Discussing the Right On list: Race.

spot

Post by spot »

An anonymous list in Thank God CBS didn't shut him up!:) beginning "Right on" carries a paragraph on racial discrimination and asserts that racial discrimination is driven by black prejudice:Anonymous wrote: The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I was going to mention the plethora of organizations that are "Providing Food, Relief Care & More For Jewish Communities Everywhere" but perhaps that's too easy.

I happened across an interesting blog-plus-comments which fit the original point rather better. It's a laudable blog, it's laudable comments - who'd join in from the other side, after all - but the undertone highlights the continuing discriminatory nature of the unenlightened of the societies - the vague glimmerings of desegregation implied in "In my lodge there are three blacks, who were admitted with no problem but with much of joy", for example.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bez

Post by Bez »

The world is full of human beings who like to 'label' people by race, creed, age size, nationality, skin colour, sex, tribe etc.

Until we respect 'the differences' to the point where, each of us, is just seen as a member of the human race,it will always be the same or at least a VERY long time before things change. Maybe it will take a global disaster.... a depressing thought !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

In the US, slavery systemically stripped millions of people of their cultural heritage, so they pieced together a cultural patchwork quilt of their own. They couldn't call it a Rhodesian culture or Mandingo culture, so they use the only common identifiers they have: continent and color.

People would cheer for an Italian-American beauty pageant. Crowds gather for St. Patrick's Day even though it is supposed to be an Irish holiday. We have a half-dozen spanish language channels and I don't hear anyone bitching about them .... okay I do, but not much.

Let the American descendants of slaves celebrate the rich culture they've built for themselves. They deserve it.

Yes this is a departure from a stance I held when I first joined FG. I credit RedGlitter for that.

Return to “Social Human Rights”