Big Brother

maccat

Big Brother

Post by maccat »

From the moment you step out of your front door, big brother is watching you.

As your day begins you are caught in the glare of street cameras. Next as you make your way down onto the underground to catch a train into work, again you are captured in the lens of a camera. You get off the train and head into the newsagent to buy your daily newspaper and sure enough big brother is watching you once again. Then as you begin your day at work you are monitored right up until you clock off. Then it’s back to the eye of the street camera’s. This scenario continue’s right up until you put the key in the door and walk back into the privacy of home.

Surely this big brother behaviour well and truly over steps the mark. Where do you draw the line?

Consider this, if a person followed you around all day capturing your every move on camera. Then they would be classed as a stalker. However the only difference between that and the experience we all endure day in, day out is that we are stalked by more than one assailant.

It is suggested that if we have nothing to hide then why worry. Well my answer to that is, if we are doing nothing wrong then why on earth do we need to be monitored to such an extent. I believe this intrusion into our privacy is a breach of our human rights.

I think society as a whole is becoming too paranoid, and the media encourages this fear. What is the point of life if we can’t trust anybody? Yes we know there is bad out there. But lets not tar everyone with the same brush.
RedGlitter

Big Brother

Post by RedGlitter »

It is suggested that if we have nothing to hide then why worry. Well my answer to that is, if we are doing nothing wrong then why on earth do we need to be monitored to such an extent. I believe this intrusion into our privacy is a breach of our human rights.

Agreed. Completely. Another way to say that is "take my rights- I'm not using them!"
weinbeck

Big Brother

Post by weinbeck »

maccat;649421 wrote: From the moment you step out of your front door, big brother is watching you.

As your day begins you are caught in the glare of street cameras. Next as you make your way down onto the underground to catch a train into work, again you are captured in the lens of a camera. You get off the train and head into the newsagent to buy your daily newspaper and sure enough big brother is watching you once again. Then as you begin your day at work you are monitored right up until you clock off. Then it’s back to the eye of the street camera’s. This scenario continue’s right up until you put the key in the door and walk back into the privacy of home.

Surely this big brother behaviour well and truly over steps the mark. Where do you draw the line?

Consider this, if a person followed you around all day capturing your every move on camera. Then they would be classed as a stalker. However the only difference between that and the experience we all endure day in, day out is that we are stalked by more than one assailant.

I think society as a whole is becoming too paranoid, and the media encourages this fear. What is the point of life if we can’t trust anybody? Yes we know there is bad out there. But lets not tar everyone with the same brush.

It is a known fact that the average person working in either the West End of London, or in the City area is filmed or photographed an ancredible three hundred times PER DAY! And yet despite all this high-tech intrusion, supposedly for our benefit, assuming we are incapable of looking after ourselves, innocent people are sexually assaulted, accosted by winos, pestered by layabouts and if you do report an assault, what happens? You've got it in one - sweet F.A!

Well two can play at that game, and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it - If I drive through an area where high security cameras are in operation, I put on a mask. As long as it does not restrict your vision while driving, there is nothing they can do about it. If I'm travelling by tube, I will wear a cap and a scarf - perfectly legitimate items of clothing, or read a newspaper rather closely as I pass through stations. I too have had enough of it. An even better way to have fun withthe snoopers is to change masks or overcoats with you colleague at the end of the day, and walk past the cameras bold as brass as you make your way home. I suggest we all have a national "Up Yours!" day with the cameramen where as many people as possible agree to participate, then maybe, just maybe, this Big Brother, interfering Government of ours takes the hint. It is an official fact that there are more closed circuit cameras in operation in the City and West End areas of London than there is in the whole of New York. So what shall we say, first Monday in September? I'm serious about it. I've had enough. I'm p*ssed off with this Big Brother Government.:mad: :-5 GRRR!

Return to “Social Human Rights”