Can people who have been bereaved please give me some honest feedback..

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
meeting123

Post by meeting123 »

Hi there, my name is Linda and I lost my son Ryan to cot death 15 years ago. There's not a day goes by that I don't think about him. This year, I created 16 Angel Cards in Ryan's memory. The cards were designed to offer words of comfort, love & peace to those who need them. It was my intention that the words would sail through the world and land where they were needed most. I relayed Ryan's story & the fact that he's my inspiration on the back of the cards.

While the cards are on sale in retail outlets throughout the country, such as Hallmark Stores, Card Galleries and Veritas & there has been an overall good reaction to them, I have come across one or two retailers who have found my story at the back somewhat offensive. While I wrote these cards so the words would help everyone, I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps bereaved people (such as myself) understand or relate to them better?

I'd really value some genuine feedback on what you think. You can see the cards at my website lindaminto (dot com) . When you go onto the products page, it will allow you to read each of the cards. The very last card will relay my message at the back.

My thoughts and prayers are with anyone out there who is in the throes of grief, it's an awful lonely place to be as I remember only too well.

I hope this was okay to post and does not offend anyone.

Best wishes,

Linda
spot

Post by spot »

I suggest you see a doctor, not that I or anyone else here is qualified to say so. You seem to be describing an illness. The alternative is that you have commercial objectives in which case you're merely battening on the grief of others. Either way this was a distasteful thread even before I posted in it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
meeting123

Post by meeting123 »

I am SO sorry you felt that way. My objective was to establish whether the message on the back of the cards, which relays my own grief, was, in fact, too much for some people or whether it actually helped people or touched them. I'm finding it hard to establish whether the cards are for everyone or just for people who have suffered bereavement. The words on the cards are absolutely to help people. Thank you for taking the time to submit a reply. Sincerely, Linda.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I think the cards and poems are very sweet. They don't appeal to me since they're a bit more "religious" than I feel comfortable with but I would imagine they'd be comforting to some people. Good luck with your endeavor.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Meeting

It looks as you are still greiving - and there's no time limit on greiving.

For a commercial outlet - I would not gravitate to a card relating to greiving or religious.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I know it's very tough to work through.

Try up lifting cards - I'm sure your son would want you to be happy & enjoying life, you need to express humor and in time I'm sure you will.

I wish you well

Patsy

Return to “Bereaved People”