Looking for Signs

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
RedGlitter

Looking for Signs

Post by RedGlitter »

Something nice happened today.

A lot of you know I believe in signs and stuff and I think I got one today.

My mom's thing was butterflies. She loved them. My thing is pigs. Mom promised me if she were able to at all, that she would send me signs to let me know she was okay and that life after existed.

I have received several that can't be denied or explained away too easily.

And a few days after her death, I was with my friend in the store and we passed a claw machine. That's one of those machines where you maneuver the claw to pick up a stuffed animal. My mom was great at those things and won tons of animals. I commented to my friend, "Oh there's a claw machine. Mom loved those." She said "Yeah...and there's a pig too. With a butterfly on it."

I don't know why but I didn't turn to look. I was sure that it was a sign from my mom though.

So today I was waiting for a cab and was standing by another claw machine. I looked at it and there was a pink pig in the back...and not too far away was a pillow...with a butterfly on it. I smiled and said "Thanks Mama, I love you too." :-4

I know about coincidence, I just don't believe in it. For this or any other thing. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think it's bogus and that's cool. But for me it was just a nod from my mom. And God. And it made me happy.

Do you ever get signs?? :)
Carl44

Looking for Signs

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;635493 wrote: Something nice happened today.

A lot of you know I believe in signs and stuff and I think I got one today.

My mom's thing was butterflies. She loved them. My thing is pigs. Mom promised me if she were able to at all, that she would send me signs to let me know she was okay and that life after existed.

I have received several that can't be denied or explained away too easily.

And a few days after her death, I was with my friend in the store and we passed a claw machine. That's one of those machines where you maneuver the claw to pick up a stuffed animal. My mom was great at those things and won tons of animals. I commented to my friend, "Oh there's a claw machine. Mom loved those." She said "Yeah...and there's a pig too. With a butterfly on it."

I don't know why but I didn't turn to look. I was sure that it was a sign from my mom though.

So today I was waiting for a cab and was standing by another claw machine. I looked at it and there was a pink pig in the back...and not too far away was a pillow...with a butterfly on it. I smiled and said "Thanks Mama, I love you too."

I know about coincidence, I just don't believe in it. For this or any other thing. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think it's bogus and that's cool. But for me it was just a nod from my mom. And God. And it made me happy.

Do you ever get signs??

almostfamous;635499 wrote: That was a neat story

I had somewhat of a similar experience I guess. My mamal died when I was 17. She had gone in for a minor surgery on her leg, gone home, contracted staff infection, was put Back in the hospital, from there she degressed. She slipped into a coma shortly after reentry to the hospital (filthy p.o.s.), Baptist East. I was living in Milan at the time and was staying with the youth pastors of my church while my parents were there. I couldn't miss that much school; I should have just failed. When it came time to make "the decision" my parents told me to come. I was irate at the thought of it. Three weeks ago she had been fine. I was too young and immature to fully encompass the situation. All I knew is I wasn't having any part in it.

I seriously dealt with this for years. The feelings of guilt and disappointment for not going to say bye. I've been in my papal's house twice since mamal died. I guess I'm still dealing with it? Well, the 1st time I went there was after her funeral; the first time I ever saw my father cry. The 2nd time was for Christmas, I think. That was the last year we had it there though. It just hasn't been the same without her; she was the glue. Sorry, the sign, I had to go to Wal-Mart in Ripley for something, don't remember, but it was the Wal-Mart mamal used to take me to EVERY Saturday and Sunday if she could help it. She loved flowers and had the most beautiful ones I've seen, to date. When I went in that Christmas in 96, as soon as I walked in the door, I swear, to this day that I Saw Her. 4 foot, 9 inches of her and all, browsing through the greeting cards. I knew it wasn't her and like you I didn't look back. I couldn't cuz I knew she was gone and I didn't want to know it was someone else, or nothing at all.

Gah, this turned into a tear jerker, happy memories though. :-4

I felt peace that day though. A peace that I don't know could ever be replicated.

Thanks for this thread :-6

as you guys know i'm not a paid up member of the god squad ,it just dont add up for jimbo ,i'm to logical , but stange things happen that have no logical explanation it dont make sense but it happens ... loads of times to me and by the sounds of it it happens to you guys too :-6 :-6
RedGlitter

Looking for Signs

Post by RedGlitter »

AF, :-4 what a really nice and comforting thing to have happened to you. Thank you for sharing it with us. And I know just what you mean about "the glue." Exactly.

:yh_hugs
RedGlitter

Looking for Signs

Post by RedGlitter »

jimbo;635511 wrote: as you guys know i'm not a paid up member of the god squad ,it just dont add up for jimbo ,i'm to logical , but stange things happen that have no logical explanation it dont make sense but it happens ... loads of times to me and by the sounds of it it happens to you guys too :-6 :-6

Yep...it's those strange things that I cling to a lot of the time.

I'd love to hear about some of yours sometime, Jimbo, if it's not too personal of me to ask.

:)
RedGlitter

Looking for Signs

Post by RedGlitter »

almostfamous;635520 wrote: Yeah, those really are surreal times :-4 I have a few friends that are "with me" in a lot of ways. There's just things in my daily routine, or sayings that I hear, or cars that I see, that remind of them. From hugs to fights, the memories are priceless and a blessing for having known them.

I can appreciate this, AF. A lot.

I find myself doing things in honor of people I've lost; sometimes on purpose, usually not though. Just little insignificant things. Like I always do crosswords in pen and I fold my magazines in half because my grandmother did. Silly things like that. My people are in the words I use, songs I sing, the way I cook, the way I walk.

I hear things and see things that sometimes feel like I'm being smacked upside the head with familiarity.

Weird.
SuzyB

Looking for Signs

Post by SuzyB »

I think we create a bond with some people that are unbreakable even with death, I totally believe in contact from beyond the grave, wether it be through, sight, sounds or even sometimes smell.

It is something that I have never feared but welcomed with open arms and have been 'touched' in many ways from family which are no longer with me. :-4 :-4

AF & Red I'm am glad that you have been 'touched' by the ones you love :-4 :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

RedGlitter

Looking for Signs

Post by RedGlitter »

Thanks Suzy :-6

I agree with you about bonding. I firmly believe that love always transcends death.
kazalala

Looking for Signs

Post by kazalala »

I get tulips from my son:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
minks

Looking for Signs

Post by minks »

I only received on once after my GF passed away, it was quite literally a touch on my cheek at the exact time I was wondering if she was looking over her family and friends. Nothing since
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Bereaved People”