British Amber Alert

Discussion group for bereaved parents.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their children, grandchildren or siblings.
pina

British Amber Alert

Post by pina »

I have just read the Oregan Amber Alert, it is a wonderful thread and wondered if it would be possible to do the same thing in Britain. I´m not sure how much good it does but it has got to help in some way. I also don´t know how it would work or if if it is possible to do... does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

lady cop

British Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

we have an entire forum devoted to Amber Alerts...for some strange reason it keeps showing as "bereaved parents". just a software glitch i am sure. but i started doing the Amber Alerts here because i feel that you never know who might see those photos or see a missing or wanted person somewhere. there are many many people who read here. it would be great if you posted UK missing children, because we have so many UK members. and visitors . all you need to do is go to home page, see the list of topics and go to the crimes and missing persons forums, then post your alert! Amber Alerts per se are American, but posting pics of missing people is helpful anywhere. :)
pina

British Amber Alert

Post by pina »

I also thought it would be a good idea LC, especially for missing children.....Where are the photo´s from? are they just taken from the media or the internet. I thought maybe they were direct from the police.....if not maybe you could give advice to help set it up....That would be great.

lady cop

British Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

there are several possibilities, including online news outlets, just as you said. does UK have something similar to amber alerts? would it be online? i also get emails of all alerts from FDLE, florida dept. of law enforcement. if you find a missing child in your news all you have to do is copy and paste it in a thread. here is an American source--CodeAmber.org - The Web's Amber Alert System ........
pina

British Amber Alert

Post by pina »

Not sure about a British Amber Alert but I will check it out, it would be good if we could get a thread started, I´m sure all the Brits here would agree. Thanks LC

Betty Boop

British Amber Alert

Post by Betty Boop »

pina wrote: Not sure about a British Amber Alert but I will check it out, it would be good if we could get a thread started, I´m sure all the Brits here would agree. Thanks LC

I aggree with you Pina!!

Don't know where you'll find the info though! Have you done any searches on the net?
pina

British Amber Alert

Post by pina »

Betty Boop wrote: I aggree with you Pina!!

Don't know where you'll find the info though! Have you done any searches on the net?

Not yet Betty but I will have a look tonight, I think its a brilliant idea even though I don´t live in England now there are quite a few members that do and of course there are always lots of guests looking in.

abbey

British Amber Alert

Post by abbey »

Unfortunately Pina, we dont have an Amber Alert here in the UK,

but there is a missing kids site.

http://missingkids.co.uk/

pina

British Amber Alert

Post by pina »

I found that one Abbey, but It doesn´t give any information with the photo´s, only the date they went missing.....I will look at a few other sites.

pina

British Amber Alert

Post by pina »

pina

British Amber Alert

Post by pina »

Great it worked......

LC will we post them on missing children or will we need a separate thread

lady cop

British Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

you can certainly request a new forum for UK missing...but if you didn't want to do that, the right forum would be "missing children" (can be found on home page). then do a thread for the person you want to feature. (when you're saying thread i think you mean forum right?) really good idea to do this Pina, we have so many UK people here who will see it. :) .........Crimes & Justice

Crimes & Trials

Missing Adults

Missing Children

Amber Alerts

Bereaved Parents ..............
pina

British Amber Alert

Post by pina »

While looking at some of the sites I was shocked to see so many missing kids, and I think it could be good, like you say there are quite a few Brits on here and as I mentioned on an earlier post that we get a lot of guests looking in, so you never know even if it helps find one child it is worth it. I think we just need to post on the missing children.

A big thank you for helping to get this going LC your wonderful.

lady cop

British Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

i didn't do anything, you did! :-6

Return to “Bereaved Parents”