remeber those who have left us

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
neffy

Post by neffy »

i thought it would be nice to start this............ all of us on here have lost someone very dear to us.

I would like to remeber my dad and mum,i miss them very much.Iknow dad was dying but my mum went very sudden which left me and my sister very shocked.

i still love and miss my mum and dad.xxxxxxx
The rottie queen
neffy

Post by neffy »

sorry pinky about your cousin xxx
The rottie queen
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

My Mum who can only be described as a shinning star in my life. I would like to remember my Dad for his good qualities and banish the bad memorys he has left me with.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

neffy;622406 wrote: i thought it would be nice to start this............ all of us on here have lost someone very dear to us.

I would like to remeber my dad and mum,i miss them very much.Iknow dad was dying but my mum went very sudden which left me and my sister very shocked.

i still love and miss my mum and dad.xxxxxxx

:-4 They hear you :-4
Mia

Post by Mia »

I know how you feel Neffy.My mum died suddenly on my Birthday aged just sixty.Dad died six years ago.They live on in my heart.

Mia
guppy

Post by guppy »

my uncle linton...he died of a heart attack when he was forty two years old...he was my moms youngest brother..he always said he thought of me as a sister instead of a niece...he was a bad alchoholic..in between drinking he was a good man..its a shame that the alchohol ruled his life like it did...and ultimately is what caused his heart attack....
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

natasha my daughter, my brothers martin and casey,my mum a bit but not much really,my cousin sammy boy the gum ,my uncle fred my grandad my granny several good friends:-3 :-3 ..... so far ....
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Oh my mother........I have so many unanswered questions......and so many lost years......be easier if you read something I wrote.....................................She walked this earth alone for...most of her long years........She never found true happness.......Just hurt, regrets and tears.......People didnt understand her they said she was quite mad......nobody ever saw the hurt and pain and the fact she was so sad...........But she wasnt always like that as in the beginning she could smile but she never found that lasting love........Just folk that stayed awhile...........Then one day she met him he was everything she had dreamed.......There was lots of love and affection........That was everlasting.......or so it seemed...........But fate can have a twisting way and one day he was gone..........He left her with a broken heart and no will to carry on..............Family turned against her because she bought them shame.........That man had left her pregnant........now things would never be the same.............She could not keep her baby others did decide........So she had her fostered out and everyday she cried............Some years went by before at last she could bring that little girl home ..........But she couldnt show her love as too much unhappiness she had known..........The years went by so quickly and she never loved again the loneliness took over and the bitterness set in........She thought of all those wasted years and all that she had lost......She had only made one mistake but forever had paid the cost.....When time came for her to pass over hardly anyone shed a tear as did it realy matter that she was no longer here....But now at last she can smile again as the love is hers to keep.....she will never be alone again or even have to weep.....God Bless that Dear Old Lady........and Yes i miss her so,,,,,,,,,,Because I was That Daughter............... A person she didnt know................... ....GOD BLESS YOU MUM XX
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
neffy

Post by neffy »

thank you for sharing this with us xxxx
The rottie queen
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

neffy;622790 wrote: thank you for sharing this with us xxxx
Its a shame we cant understand things when we are young but I guess its all part of growing up and learning about life. Im sure shes looking down on me now an sayin........I love you Carol and can you forgive me for treating you like I did at times......and you know what??? Id go through it all again just to have her back. Love you Mum xx
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

I will always remember my cousin Andrew, he died aged 23 when I was 11. He was diagnosed with cancer aged 15, I always remember Andrew with no hair and a great big smile, he used to spend a lot of time at our house, as we lived in the next street, and my auntie worked. He was always so positive and had all the time in the world for me. When we lost Andrew it was awful, I was to scared to go to the funeral as everyone was devastated and kept crying, I was unable to handle what was going on. I have always felt guilty that I never went to his funeral, but I always go the cemetery on his birthday and at Christmas, my children also go with me, on his birthday we take a cake and light a candle and sing happy birthday. I feel very lucky to be able to tell me children what a special brave person Andrew was. :-4 :-4
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

neffy

Post by neffy »

run free now
The rottie queen
neffy

Post by neffy »

for you mum and your cousin suzy
The rottie queen
neffy

Post by neffy »

for your mum and your cousin suzy
The rottie queen
neffy

Post by neffy »

sorry about the repeat i have posted think i amde a little error there:lips:
The rottie queen
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

My son Michael, 4 hours old. My niece Mary 16 months old. Both my nana's and my grandad. My freind Keith (aka pinky)who died suddenly at 42 years old. My aunt Chris who was only a couple of years older than me, a brighter smile u never saw.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
neffy

Post by neffy »

just sharing this has made me stronger,maybe admin could make it a new subject
The rottie queen
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

neffy;622825 wrote: just sharing this has made me stronger,maybe admin could make it a new subject

good idea ,i think it really helps to talk about your missing loved ones ,we can all feel each others pain here ,and the normally taboo subject of death ,can i find be talked over with other friends who understand you great loss or losses as they have lost loved ones too :-6 :-6
minks

Post by minks »

My ex-father inlaw, lost to cancer.... I miss him dearly he was a silly wacked out old man that always made us laugh, he beat cancer once for 9 years but succumbed in the last year.

My grandparents on my mothers side of the family, both lost to cancer within 8 months of each other. I have the fondest childhood memories of going out to their place on Vancouver Island and going fishing with my grandpa, and the great meals my grandma made and the chirstmas's we would fly over there for as kids...... sign

My best friend lost her life in surgery, she lived a dam hard life and just as things were going their best for her she was snatched away from us all. She battled abuse as a child, she battled a horrible blood disorder all her life, she married and abuser had a daughter after a near fatal labor. He called her up one day after they divorced, begging her to come over but she refused and he shot his self. She went on to marry an awesome man who treated her like a princess and adopted her daughter they then adopted a son with fetal alcohol syndrom. They made the best parents around, she finally had the life she wanted. One day she had an aneurysm they went in to work on it, nicked a major artery and she bled to death.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
koan

Post by koan »

neffy;622825 wrote: just sharing this has made me stronger,maybe admin could make it a new subject

jimbo;622840 wrote: good idea ,i think it really helps to talk about your missing loved ones ,we can all feel each others pain here ,and the normally taboo subject of death ,can i find be talked over with other friends who understand you great loss or losses as they have lost loved ones too :-6 :-6

There is a forum for it.

"Bereaved People"
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

koan;623662 wrote: There is a forum for it.

"Bereaved People"

er ok ,but i thought remembering the people like this would make it a much happier thread ,if it isin with the people that have newly departed loved ones it might upset them :o :o
koan

Post by koan »

jimbo;623679 wrote: er ok ,but i thought remembering the people like this would make it a much happier thread ,if it isin with the people that have newly departed loved ones it might upset them :o :o

I think it offers a positive look at the recovery process as well. There are so many different phases, yes?

"Moving on" doesn't mean forgetting.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

koan;623697 wrote: I think it offers a positive look at the recovery process as well. There are so many different phases, yes?

"Moving on" doesn't mean forgetting.

good point :D

maybe the people that have lost their loved ones could see how others who have also lost loved ones ,while still grieving can also move on a little :-6

Return to “Bereaved People”