We need to stop this.

mikeinie

We need to stop this.

Post by mikeinie »

Wow, that is screwed up
OpenMind

We need to stop this.

Post by OpenMind »

14 kids and 3 adults in a 2-bedroomed house?!! That's not right at all!!
Odie

We need to stop this.

Post by Odie »

omg...........just for attention!:-5:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

We need to stop this.

Post by qsducks »

I saw this on GMA this morning. Totally unethical in my book. For crying out loud she already has 6 kids! What, didn't they satisfy her mommyness? Crazy.:-2
Oscar Namechange

We need to stop this.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Isn't it strange how we had threads on about the woman a few days ago before new details came to light and we were all applauding her????

Now it has been revealed that she has other kids, every-one has turned on her.

Speaking from actual experience of invtro-fertilisation myself maybe you should be aware of another side to it should you have never had to go through the misery of using this alternative method to concieve yourself.

Firstly, you do not fall pregnant overnight. It takes months starting from having your ovulation monitered endlessly. Maybe, if your lucky, 6 to 9 months after that, you will have your eggs removed at the right time which i might add is bloody painfull. It is not always successfull first time and you may have to go through the proceedure up to 10 times just to get eggs that will survive outside the womb. Then the eggs are frozen. To avoid early mis-carraige, your eggs are not planted into the womb immediately, they have to survive storage. After this length of time, your eggs are fertilised with your partner's sperm. Again, they are not planted in the womb immediately due to high risk of early mis-carraige. If and it is an if, your eggs and sperm do successfully develope enough to transplant into the womb, more than one egg has to be transplanted due to the % of early mis-carraige. This is also why, up to 8 eggs are fertilised at one time as most women will end up with one baby from 8 eggs. If your lucky, you may get twins or triplets.

Of the 8 or so eggs transplanted into the womb, most will not go on to become embyo's. Due to the time of full proceedure and the % of mis-carraige, this number of eggs has to be transplanted to have a 50% chance of getting one baby.

It is not until some weeks after the eggs have been transplanted that any-one will know for sure how many are developing. Should all 8 eggs fertilise, transplant successfully and go on to become embryo's.... at what presice time ladies, would you decide to abort the other 7 baby's because you only planned for one?????????
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kindle

We need to stop this.

Post by Kindle »

The article doesn't say who paid for her procedure to get pregnant. Isn't this a very expensive and you have no guarantee of sucess?

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
qsducks

We need to stop this.

Post by qsducks »

Kindle;1122759 wrote: The article doesn't say who paid for her procedure to get pregnant. Isn't this a very expensive and you have no guarantee of sucess?

On GMA they said it is not covered by insurance. The place where she went to get preggars again IMO was unethical and implanted 8 embroyos into her. IDK, what were they thinking? She already has 6 kids. Who is the daddy? Glad I'm not in her shoes....don't think the national press will be fawning over her.
Odie

We need to stop this.

Post by Odie »

Kindle;1122759 wrote: The article doesn't say who paid for her procedure to get pregnant. Isn't this a very expensive and you have no guarantee of sucess?

very expensive, usually 25,000 a pop!

she has money somewhere, hopefully she will move into a better place to raise all of those kids!

but thanks to news bulletins..........people will donate tons.:-5:-5

stupid cow!
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

We need to stop this.

Kindle;1122759 wrote: The article doesn't say who paid for her procedure to get pregnant. Isn't this a very expensive and you have no guarantee of sucess? In Britain, IVF is available free on the NHS but there is a very long waiting list. Or, we do have the option of buying into a private health care plan. As far as i know, i don't believe that free IVF treatment is available in the states as you don't have an entirely free health service anyway.

I am guessing that she would have paid for it under private health care.

I am not sure of the statistics now but when i had it, the failure rate was around 75% chance. The entire proceedure to get one baby can take up to a year and a half. It's also painfull and heartbreaking if it fails. Due to all those reasons, Doctors have to implant up to 8 eggs at a time to stand a 50 % chance of getting one baby. I'm guessing again but i don't believe this woman could have planned for 8 baby's. The odds of all eggs surviving would be have been very unlikely.

If there are two parents and they are not a burden on the state, can offer a loving stable life for their children, does it really matter that much?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

We need to stop this.

Scrat;1122852 wrote: To me it's mainly an issue of it being a thing we can do but should we do it? My second concern is the mental condition of the mother. Some of these babies are going to have health problems too in the future, who's going to pay for that?

There are so many children out there that don't have parents, if you can't have one yourself get one of them.

We need to outlaw this or at least more tightly control the welfare end of it. It is a free country but with freedom comes responsibility.

Scrat... you are one member that i actually truely admire on here and trust me, i value your opinion over many. Can i ask you this?

My sister has just had her 8th baby. Her and her husband were childhood sweethearts. Through their own hard graft and toil, and not one state hand-out, over the years, they have been able to achieve a large family house with everything that every one of their children could want for. Her husband works all hours god gives to give his children the best. Every elder child has been brought up to do their share in the house and for the younger members.

Why did they want another baby..... simply because they love children and know that they can give them everything including a loving enviroment and stability.

She decided that the 8th baby was to be her last, however, what would you have said to her if she had learnt that she was not carry one baby, but three more?
along-for-the-ride

We need to stop this.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Your sister, Oscar, sounds like she is in a loving, commited relationship and there is a responsible father and husband involved. And both love children. She is an example to me of a family that should have as many children as they want. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

We need to stop this.

along-for-the-ride;1123093 wrote: Your sister, Oscar, sounds like she is in a loving, commited relationship and there is a responsible father and husband involved. And both love children. She is an example to me of a family that should have as many children as they want. :)

Thank you that's lovely :-4

I was trying to point out that sometimes mother nature can give you the un-expected and when it happens, mothers will just cope rather than abort babies or give them up for adoption because 'They have enough already'.

Return to “Social Human Rights”