Homeless people - Do we need them?

Pexy

Post by Pexy »

Lets face it. Homeless people and drifters are sponges that society could do without. Its the perfect problem as well because its easy to round them up and "deal with them" as its not like they have family or loved ones. Just need a place to put the bodies.
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

Pexy;486220 wrote: Lets face it. Homeless people and drifters are sponges that society could do without. Its the perfect problem as well because its easy to round them up and "deal with them" as its not like they have family or loved ones. Just need a place to put the bodies.

And just what would you suggest be done with them?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Pexy

Post by Pexy »

I'll leave that up to the government hit squads to decide. Some sort of mass grave might be appropriate. If they were incinerated then they could be used to generate electricity for the rest of the populous.
UpThereWhereIBelong

Post by UpThereWhereIBelong »

Hmm, an interesting viewpoint you put across pexy. Of course the question is not do we need them, as you suggest that is a foregone conclusion. the question as to what to do with them should suggest its own answers.

In My Opinion the best thing to do would be to round them all up and put them in a compound where they could be used for testing purposes.

And then we could probable "expire" them when all experiments are done.

On suge experiment could be to see whether a long scraggly unkempt beard alters the trajectory of the tramp when fired at a certain angle with a certain amount of force behind it

Any other suggestions?

Well, I'm off to climb back up there where I belong.
davieB

Post by davieB »

Wouldn't it be better to put them to some use? We could use them for medical research experiments maybe?

It'd be cheap....just give them a bottle of Buckie as payment, and it'd have the added bonus of shutting up the 'gorilla loving' brigade.:driving:
UpThereWhereIBelong

davieB;486228 wrote: Wouldn't it be better to put them to some use? We could use them for medical research experiments maybe?

It'd be cheap....just give them a bottle of Buckie as payment, and it'd have the added bonus of shutting up the 'gorilla loving' brigade.:driving:

With you on that one. all the way
Pexy

Post by Pexy »

You should work for the government. Thats a really good idea. People keep on bleating on about animal rights but noone cares about hobo and tramp rights. We could get away with pumping them full of all sorts of chemicals. Any other suggestions on how we could cull the filth or use them for our gain?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Maybe we could set them all up with library cards and have them troll around on the Internet their whole life.
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Disgusting!
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
valerie

Post by valerie »

K.Snyder;486233 wrote: Maybe we could set them all up with library cards and have them troll around on the Internet their whole life.

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

So, let me get this straight...if any of YOU were to suddenly, and unfortunatly become in a situation where you were homeless..would YOU be willing to be "dealt with"? Would you be willing to be put away in a compound or have medical tests done on you?

Remember, these are your fellow human beings. You or a loved one could be in such a position. So unless your plans are something you would want done to yourself.......:thinking:
UpThereWhereIBelong

Marie5656;486237 wrote: So, let me get this straight...if any of YOU were to suddenly, and unfortunatly become in a situation where you were homeless..would YOU be willing to be "dealt with"? Would you be willing to be put away in a compound or have medical tests done on you?

Remember, these are your fellow human beings. You or a loved one could be in such a position. So unless your plans are something you would want done to yourself.......:thinking:

I won't allow myself to become homeless. I look after myself as number 1 and ensure that I want for nothing. It's no ones fault but there own. they should get jobs and stop being bums.
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Wow, talk about trolling. Strange that all of these idiots have joined FG at the same time. Maybe this thread should be called "insensitive losers and trolls, do we need them".
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Pexy;486220 wrote: Lets face it. Homeless people and drifters are sponges that society could do without. Its the perfect problem as well because its easy to round them up and "deal with them" as its not like they have family or loved ones. Just need a place to put the bodies.

Very offensive, are you sure your name is not Hitler?
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

chonsigirl;486245 wrote: Very offensive, are you sure your name is not Hitler?

Could be. I'm sure this thread is aimed directly at me.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
koan

Post by koan »

I think a more interesting question is:

"Homeless people - Do they need us?"
UpThereWhereIBelong

Saffron;486247 wrote: Could be. I'm sure this thread is aimed directly at me.

Why, are you homeless?
Pexy

Post by Pexy »

Nein
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Saffron;486247 wrote: Could be. I'm sure this thread is aimed directly at me.

I think that is horrid. You work hard all the time, at school and work.

:mad:
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

chonsigirl;486254 wrote: I think that is horrid. You work hard all the time, at school and work.

:mad:
Thank you, I appreciate that. Yes, I just finished a semester. And I do work too.

It's true that a lot of homeless people are in fact very lazy though.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

How should the government deal with the current troll problem? Mass graves is a great idea!

HBIC
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Pexy;486252 wrote: Nein

I think your name may be Sybil. You and your other personalities. :wah:
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
UpThereWhereIBelong

DesignerGal;486262 wrote: How should the government deal with the current troll problem? Mass graves is a great idea!

Troll compounds - fro experiments etc
spot

Post by spot »

Pexy;486220 wrote: Lets face it. Homeless people and drifters are sponges that society could do without.On the contrary, Homelessness is one of the reasons why the world is tolerable. Wealth, the acquiring of it and the use of it, is a deathly distraction from living.The term mendicant refers to begging or relying on charitable donations, and is most widely used for religious followers or ascetics who rely exclusively on charity to survive.

In principle, mendicant orders or followers do not own property, either individually or collectively, and have taken a vow of poverty, in order that all their time and energy could be expended on preaching their religion or way of life and serving the poor.

Many religious orders adhere to a mendicant way of life, including the Catholic mendicant orders, Hindu ascetics, some dervishes of Sufi Islam, and monastic schools of Buddhism.UpThereWhereIBelong's "I look after myself as number 1 and ensure that I want for nothing" is the antithesis of this approach to existence.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
troll112

Post by troll112 »

I think we should play THE RUNNING MAN with the homeless...maybe the gays too
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

troll112;486393 wrote: I think we should play THE RUNNING MAN with the homeless...maybe the gays too

How about all the troll112's too? And while we are at it, all your little friends? Hmmmm???:rolleyes:

HBIC
guppy

Post by guppy »

Diuretic;486511 wrote: Having been homeless for a short period as a child I felt it helped my character to be thrown on the heap for a while. I was determined not to let it happen again. So perhaps everyone should be homeless for a while as part of their character-building.

I suppose the fact that I remember it starkly as if it happened yesterday is a bad thing. But damnit it was still character building!

Everyone should be homeless for a while - but trolls should be homeless for ever.

short of being homeless. i moved in with my grandmother at fourteen. noyone ever took care of me aqain. i worked for my stay there and my clothes and anything else i wanted......i became an instant grownup........and learned the value of working for what you get out of life........:-3
koan

Post by koan »

I had a friend who was homeless when I was 16.

I spent a couple of nights at "her place". It was fun.

but we were young and carefree.
koan

Post by koan »

I love You Are Here maps!!!!!
koan

Post by koan »

gotta have an arrow :(
koan

Post by koan »

the you are here bear:

Attached files
koan

Post by koan »

My, Novelty,

what a big arrow you have
koan

Post by koan »

Diuretic;486626 wrote: Arrows made this nation.......alright they were painted on convict clothing but let's not forget that arrows made this nation!

:confused:

that's weird.

they played find the convict games?
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

In October 2004 I had a heart attack. Screwed up things pretty good. I fell behind on my bills and quickly into debt.

April 2005 my heart decided once was not enough. That one really layed me out. I lost my job, my car was reposessed and I eventually got thrown out of my apartment.

I was homeless.

I did get another job. Low paying but it was a start. I opened a bank account and deposited my checks. It doesn't cost much to sleep on the streets. I shaved every morning at the mall restrooms and washed my hair with a garden hose they left out behind the local auto repair.

My dumbass ex-wife called me at work and asked when I was going to see my son. It's been three months. I told her he could hang out at the park with me all day as I'm on a first name basis with all the squirrels.

I eventually saved enough money to move to a place where there was a job in my field and that's where I am today.

But I still pay mondo child support. My credit is F'd for life. I eat what I can, when I can.

And if I lose this job it's back to the streets.

Pexy? Bring it on. But make sure you have the balls to lead the pack.

Because when I see you coming for me, I've got seven inches of steel I'd like you to meet.
Red

Post by Red »

JacksDad;486672 wrote: In October 2004 I had a heart attack. Screwed up things pretty good. I fell behind on my bills and quickly into debt.

April 2005 my heart decided once was not enough. That one really layed me out. I lost my job, my car was reposessed and I eventually got thrown out of my apartment.

I was homeless.

I did get another job. Low paying but it was a start. I opened a bank account and deposited my checks. It doesn't cost much to sleep on the streets. I shaved every morning at the mall restrooms and washed my hair with a garden hose they left out behind the local auto repair.

My dumbass ex-wife called me at work and asked when I was going to see my son. It's been three months. I told her he could hang out at the park with me all day as I'm on a first name basis with all the squirrels.

I eventually saved enough money to move to a place where there was a job in my field and that's where I am today.

But I still pay mondo child support. My credit is F'd for life. I eat what I can, when I can.

And if I lose this job it's back to the streets.

Pexy? Bring it on. But make sure you have the balls to lead the pack.

Because when I see you coming for me, I've got seven inches of steel I'd like you to meet.

well said and... :yh_hugs
koan

Post by koan »

That's a phenomenal story.

You saved money and kept a job.

You're a very determined man.

:-6

Return to “Social Human Rights”