gypsys the last people that it is ok to hate

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

BTS;492447 wrote: Gypsy Scams......Are they Only in the USA?

gypsy: When I use the word "gypsy" in these pages, I am referring to the Mitchells or other similar gypsy criminals. Unfortunately, the Mitchells are the only gypsies I have ever met. They have been proven to be deceitful evil psychopaths in a court of law. If you think this page gives their people a bad name you are right. The only way to change that is for them to quit doing their crimes, but that does not seem likely to happen. Our criminal protection system lets them get away with it, at your expense. These criminal gypsies are leeches on society and must be exposed for who they are.

See, if you said mexicans were lazy because most were on welfare and didn't speak english and had too many kids, and put graffitti everywhere and robbed gas stations, and that they were leeches on society because of these things, people would be all over you like white on rice for being a bigot. Would it not make more sense and be more accurate to say that crime exists in the "gypsy" population as it does everywhere else? Rather than say "I only know gypsies who stole from my neighbor therefore gypsies are bad???"
BTS

Post by BTS »

RedGlitter;492470 wrote: See, if you said mexicans were lazy because most were on welfare and didn't speak english and had too many kids, and put graffitti everywhere and robbed gas stations, and that they were leeches on society because of these things, people would be all over you like white on rice for being a bigot. Would it not make more sense and be more accurate to say that crime exists in the "gypsy" population as it does everywhere else? Rather than say "I only know gypsies who stole from my neighbor therefore gypsies are bad???"

Weird but this SCAM is mostly carried out by Gypsy folk not any other ethnic background...... That is why I posted.

Do a google on sweetheart scam and see how many Hispanics appear.

Go figure.

And your description of Mexicans sounds like my evening news report.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BTS;492493 wrote: Weird but this SCAM is mostly carried out by Gypsy folk not any other ethnic background...... That is why I posted.

Do a google on sweetheart scam and see how many Hispanics appear.

Go figure.

And your description of Mexicans sounds like my evening news report.

Hence proving the OPs point.
BTS

Post by BTS »

Bryn Mawr;492515 wrote: Hence proving the OPs point.

So a racist is one that points out the news is full of crimes by hispanics (or any other ethic group?) in his town? Or that there is a pattern of crimes by a ethnic group?

Well yes maybe I would be racist, if it weren't so, but it is so..........so

Go figure.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

BTS;492523 wrote: So a racist is one that points out the news is full of crimes by hispanics (or any other ethic group?) in his town? Or that there is a pattern of crimes by a ethnic group?

Well yes maybe I would be racist, if it weren't so, but it is so..........so

Go figure.

What I'm trying to get at is that I personally would not say "Gypsies are thieves/scammers/crimeloving/etc" because of one segment of their population that runs a scam any more than I would say (as an example) "mexicans are welfare frauds who let the church dictate their parental control/are liquor store robbers/like to start fights/spray paint everything ETC" just because a certain segment of them do those things.

Like why are we making gypsies as a whole, wear a black eye for what a few have done or do?

What about the good stuff?
BTS

Post by BTS »

RedGlitter;492634 wrote: What I'm trying to get at is that I personally would not say "Gypsies are thieves/scammers/crimeloving/etc" because of one segment of their population that runs a scam any more than I would say (as an example) "mexicans are welfare frauds who let the church dictate their parental control/are liquor store robbers/like to start fights/spray paint everything ETC" just because a certain segment of them do those things.

Like why are we making gypsies as a whole, wear a black eye for what a few have done or do?

Fair point.......

Show us ALL their good stuff.........

I looked and failed.......... Shucks.. and I am a pretty suave searcher
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BTS;492637 wrote: What about the good stuff?

Fair point.......

Show us ALL their good stuff.........

I looked and failed.......... Shucks.. and I am a pretty suave searcher

Who posts the good stuff on the internet?
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

jesse b;493313 wrote: drug crime swindles fighting robbing stealing the gypsy community has all these probs the same as non gypsys the point is when a gypsy dose something wrong you notice him there are no headlines when we do things right

you notice the bad the good drifts on by

we have had british boxing champions

one of the biggest house builders in the country was of romany stock

there is now a gypsy who has joined the police

and a pro footballer

you dont see the good

I'll say it again it's your own people giving you a bad name - put your energy into solving that problem instead of moaning about how hard done by you are. :-5
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Sadly, this is true of many unpopular groups, isn't it?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
pantsonfire321@aol.com

jesse b;494892 wrote: not moaning but am not a racist

mass murders most are not gypsys(dont know of any)

adolf hitler not a gypsy

rapists most are not gypsys

robbers most are not gypsys

by your logic all non gypsys

are mass murders war mungers rapist and robbers

i know that this is not true but this is your logic

not all gypsy bad same as not all non gypsys are bad

we are all the same apart from your logic is twisted by hatred and the media

What a load of bull . Can you read . Gypsys are giving other gypsys a bad name - deal with it .

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

I'm having trouble understanding what you want from this thread. You titled it "gypsys the last people that it is ok to hate." Most people have said quite positively that they agree it's good to get rid of stereotypes. Some others have said the activities of a few tend to attract unpleasant associations in the public mind.

Nobody has said they HATE gypsies...at least, I haven't seen it.

So...what's the point? Where do you want to go now? Are you looking for people at whom you can be angry?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
pantsonfire321@aol.com

jesse b;494908 wrote: ya cant help it that you are narrow minded bigget

but it was your logic

if you choose to tar all of us with same brush

so can i

so were is the bull as you so politly put it

Your own people are giving you a bad name - stealing , ripping people off , thieving ,flytipping yet you want to blame everyone else. If you want to solve the problem stop the people from giving you that bad name . Its easy to call people racist,,, it sure beats solving the problem .

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

(Regarding Pant's' comment) That sounds a bit like "let's blame the victim" instead of "sorry I can't see past my own nose." Maybe the KKK should apply that too: Blacks! Stop whining and clean up your people so we won't have to malign them anymore!"

Not buying it.

Let's not turn this thread into an argument already. That's too easy. Let's actually have a conversation.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Which is what I was trying to do here, Glitter. Perhaps it's run its course...
pantsonfire321@aol.com

RedGlitter;494924 wrote: (Regarding Pant's' comment) That sounds a bit like "let's blame the victim" instead of "sorry I can't see past my own nose." Maybe the KKK should apply that too: Blacks! Stop whining and clean up your people so we won't have to malign them anymore!"

Not buying it.

Let's not turn this thread into an argument already. That's too easy. Let's actually have a conversation.

I'm simply saying that this is a problem that could be better solved within the gypsy community - it's like saying to a woman don't dress like a street walker because you won't be treated with respect . Most people don't know the difference between a Romany gypsy and an Irish gypsy . Sounds like to me like all this guy wants to do is call people racist (judging by the pm's ive just got ) he just wants to goad people into an argument . :-5

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

But Jesse, NOBODY has said that "all are bad." NOBODY.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

jesse b;494938 wrote: seems we are reading differant threads

Really so what are you reading . All i have said is that one part of you community is giving the other part a bad name -

BTS

Post by BTS »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;494935 wrote: I'm simply saying that this is a problem that could be better solved within the gypsy community - it's like saying to a woman don't dress like a street walker because you won't be treated with respect . Most people don't know the difference between a Romany gypsy and an Irish gypsy . Sounds like to me like all this guy wants to do is call people racist (judging by the pm's ive just got ) he just wants to goad people onto an argument . :-5

Your gettin em too eh?
pantsonfire321@aol.com

BTS;494940 wrote: Your gettin em too eh?

Bingo ;)

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;494935 wrote: I'm simply saying that this is a problem that could be better solved within the gypsy community Most people don't know the difference between a Romany gypsy and an Irish gypsy .

While there is a point to that first part, it is a fact that predjudice against gypsies is also a problem for the general non-Gypsy population to work on themselves. Everyone has an obligation to learn about what they don't know before they make judgement calls about something. Maybe Jesse is doing his part in his community by being a good man. That doesn't mean that bigotry doesn't still exist on the outside. That is the Outside's responsibility and saying "show me why I shouldn't typecast all of you because of what some do" is what this sounds like to me.

If someone doesn't know the differences among types of gypsies, could we not say that that is something for that person to look into themselves? That's not the fault of any gypsy tribe; that is an error on the outsider's part.

pantsonfire321@aol.com;494939 wrote: All i have said is that one part of you community is giving the other part a bad name -

I think again, here we could say it's bigots who paint all gypsies with the same color paint that are equally responsible for giving the bad name. You could just as easily say gypsies are good people with a few bad apples who spoil the reputation of many, rather than say gypsies are known for being (whatever bad thing) and leaning toward that stance.

When I said I'd like to hear the good stuff, I was being sincere. I can't believe nobody has positive things to share. I don't have any thing to share either way as sadly I have not known any gypsies of any kind personally so I'm all ears. :)

I wouldn't get too upset about the thread title. We all say things differently than we could have at times.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

jesse b;494945 wrote: all have said im P M is if ya act like a racist

talk like a racist

what ya think ya are

and while on subject of p m

i asked pants on fire to only chat about this in open room

but that would mean a resoned thread

if ya wana take part do it in pubic dont hide

racist coment in private

come on down ya won a prize free kkk book

Please feel free to tell us what i said to you in pm that was racist .

*** edited to add - one offensive pm forwarded to admin by me .

pantsonfire321@aol.com

jesse b;489566 wrote: most of the problems are not with the true romany gypsy but the irish gypsy who are a differant race all together do not share the same heritage

you did say it yourself .

abbey

Post by abbey »

Surely it's unfair to tar everybody with the same brush?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jesse b;495045 wrote: if admin wish to contact me feel free but sure they will look though all pm 1st

as i said in my 1st pm disscuss in thread then clear to all

the rules of this site state no racist remarks to blame all gypsys for the acts of a few is i beleive racist

to futher any thread a reasoned veiw is needed

some of the veiws placed on here have no reason but to encourge a racist veiw

I don't necessarily believe the majority of people in this thread whom are not afraid of voicing their opinions based on their own observations should be deemed racist...All I see are some basic observations based on personal experiences. It would only be racist, if those very same peoples were to be stripped of any opportunity in earning the respect of those lacking of acceptance...

It's quite simple really,..look at the population percentage in conjunction to those very same people being incarcerated and then compare them to that of other ethnic groups. It's then up to whomever to decide whether or not it is coincidence. I'm afraid simple truth has the upper hand in such instances, but for the truth to be said publicly shouldn't be looked down upon any more than resenting what happens to be the actual truth.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Please show me where anyone here has made such a broad comment.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Looks like the usual bs is about to start. I was hoping we could actually have a worthy discussion here but it's already becoming "you said-I said" and "prove to me where..."

:(
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Glitter...some of us have just been accused of making statements "tarring everyone with the same brush." It's simply not true. I'm not sure what more discussion you want to see here....go back and read what's been said.

Meanwhile, I'll not be labeled a racist just because someone else has an agenda. Essentially we've ALL said it's not right to blame the total for the actions of a few. Period.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

jesse b;495045 wrote:

the rules of this site state no racist remarks to blame all gypsys for the acts of a few is i beleive racist

First we would have to agree that an ethnic group, or a group with a common history and culture, constitutes a race. I don't agree.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Accountable;495288 wrote: First we would have to agree that an ethnic group, or a group with a common history and culture, constitutes a race. I don't agree.

I've heard you say that before Accountable but I don't remember ever coming across what you mean by that. History and culture, I agree, do not make a race of people. But how does ethnicity not make a race? Or maybe it's better to start at the beginning and ask you what do you consider a race? What words would you use instead when the issue comes up?

And I believe you may have me on your ignore list so if you don't answer me would someone be so kind as to point my question out to Accountable???
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Thank you, Snooze. :)
Secret_Santa_2006

Post by Secret_Santa_2006 »

Ho Ho Ho

I'm bringing gifts for all of you

Pinky - another week in Paris, France, with any FGer of your choice (applications should be sent care of GoodSanta)

Red Glitter - a week in Tuscany, Italy, with any FGer of your choice (applications as above)

SnoozeControl - airline tickets to Australia to frolic gaily in the surf with your aussie mates.

Accountable - a week in Hawaii

Happy Christmas!!!

Santa's Niceometer

Return to “Social Human Rights”