Post by Omni_Skittles »

Jester;1008632 wrote: I figured so!
that's like a check mark for McCain...
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Omni_Skittles »

AZ aslo says this about marriages that i found funny

Cousin Marriages: Yes, first cousins may marry if both are sixty-five years of age or older. If one or both first cousins are under sixty-five years of age, they can marry if they show proof to a superior court judge that one of them is unable to reproduce.
Smoke signals ftw!
RedGlitter

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by RedGlitter »

Arizona

The fact is majority rule should NOT count in this because you are dealing with a person's private business which in no way affects you. You have no right and no business inflicting your personal moral standards on a group of people just because you don't like how they conduct their private life. Shame on you all.
Omni_Skittles

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Omni_Skittles »

RedGlitter;1008637 wrote: Arizona

The fact is majority rule should NOT count in this because you are dealing with a person's private business which in no way affects you. You have no right and no business inflicting your personal moral standards on a group of people just because you don't like how they conduct their private life. Shame on you all.they also do not have the right to try to force pastors to stop saying homosexuality is a sin...
Smoke signals ftw!
RedGlitter

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by RedGlitter »

Actually they do have that right. Under law it's called hate speech.
Omni_Skittles

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Omni_Skittles »

RedGlitter;1008641 wrote: Actually they do have that right. Under law it's called hate speech.Which I think is Bogus! I could go on for hours on this alone!!!
Smoke signals ftw!
RedGlitter

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by RedGlitter »

You don't have to feel shame in this, although you should, but how dare you try to decide another person's business because of your own homophobia. I mean that. How dare you.
Odie

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Odie »

they passed the law here, they marry gays now.
Life is just to short for drama.
Omni_Skittles

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Jester;1010906 wrote: They do?

I'll scratch canada off my list as a potential country when the US falls to homosexuals.

I may end up in muslum country after all! Would I rather loose my head or openly accept homosexuals?

:thinking:That's a bit extreme!
Smoke signals ftw!
Accountable

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Accountable »

Jester;1010902 wrote: Religious groups that refuse to marry same sex couples will then be discriminating against them and can be sued.
You know this isn't true. Catholics refuse to marry non-Catholics. No repercussions.
Odie

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Odie »

Jester;1010906 wrote: They do?

I'll scratch canada off my list as a potential country when the US falls to homosexuals.

I may end up in muslum country after all! Would I rather loose my head or openly accept homosexuals?

:thinking:

yup, we have everything here now!:-5

In December 2004, the Canadian Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriages are constitutional. On June 28, 2005 the House of Commons voted to extend marriage rights to gay and lesbian couples throughout Canada. The Senate approved the measure in July 2005. It is now legal for gays and lesbians to marry every place in Canada. There is no residency requirement for Canadian marriage, but that does not mean a Canadian gay marriage will be recognized by other countries.
Odie

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Odie »

Jester;1010922 wrote: Thanks, now I know I wont be heading to Canada.

you, Hoss and Missy can still come visit me!:-4
RedGlitter

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by RedGlitter »

Homosexuality is a choice, not a right base don an unchangeable aspect of humanity.

Jester homosexuality is the way some people are born, the same as some are born with heterosexual tendencies. Nobody makes a choice. You should do some studying up on it or better yet, talk to a homosexual person and actually ask them "is it your choice?" See what they have to say. You want to know the truth you go to the source.

As for all that other bit, I'm tired and there's no sense beating my head against a brick wall repeatedly. But that bit about me choosing to stay here among moral decay? That's beneath you Jester. I mean seriously. I judge my friends on their character and backbone, not on who puts what where. There are a few gay and lesbian individuals on here right now reading our silliness and I am as proud to be their friend as I am ashamed of some of the rubbish in this thread.
RedGlitter

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by RedGlitter »

Jester, you know I can't go for that.

Did you make a conscious decision at any point in your life to choose women? They didn't either.

The only thing we have in common on this is that neither of us is sorry about where we stand. I make no apology either.

I think I've said all I can say politely so I'll step out because neither of us is going to change our mind.
BTS

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by BTS »

RedGlitter;1010940 wrote: Jester homosexuality is the way some people are born, the same as some are born with heterosexual tendencies. Nobody makes a choice. You should do some studying up on it or better yet, talk to a homosexual person and actually ask them "is it your choice?" See what they have to say. You want to know the truth you go to the source.

As for all that other bit, I'm tired and there's no sense beating my head against a brick wall repeatedly. But that bit about me choosing to stay here among moral decay? That's beneath you Jester. I mean seriously. I judge my friends on their character and backbone, not on who puts what where. There are a few gay and lesbian individuals on here right now reading our silliness and I am as proud to be their friend as I am ashamed of some of the rubbish in this thread.

Kool someone who has really studied up on the subject, in depth....

So with all this study can you tell me why my brother, who is a father of 2 children from the marriage to his high school sweetheart is now gay?

Was he gay when he said I do? Do you think moving to West Hollywood could have helped change him?

I am dumb struck and in my opinion I think the environment you are in has more to do with it than nature. I think it was his choice.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Accountable

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Accountable »

RedGlitter;1010957 wrote: Jester, you know I can't go for that.

Did you make a conscious decision at any point in your life to choose women? They didn't either.The conscious decision isn't about who makes one horny. The conscious decision is about what to do about it. John McCain didn't decide to like young tall pretty women, but he did make a conscious decision to sleep with more than one.

For that matter, a small part of our population don't make the conscious decision to become sexually aroused with animals, but they do decide whether they will act on it.

But we're talking about marriage, not sex. People have sex without the bondage - er, bonds - of matrimony all the time. IMO there are two points on this issue, and different people fight about gay marriage because of either or both.

Citizens should all have the same rights. If special rights are granted because of the legal construct of marriage and denied to all other people, then the legal construct of marriage is unfair and ought to be opened to all or abolished. (which, btw, would not abolish holy matrimony, only civil marriage. Ya can't make holy matrimony illegal.)

Homosexuality should be as acceptable to society as heterosexuality. This is the group that insists that the legal construct of #1 must necessarily be exactly the same for both homosexuals and heterosexuals - especially the same in name. This is a completely different issue because social acceptability is not a legal construct and thus cannot be legislated.

Personally, I'm all for #1 because it helps not only homosexual couples but also good friends who choose to be family, sometimes because they simply have no other family. I think #2 is wrong. It is the quicker, lazy way of gaining acceptance - it creates far more animosity and bitterness than true acceptance. It's far better to gain acceptance by being acceptable in every other way.
Chezzie

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Chezzie »

BTS;1010966 wrote: Kool someone who has really studied up on the subject, in depth....

So with all this study can you tell me why my brother, who is a father of 2 children from the marriage to his high school sweetheart is now gay?

Was he gay when he said I do? Do you think moving to West Hollywood could have helped change him?

I am dumb struck and in my opinion I think the environment you are in has more to do with it than nature. I think it was his choice.

Years ago in a job I was at, a work mate split up with her live in boyfriend. After a few months she started going out with the girls from work, a bunch of whom were lesbians. She got very friendly with one and ended up having a relationship with her. She was totally in love. Eventually it fizzled out and now she is married and has a 3 year old daughter. She says Trudy the girl who she had the relationship with, prayed on her vulnerability and thats why she had the relationship.

Also another lesbian couple who worked there, one had been married and had grown up children, she said it was only her current partner she loved and she would only be lesbian a long as she was with her, if they split she would go back to men.

So you see for some it is choice I feel.
Grizzled_Bear

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Grizzled_Bear »

I heard on NPR a while back that scientists may have identified a "gay" gene and there has also been quantitative research regarding embryonic testosterone levels linking lesbianism in women and predisposition towards violence in men. Also new research has found a correlation between the number of male children a woman has consecutively to an increase in the likelihood in having a homosexual child.
LilacDragon

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by LilacDragon »

Hmmm. Pretty interesting.

So - according to some of what I have read in the last 8 pages, it is alright to abuse your spouse or kill someone so long as you have sex with the opposite sex.

I need to teach my child to be tolerant of other religions that might believe that killing the infidel is ok or having multiple wives is ok so long as the members of said religion only sleep with members of the opposite sex.

I don't think "gay" people want special priveledges. They want the same "priveledges" as every one else. To file taxes together, to have one another covered with insurance policies, to legal protection in case of a serious illness or divorce. I have a hard time seeing how that corrodes the institution of marriage, erode the family values of a country or any other of the hogwash I hear people spewing all of the time.

As for people "choosing" to be gay - have you lost your ever-lovin' mind!!!??? I can't imagine anyone choosing to behave in a way that offered unending insults, slurs on one's character and random acts of violence. Violence against gays is one of the major reasons that the U.S. has hate crime laws now.

BTS - I doubt your brother "chose" to be gay. I am sure he was when he said "I do". I bet if you sit down and actually talk to him about it you will find that he tried very hard to be what society wanted him to be until he just couldn't any more.

Personally - I teach my children to judge people by how they treat others, how they work, are they honest, are they nice to animals. At no point would I tell my children that someone who sleeps with someone of the same sex but in all other ways is an upstanding citizen is less of a person and should be looked down on.
Sandi

Accountable

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Accountable »

LilacDragon;1012010 wrote: As for people "choosing" to be gay - have you lost your ever-lovin' mind!!!??? I can't imagine anyone choosing to behave in a way that offered unending insults, slurs on one's character and random acts of violence. Violence against gays is one of the major reasons that the U.S. has hate crime laws now. You mean their actions are beyond their control?? So then, by that line of reasoning a heterosexual person's sexual behavior is beyond his/her control as well. If sexual behavior is beyond everyone's control, how can we possibly blame anyone for having affairs? How can we say bestiality, or even pedophilia, can be a crimial issue? We can't call them guilty if they don't choose to behave in such a way, can we?

Feelings are beyond a person's control. Behavior is not.
Odie

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Odie »

Jester;1010939 wrote: Ok can we come during Stampede, Hoss wants to ride a bull er two. :wah:

you will have to go to Calgary Alberta in August for the stampede...Odie is in Ontario, pick me pick me!:wah:
LilacDragon

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by LilacDragon »

Hoss;1012083 wrote: .

The worst thing we can do for them is to bring their deviant behavior into normalcy.

No. The worse thing that we can do is label someone who thinks or feels differently then we do as "deviant".

I find it ironic that as society changes, the Constitution is amended to reflect those changes yet a book that was written 2000+ years ago is never questioned. I wonder if God summarily sends all gays straight to hell because of who they loved but is really willing to forgive a serial killer?
Sandi

Omni_Skittles

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Can you think of a solution that would please everyone? I think that would even be better.... instead of arguing the wrongs and rights of it... what about what we need... a SOLUTION????
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Hoss;1012121 wrote: Yes, everybody accept the Lord. The perfect solution.

I think that so long as man exists there will never be a way to please everyone.Good point... but hey the writers of the deceleration of independence tried it... somehow though there should be a mutual agreement
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Hoss;1012128 wrote: LOL I don't think that pleased King George very much! :wah:Wow, i meant the constitution lol and the thirteen colonies...
Smoke signals ftw!
Accountable

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Accountable »

loosely related question: Do you have to prove legal marriage to file Married Filing Jointly?
Nomad

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Nomad »

Accountable;1051506 wrote: loosely related question: Do you have to prove legal marriage to file Married Filing Jointly?

Extremely loose, too loose to reply to. Lets try to tighten things up here a bit shall we ?

God !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Accountable »

Nomad;1052618 wrote: Extremely loose, too loose to reply to. Lets try to tighten things up here a bit shall we ?

God !
Yessir! Sorry sir! Tightening sir! :yh_sick Too tight sir!
sunny104

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by sunny104 »

Accountable;1051506 wrote: loosely related question: Do you have to prove legal marriage to file Married Filing Jointly?

if you live in a state that recognizes common law marriage then you can file jointly so I dunno...:yh_think
minks

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by minks »

Hoss;1006245 wrote: [QUOTE=Accountable;1006198]

Because it's not right to change a long standing tradition recognized for centuries to suit the whims of a small minority of persons when they legally have the right to form the contract of the same union under the law. They need to come up with their own name for it, not change what’s already there. I believe that homosexual marriage and or union is detrimental to the raising of a child, to our society in general, and will continue to destroy the family unit as a traditional union and basis for a strong society. If I could reverse the domestic partner laws I would do so as well. I do not support any union of a homosexual nature. I’d support a constitutional amendment to address this on the federal level making it legally binding for all states.

And selfishly, if it passes, my dad will sell everything and move from CA. I'd have to stay here alone to finish all my school, then stay her longer to get job experience before I could lateral into another department out of state. I've been alone for some weeks now, it's no fun.

Sorry Hoss I am not picking on you ok. I just want to throw my ideas into the ring too. I believe there are far more detriments to raising a child out there than homosexual relationships.... addictions, violence, terrorisim, poverty, abuse, hate, etc.

If a homosexual couple love each other and they offer up good values to a child that child stands to be a far greater asset to our world than one living in an abusive heterosexual parented family.

Like Yz said Marriage is a matter of interpretation....

Just a question for you opposed to the gay lifestyle.

Would you know a gay person if you met one? Can you pick them out in a crowd?

Would you disown a friend if you found out they were gay? or was friends with someone who was gay?

Would you as a parent disown your child if they told you they were gay?

How would you know if you came upon an emergancy situation if the person in need was gay or not? If they were gay would you deny them aid?

Call me daft but I don't see the overall awful impact gays have in our lives.

I have to say sadly I offended people once upon a time when I voiced my thoughts on the gay choice of life.

As with many things I was ignorant... uneducated. I sincerely appologize to those from the past I offended, I blame my ignorance. I have since learned.

Jester I am saddened to hear anyone would deny a gay person company benifits.

You would rather be associated with a muslim country because they do not support gay marriage...

would you support a terrorist over a gay?

I think a terrorist has a far more horrific impact over our lives than a gay person does... hell I know they do look at the changes they have made in our lives????

Just my opinion and don't intend offend anyone ok?

As far as coming to Calgary for the stampede, be prepared we have some gay people here in this city.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
southern yankee

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by southern yankee »

here we go again.:mad: There are some that agree and there are some that do not. Either way. I don't think either side is going to budge. When politics and religion. is mixed together. It is never a pretty sight. :confused::mad:
Odie

New Gay Marriage Thread

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1054629 wrote: here we go again.:mad: There are some that agree and there are some that do not. Either way. I don't think either side is going to budge. When politics and religion. is mixed together. It is never a pretty sight. :confused::mad:

not a pretty site, and why keep on debating it!:-5

Return to “Social Human Rights”