No Such Thing as Coincidence

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I stopped believing in coincidence a long time ago. I don't believe in a lot of randomness too much, but rather in that theory of all the universe being a spiderweb. When you pull a thread, it affects all the web.

I was writing an email to my friend tonight, sitting here with my earphones on as they usually are, and I was telling her that I have gotten to the point now where I can think of my mom with happiness instead of crying. I told my friend how the feeling of Mom being around me is so vivid sometimes and that I miss her so much, but yet I never feel she's too far away from me.

Just as I wrote that to my friend, "Atlantic City" came on. Bruce Springsteen. And he was singing the part that goes "Everything dies honey, that's a fact; but maybe everything that dies someday comes back..."

Now. Tell me that didn't happen on purpose. :yh_wink

Life is getting better.

I've stepped back into it thanks in large part to a certain Someone (they know who they are) and I am deeply, deeply grateful for it.
Mia

Post by Mia »

I honestly can't say hun.The one thing is I bet it made you feel better.

Sending you hugs

xx
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

That it did, Mia.

Thank you for the hugs! :)
maccat

Post by maccat »

When a person dies its only the body that ends its life. The spirit lives on eternally. When a loved one passes away you will experience many so called coincidences. What infact i believe they are is that loved one comunicating with you, letting you know they are still with you. I have had too many events occur to be coincidences since the death of my brother and father. A spirit can't die.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

RedGlitter;656252 wrote: I stopped believing in coincidence a long time ago. I don't believe in a lot of randomness too much, but rather in that theory of all the universe being a spiderweb. When you pull a thread, it affects all the web.

I was writing an email to my friend tonight, sitting here with my earphones on as they usually are, and I was telling her that I have gotten to the point now where I can think of my mom with happiness instead of crying. I told my friend how the feeling of Mom being around me is so vivid sometimes and that I miss her so much, but yet I never feel she's too far away from me.

Just as I wrote that to my friend, "Atlantic City" came on. Bruce Springsteen. And he was singing the part that goes "Everything dies honey, that's a fact; but maybe everything that dies someday comes back..."

Life is getting better.

I've stepped back into it thanks in large part to a certain Someone (they know who they are) and I am deeply, deeply grateful for it.

I'm so glad that things are getting a little easier for you hun xx:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Thank you PinkChick. :-6

Maccat, I wholly agree with you. I've always believed that just like the I believe the fact that I can breathe. I have had a few experiences myself I could tell you about sometime. I would like very much to hear about yours if you were of a mind to share that with me. If it's too personal, I understand though, of course. You have my email.:-6
maccat

Post by maccat »

Red Glitter, I'll get back to you.:-6
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

maccat;656304 wrote: Red Glitter, I'll get back to you.:-6

Good deal, Maccat.

I look forward. :-6
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

maccat;656289 wrote: When a person dies its only the body that ends its life. The spirit lives on eternally. When a loved one passes away you will experience many so called coincidences. What infact i believe they are is that loved one comunicating with you, letting you know they are still with you. I have had too many events occur to be coincidences since the death of my brother and father. A spirit can't die.

my feelings exactly , when my loved ones parted i had many visits from them honest :-6 :-6
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

jimbo;656439 wrote: my feelings exactly , when my loved ones parted i had many visits from them honest :-6 :-6

:)....
Madcow

Post by Madcow »

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I believe your attitude is very healthy and I agree whole heartedly with your belief that there is no such thing as a coincidence.

I think the metephor that the universe is like a spiderweb is quite a good one.

I could talk about it till the cows come home but I think I'd just be preaching to the choir. Take care chicka.
SlipStream

Post by SlipStream »

RedGlitter;656252 wrote: I stopped believing in coincidence a long time ago. I don't believe in a lot of randomness too much, but rather in that theory of all the universe being a spiderweb. When you pull a thread, it affects all the web.

Life is getting better.

wow RG...mind bending words.
neffy

Post by neffy »

red when my dad died,i was searching for him,hoping that maybe he come to me and tell me all is ok:-1

About a mth after his death,shelley told me that she heard a knock on her bed room window (she was not sure if it was a dream)she pulled back the curtains and she saw my dad there,she asked him to wait and she would get me...........but he said no he didnot want to see me,but just wanted to show his self.I cant and i never will understand why did he not come to me but to shelley? I just think he knew i was not strong enough:thinking:

I have always believed that things no matter how small or big always happen for a reason.xx
The rottie queen
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

That could be, Neffy. About not being strong enough, I mean. I asked my mom before she died not to show herself to me because I thought I'd have a heart attack. She said okay and that if it were at all possible, she would let me know she was okay.

The night she crossed over, I was on the couch with my best friend and the computer monitor clicked off. Then came on again. It did it again. About four times. My friend said "do you see what's happening?" I said I did and I said "Hi Mom. I know it's you."

Two days later in the morning of her funeral, it happened again. I asked her to not do it again because it scared me. It stopped until after I asked her to do it again. Once I fell asleep sitting up on the couch and I was aware of a bright light being on. I woke up and the monitor was on. It had been off when I fell asleep. I felt a rush of peacefulness and I said "hi Mom" and went back to sleep.

Spirits use electric things to communicate with us. TV, radio, computer. The phone. Maybe it has something to do with their vibrational frequency which is far higher than ours is.

Your dad might have sensed that Shelley would be able to handle seeing him, maybe you would have been afraid or traumatized by it. Who knows. I think we'll all get our answers when our time comes though.

Neffy, check into George Anderson's books and those of Ruth Montgomery. There's a lot of worthy material in there.

I almost hate to put this stuff here anymore. After comments have been made, I don't want anybody feeling sorry for me or anything like that. I hate putting my private business here anymore because I'm not completely among friends, I've found out. But I'll push send anyway.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

RedGlitter;670884 wrote: That could be, Neffy. About not being strong enough, I mean. I asked my mom before she died not to show herself to me because I thought I'd have a heart attack. She said okay and that if it were at all possible, she would let me know she was okay.

The night she crossed over, I was on the couch with my best friend and the computer monitor clicked off. Then came on again. It did it again. About four times. My friend said "do you see what's happening?" I said I did and I said "Hi Mom. I know it's you."

Two days later in the morning of her funeral, it happened again. I asked her to not do it again because it scared me. It stopped until after I asked her to do it again. Once I fell asleep sitting up on the couch and I was aware of a bright light being on. I woke up and the monitor was on. It had been off when I fell asleep. I felt a rush of peacefulness and I said "hi Mom" and went back to sleep.

Spirits use electric things to communicate with us. TV, radio, computer. The phone. Maybe it has something to do with their vibrational frequency which is far higher than ours is.

Your dad might have sensed that Shelley would be able to handle seeing him, maybe you would have been afraid or traumatized by it. Who knows. I think we'll all get our answers when our time comes though.

Neffy, check into George Anderson's books and those of Ruth Montgomery. There's a lot of worthy material in there.

I almost hate to put this stuff here anymore. After comments have been made, I don't want anybody feeling sorry for me or anything like that. I hate putting my private business here anymore because I'm not completely among friends, I've found out. But I'll push send anyway.

I hope that you continue to hit the send button Red, you have many friends here that would be very upset not to read you. I learn many things from your posts both factual and emotionally :-4
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Yesterday, two people told me there was no such thing as coincidence. I thought that was a coincidence.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Uncle Kram;670944 wrote: Yesterday, two people told me there was no such thing as coincidence. I thought that was a coincidence.

I think you'd be right, Uncle Kram. :) Maybe that was a message.

Return to “Bereaved People”