Civic duty

Civic duty

Post by 911 »

There was a bill in the Legislature I was looking up the other day since it pertains to people in my office. As I was going through the bills, I came across several that totally ticked me off!. Being a peon voter, I decided to speak to my representative about them. I checked the status of the bills and saw that they were "in committee" which means, chances are that they will never come out this session.

Still, I didn't want to take that chance. I called yesterday and was told my representative would be available about 1:00 today. I forgot to call at one so I called just a few minutes ago. He is "on the floor". I told the lady that I wanted to speak to someone about a couple of bills. She asked if she could take a message on how I wanted him to vote so I told her yes. She asked for my name and number and took my vote.

OK, by a show of hands, how many of you think he will get my message, think about it and vote my way? . . . . . Thought so. There is an email address for him so I'm thinking about following it up with an email. How many of you think this is a good idea? Yeah, I guess it couldn't hurt.

But, you know, it just isn't the same as speaking to someone face to face or over the telephone when it is something this important. And then there's that whole "I'm on a list" sort of thing that creeps me out. My email addy is a joke but if he knows anything about state codes, it might freak him out. My email addy translates to "mental person". Cute in my circle of friends but maybe not so cute for a State Legislature, huh? :wah:

What to do, what to do? Ah, oh well, I guess I could give it a shot. At least my email's not something like JohnWilkesBoothRocks.net or anything. :wah:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Bryn Mawr

Civic duty

Post by Bryn Mawr »

911;613533 wrote:

What to do, what to do? Ah, oh well, I guess I could give it a shot. At least my email's not something like JohnWilkesBoothRocks.net or anything. :wah:

Open a hotmail account just for the job?
RedGlitter

Civic duty

Post by RedGlitter »

JohnWilkesBoothRocks.com.... :wah: :wah:

That was funny.

I'd keep calling him. Is it toll-free? Keep hitting redial until they get so tired of you they actually transfer you.

Return to “Social Human Rights”