregnant Teacher

Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

An unmarried, unattached, high school teacher is newly pregnant.

Advice?
hoppy

Pregnant Teacher

Post by hoppy »

Highschool teacher? Hell, some of your students are probably knocked up too. That's a great way to bond with some of them. If your a liberal, kill the kid and get on with your career. As usual, no charge for this advice.
Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

and if she's not?
Peg

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Peg »

Accountable;1232202 wrote: An unmarried, unattached, high school teacher is newly pregnant.

Advice?

OMG! What have you done? :yh_rotfl
Odie

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Odie »

Accountable;1232202 wrote: An unmarried, unattached, high school teacher is newly pregnant.

Advice?

what did you do this summer?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
flopstock

Pregnant Teacher

Post by flopstock »

I don't understand the question.

I don't see that they need advice. Do you need advice? I'm here for ya son...:D

If this is their first, for sure you need to find out what they need in the way of shower items. And be as supportive as possible... first ones are such a scary experience, regardless of your current partnership status.

Don't ask stupid questions. It's no ones business if it was planned, unplanned, artificial or natural process. The how isn't important.

It's wonderful.

Then again, if it's a surrogacy or something, just offer an ear and support.:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bill Sikes

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Bill Sikes »

Advice?

Unless there's something you're not saying, then have the baby and then get on with it, and life, and work - just like anyone else.
along-for-the-ride

Pregnant Teacher

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Advice?

How can I give advice with such little information. You are talking about a woman and an unborn child............and a father-to-be.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bruv

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Bruv »

Advice?

Unattached ?......she must have been attached, at least temporarily, to become pregnant.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

Treat it as hypothetical. Teen pregnancy is rampant, especially in our poor inner-city district. Teachers are role models.

Discuss.
Patsy Warnick

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Patsy Warnick »

who taught who.???

Which student is the Father ?

Patsy
chonsigirl

Pregnant Teacher

Post by chonsigirl »

Advice?

Advice-be as nice as you can to her, she is expecting a baby. :)

We have had two single teachers at our school have a baby. No one ever said a word about it, and why should we. They made the choice to have their baby and I was happy with all the other ladies giving baby showers and advice.

The first one had a girl-I called her The Princess. One of the most lovely little girls I've ever seen. That teacher finally moved on, I miss her seeing her little girl.

The other teacher moved to another school also, the little boy was born during the summer months.

If we can have an 8th grade girl expecting and walking our hallways, why not a teacher in the same condition? (unwed, and having a baby) And we did last year. You know what we did as teachers-we made sure that student ate right at school, got extra prenatal classes, all kinds of stuff. She was young, but then, in my school population alot of kids were born in the same situation.

Teachers may be role models-but a lady in that situation is showing how to handle the situation. She is doing her job like everyone else, and also having a baby.

For some women, their age may be the deciding factor in whether to have the baby or not. It might be their last chance to have a child, and good for them! They decided to have the baby. May their child be a blessing to them. (and thank goodness they didn't make that other decision and not have a child at all!)
RedGlitter

Pregnant Teacher

Post by RedGlitter »

There will be enough tongue clucking from others so I'd take the high road and be gracious about it. After all I am assuming the pregnant woman is an adult which usually does make somewhat of a difference in people's eyes. I would say that any classroom discussions about unplanned (was it?) pregnancies, unmarried sex, pointing at her would be totally inappropriate. I realize it's a little difficult to teach teenagers to abstain or not get pregnant/impregnate someone and I understand the role model idea but I think in this case it might be good to teach kids to be their own role models. I don't think it all appropriate to make an example out of this teacher or to ostracize her. Especially to do that as a "consequence" of unwed pregnancy. I'm not saying YOU would do that, Acc, I mean people in general.

By the way, does anyone wonder about the father? I hope no one is putting emphasis on the woman just because she bears (no pun) the evidence.

I think talk of disappointment needs to be avoided because to go around for nine months yammering about irresponsibility and b.astard kids is not only rude but you know eventually that child would find out and that would be a very bad thing. All kids deserve to come into this world feeling wanted and having a clean slate.

My short answer would be that if she is a self supporting adult, then her pregnancy details are no one's concern, teacher or not. But that said, I do understand why you might see it differently through the eyes of your students. That makes it not an easy call.
flopstock

Pregnant Teacher

Post by flopstock »

Now make it a catholic school..:lips:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Pregnant Teacher

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl Amen..

[QUOTE]Now make it a catholic school..:lips:

Well said Chonsi .. :yh_clap
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AussiePam

Pregnant Teacher

Post by AussiePam »

Is she democrat or republican?
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

AussiePam;1232344 wrote: Is she democrat or republican?
:wah:

I see it's too sensitive a PC question for debate.

The real story, for the gossips:sneaky:: She was going to lift a box and another teacher started fussing over her like a mother hen. She said the doctor never told her not to and she felt fine. I asked if having to see this doctor was a good thing or bad thing (for all I knew she might've had a car accident or something). She said it was good so I gave her a big hug and said "good, but you're still not carrying anything."

Our school has many many teenage mothers. Last year I found out one of our 9th graders (14-15 years old) had two babies at home. There is a strong possibility that this popular teacher, through her modeling, will convince young girls that they themselves can have and take care of a baby alone with no problems.

Lots of people think teachers have an obligation to teach morality through role modeling. I do not think that way; that is the parents' responsibility and we've tried to transfer far too many parental responsibilities to the schools. Not every responsibility is a government responsibility.
Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

RedGlitter;1232276 wrote: By the way, does anyone wonder about the father? I hope no one is putting emphasis on the woman just because she bears (no pun) the evidence.
He was a date. Nice guy. Early signs are that he might be happy with no parental responsibility beyond financial. That's sad to me.
Imladris

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Imladris »

Bill Sikes;1232218 wrote: Unless there's something you're not saying, then have the baby and then get on with it, and life, and work - just like anyone else.

I tend to agree, no-ones business really but hers and the fathers.

Accountable;1232248 wrote: Treat it as hypothetical. Teen pregnancy is rampant, especially in our poor inner-city district. Teachers are role models.

Discuss.

~The role model she can be is a good mother, taking care of herself, giving her baby the best start in life and if she chooses to carry on working after having the baby then by being self-supporting she'll send a great message to her students.

A baby is a blessing so good luck to her and best wishes.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
cigar898

Pregnant Teacher

Post by cigar898 »

Accountable;1232202 wrote: An unmarried, unattached, high school teacher is newly pregnant. Advice?

:eek: DOES YOUR WIFE KNOW!?
Those who made the ultimate sacrifice thought YOU were worth dying for. Remember THEM

I'm Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Christian, and a proud Veteran. Therefore, my government has labeled me a "right-wing extremist", a militia member, and a possible domestic terrorist
cigar898

Pregnant Teacher

Post by cigar898 »

Accountable;1232406 wrote: He was a date. Nice guy. Early signs are that he might be happy with no parental responsibility beyond financial. That's sad to me.

Life is life and thus should always be welcomed. Congratulate her and offer her help.

If any student sees her and her upcoming 'baby bump' and takes that as a sign that getting pregnant is cool......they are a lost casue because anything you say to them won't register. The only thing that might possibly help, and if she is willing, have her go to all the classrooms and explain her situation. She has a job and can support herself and the baby when it arrives; she has medical insurance (you all do right?), and has a stable environment to raise a child.

My $.02 worth
Those who made the ultimate sacrifice thought YOU were worth dying for. Remember THEM

I'm Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Christian, and a proud Veteran. Therefore, my government has labeled me a "right-wing extremist", a militia member, and a possible domestic terrorist
RedGlitter

Pregnant Teacher

Post by RedGlitter »

Accountable;1232406 wrote: He was a date. Nice guy. Early signs are that he might be happy with no parental responsibility beyond financial. That's sad to me.

In this case I'd turn it around and rather than worry about what an unwed mother looks like to the kids, I'd use it as an example of how unwed fathers need to step up to the plate and be real men.
Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

RedGlitter;1232759 wrote: In this case I'd turn it around and rather than worry about what an unwed mother looks like to the kids, I'd use it as an example of how unwed fathers need to step up to the plate and be real men.
Vilifying a complete stranger is pointless and would only serve to satisfy, well, you, Red. The woman is quite friendly with the guy and seems extremely comfortable with the arrangement.

Your unwed father scenario would only work if he were also a teacher at the school.
RedGlitter

Pregnant Teacher

Post by RedGlitter »

Accountable;1232764 wrote: Vilifying a complete stranger is pointless and would only serve to satisfy, well, you, Red. The woman is quite friendly with the guy and seems extremely comfortable with the arrangement.

Your unwed father scenario would only work if he were also a teacher at the school.

Was that a pot shot, Acc? :(

If she's fine with it then everyone else should be too. Which makes the original request for advice kinda moot.

I read your post to say that the woman being unmarried would set a detrimental example for the students. My point was that she didn't get that way alone yet what kind of example does the man set for the guys? I think I see your point about teachers....do I? Yet I rather side with them being people and not role models. That's not a slight either, that's me saying when you set people up to be role models you will often be disappointed. I also think the father does matter as an example, even if he isn't a teacher. For anyone to give this woman a black mark while letting the guy go free would be very poor judgement. But.....and here is where I think you misunderstood me.... All I said was if anyone should point the finger, they had better point two. That is what is fair. I didn't suggest vilifying anyone. I see where some people might be more conservative in their views than I am on t his, but in the end I don't think this teacher's situation is anyone's business. :)
Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

It was more of a teasing poke than a pot shot. Sorry. I'll respond more in the morning but I didn't want to let that go wrongly. :o
fuzzywuzzy

Pregnant Teacher

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Accountable;1232248 wrote: Treat it as hypothetical. Teen pregnancy is rampant, especially in our poor inner-city district. Teachers are role models.

Discuss.

Nothing to disscuss. Grown woman pregnant .......what the hell has it to do with us ..
fuzzywuzzy

Pregnant Teacher

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

There is a strong possibility that this popular teacher, through her modeling, will convince young girls that they themselves can have and take care of a baby alone with no problems.

Oh god don't tell me your country or society is that backwards?

and yes even in a Catholic school they don't get dissmissed ...proven cases.

Good god what year are you guys living in?
RedGlitter

Pregnant Teacher

Post by RedGlitter »

Accountable;1232833 wrote: It was more of a teasing poke than a pot shot. Sorry. I'll respond more in the morning but I didn't want to let that go wrongly. :o

*whew* Thanks Acc. I'll take a teasing poke any day. :)
flopstock

Pregnant Teacher

Post by flopstock »

fuzzywuzzy;1232842 wrote: Nothing to disscuss. Grown woman pregnant .......what the hell has it to do with us ..

Well, I think I has to do with us whether we care to admit it or not.

If we look at it from hoppys postpoint, she must be a conservative because liberals are no longer bothering to birth babies, are they?

If you don't think that miserable mothers and co-workers will spend their free time speculating and trying to get details, guess again. It's not back-wards or behind the times, it's human nature I suppose.

It's a tough one for the moral group. On the one hand they want to be supportive of a person who has chosen to carry it. On the other, they can't help but hope that she and he will do the 'right' thing... even though he apparently has no interest in fatherhood.. the 'right' thing.:rolleyes:

It's a tough one for the teacher. Her life is over as she knew it. And she knows it. Going where she wants. Doing what she wants. Living for herself. That's all done now... it's all about us, not me... from here on out.

A tough call. But surprisingly simple. I wish her the best:-6

Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

It is a tough call. That's what I was getting at. I think it's a little glib just to say it's nobody's business and it shouldn't matter because it does matter, regardless of whose business it is. She's going to be put in a very uncomfortable position very soon. Some girl somewhere is going to hold her up as an example to prove her point, whatever that point may be. It happens to anyone that has contact with teenagers. My heart goes out to the teacher.

Do women still advise girls to save sex for the man they fall in love with? I know the 'wait till marriage' gig is over. If she wants to say something like that, she's got to be prepared to discuss her mistake. It's scary to make yourself vulnerable like that.

In most cases of a teen having a baby in our school district, the baby would have a far better chance at a better life if he/she were given to a loving adoptive family. It would be useless for this teacher to even discuss such an option with any but the most mature students.

The guy's responsible, and hopefully will fulfill as many of his responsibilities as she will let him, but none of that will likely ever be known by the students.

The teacher is going to be a great mom with lots of support. Grandma is over the moon at finally getting a grandchild. Her kid's going to be fine - more than fine. She's my friend and no one likes to watch a friend go through a difficult situation.

I phrased the op poorly. I was hoping for a generalized conversation about culture and values and didn't want to push it in any direction. You never know what path these threads will take, eh?
cigar898

Pregnant Teacher

Post by cigar898 »

Accountable;1232924 wrote: It is a tough call. That's what I was getting at. I think it's a little glib just to say it's nobody's business and it shouldn't matter because it does matter, regardless of whose business it is. She's going to be put in a very uncomfortable position very soon. Some girl somewhere is going to hold her up as an example to prove her point, whatever that point may be. It happens to anyone that has contact with teenagers. My heart goes out to the teacher.

Do women still advise girls to save sex for the man they fall in love with? I know the 'wait till marriage' gig is over. If she wants to say something like that, she's got to be prepared to discuss her mistake. It was a mistake to get pregnant? So how much did it cost her on her overall grade? It's scary to make yourself vulnerable like that. Has she stated "It was a mistake to get pregnant? If so, I missed it in the posts...sorry.

In most cases of a teen having a baby in our school district, the baby would have a far better chance at a better life if he/she were given to a loving adoptive family. It would be useless for this teacher to even discuss such an option with any but the most mature students.

The guy's responsible, and hopefully will fulfill as many of his responsibilities as she will let him, but none of that will likely ever be known by the students. Then this is a point, if her being pregnant is influencing young girls, that she needs to bring up.

The teacher is going to be a great mom with lots of support. Grandma is over the moon at finally getting a grandchild. Her kid's going to be fine - more than fine. She's my friend and no one likes to watch a friend go through a difficult situation.

Again, has she said it was going to be difficult?

I phrased the op poorly. I was hoping for a generalized conversation about culture and values and didn't want to push it in any direction. You never know what path these threads will take, eh?

Yep, you never know do you ACC? :wah:

Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

Do women still advise girls to save sex for the man they fall in love with? I know the 'wait till marriage' gig is over. If she wants to say something like that, she's got to be prepared to discuss her mistake. It was a mistake to get pregnant? So how much did it cost her on her overall grade? Huh? Grade?

It's scary to make yourself vulnerable like that. Has she stated "It was a mistake to get pregnant? If so, I missed it in the posts...sorry. I think it would be more accurate to say it was a mistake to have unprotected sex.

The guy's responsible, and hopefully will fulfill as many of his responsibilities as she will let him, but none of that will likely ever be known by the students. Then this is a point, if her being pregnant is influencing young girls, that she needs to bring up. And say what?

Again, has she said it was going to be difficult? I said it was going to be difficult. I've been put on the spot before trying to explain why something is okay for one person and not for another, how it's not really a double-standard. My situation can't compare to hers.
Patsy Warnick

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Account this is a tough situation for a single Teacher pregnant.

If it was me - Class, my Finacee & I are expecting a baby.. and that is that in these days.

RE: the actual position with the birth father - well, it wasn't meant to be.

Haven't we all had a ONE NIGHT STAND ????

I have - I would not - and didn't expect that man to be obligated or make him obligated to UNITE as a couple for the sake of society....

It was just what it was - mistake,?? well, that's only for the Female Teacher in this case to decide.. Thank God for choices..

Acct - God Bless your friend - hold your head high young lady..

Patsy
cigar898

Pregnant Teacher

Post by cigar898 »

Accountable;1233228 wrote: Do women still advise girls to save sex for the man they fall in love with? I know the 'wait till marriage' gig is over. If she wants to say something like that, she's got to be prepared to discuss her mistake. It was a mistake to get pregnant? So how much did it cost her on her overall grade? Huh? Grade?

It's scary to make yourself vulnerable like that. Has she stated "It was a mistake to get pregnant? If so, I missed it in the posts...sorry. I think it would be more accurate to say it was a mistake to have unprotected sex.

The guy's responsible, and hopefully will fulfill as many of his responsibilities as she will let him, but none of that will likely ever be known by the students. Then this is a point, if her being pregnant is influencing young girls, that she needs to bring up. And say what?

Again, has she said it was going to be difficult? I said it was going to be difficult. I've been put on the spot before trying to explain why something is okay for one person and not for another, how it's not really a double-standard. My situation can't compare to hers.

Well, if it ever comes up in the classroom, just be honest and sincere....as you always are. Just make sure you present all three sides of the equation; the good, the bad, and the ugly. Best of luck and God bless you!

Nomad

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Nomad »

Advice?

Deny deny deny.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Pregnant Teacher

Post by Accountable »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl *breathe* :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
K.Snyder

Pregnant Teacher

Post by K.Snyder »

Discuss.

How fitting

Return to “Social Human Rights”