falling down

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
abbey

falling down

Post by abbey »

jesse b;539559 wrote: just going to share a bit of me with you all

when i sleep i feel that im falling down in to never ending darkness

a bottom less pit

i wake hearing screams and my name being called

what ya think this meansHon, you've been through a really tough couple of years, i'm not surprised you wake up to screams!

Time's a great healer. :-4
weinbeck

falling down

Post by weinbeck »

a bottom less pit

what ya think this means

It denotes a deep-rooted sense of insecurity and fear of the future. It is a common phenomenon, and is often allied to a traumatic childhood. That is not to say you had an unhappy childhood, but it could suggest your childhood lacked the security of your friends. Were you, like me always on the move during the earlier part of your childhood? Was your father in military service? On their own, these things don't denote much, but they can, in fact, lie dormant for many years, and affect a person's status quo in later life. The bottomless pit clearly indicates emotional insecurity, where one grabs out to try to hold on to anything or anyone who gives them the deep-rooted love they sub-consciously cry out for. Often you'll find that one particular member is clingy to her friends or over-demonstrative in the love they give their loved ones. It is sometimes the fact that they fear allowing history to repeat itself, especially if there was a breakdown between parents at a tender age.

Waking up hearing screams and your name being called? Don't worry, Old Harry's not waiting for you with a trident! That is guilt - guilt that you have got away with something deep, deep in your hidden past - maybe you pinched a Mars bar from the sweet counter!

How to counter these dreams? Sleep with an extra pillow under your head - what is happening is slightly too much blood is flowing around your head, and it is creating a feeling of unsteadiness, rather like the famous painting by the same artist who did The Scream, where he is perched on the top of a shakey ladder.

I hope I have helped - psychiatry was a subject I was interested in, but I found I had more tan enough problems sorting out my own problem!
koan

falling down

Post by koan »

I think you should try primal scream therapy.

Let your own voice be heard. There is a lot of pain that needs to get out, jesse.

If you could lucid dream I'd tell you to scream back.

There is a parable about a man put in a well with an opening in the top and told it is possible to escape. He spends all his time trying to pile the lose rubble and stone around him to build a mountain high enough to escape. If he had felt around the walls in the dark he would have found a doorway leading out.
weinbeck

falling down

Post by weinbeck »

abbey;539572 wrote: Hon, you've been through a really tough couple of years, i'm not surprised you wake up to screams!

Time's a great healer. :-4

Now I don't know what Jessie's problems have been over the past couple of years, so if I'm way off-key, I hope you don't think what a jerk! I often read the problems page of women's magazines, and if I disagree strongly enough about the advice given, I will actually write in, and argue my point. I could never be a full-time Agony Uncle though - too depressing!
SuzyB

falling down

Post by SuzyB »

weinbeck;539624 wrote: Now I don't know what Jessie's problems have been over the past couple of years, so if I'm way off-key, I hope you don't think what a jerk! I often read the problems page of women's magazines, and if I disagree strongly enough about the advice given, I will actually write in, and argue my point. I could never be a full-time Agony Uncle though - too depressing!

You go weinbeck :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

abbey

falling down

Post by abbey »

weinbeck;539624 wrote: Now I don't know what Jessie's problems have been over the past couple of years, so if I'm way off-key, I hope you don't think what a jerk! I often read the problems page of women's magazines, and if I disagree strongly enough about the advice given, I will actually write in, and argue my point. I could never be a full-time Agony Uncle though - too depressing!I don't profess to be an agony aunt!

I lost my brother to cancer 7 years ago and went through a really stressfull time, i could'nt accept his death or the awful things i'd witnessed.

But time did heal, of course i miss him still, but the dreams lessened.

I'm not quoting from a womans mag, i'm speaking from experience.
Marie5656

falling down

Post by Marie5656 »

jesse..after my father passed away suddenly I went for grief counseling. It seemed to help alot. I was carrying alot of guilt as the weekend before he died, he called and asked if I could come visit, and I could not because I had to work. Felt as if his death was my fault because I did not go visit.
SuzyB

falling down

Post by SuzyB »

a bottom less pit

what ya think this means

Jess with PTSD, the longer it goes untreated the worse it gets and the harder it is to treat.

You really should be spending at least an hour a week with a psychologist who is trained in CBT, where they help to retrain your memory. When you have a trauma, your brain is unable to digest the memory as it normally would, so it is on your mind the whole time and this is what will be causing the symtoms in your sleep.

I can't even begin to guess what it all means as i'm in the same place as you but for different reasons, I just hope that you cling on to the hope that things will get better.

:-4

SuzyB

falling down

Post by SuzyB »

jesse b;539706 wrote: 3 years does not seem to get better

Have you been having treatment for three years, and I don't mean with a regular Dr who just prescribes tablets? With PTSD the only hope to get better and hopefully be cured is CBT through a Psychologist. I am not for one second implying that the pain will go away but it wouldn't be on your mind every second of every day as it is now

SuzyB

falling down

Post by SuzyB »

jesse b;539720 wrote: been to 3 dif doc who treat ptsd latest one say will need 20 plus appointments

I'm not saying it's a quick cure Jess, They have said I need to see someone, once a week for at least two years!! And at £135 a session which I have to pay

SuzyB

falling down

Post by SuzyB »

Pinky;539733 wrote: Suz...you'd do that? Oh my god, I so wanna give you such a big hug right now. You're such an amazing person:-4

I have no choice Pinks, I'm at a place where I don't want to be and the only way out is if I get some help. Just pisses me off that I have to pay for all my treatment cause some stupid Dr's nearly bumped me off a few times :-5

RedGlitter

falling down

Post by RedGlitter »

Don't forget a lot of people care about you, Jesse. You are a nice guy and I enjoy talking with you as I know others do. People care about you and there's some good advice going on in this thread. I'm all for Koan's scream therapy. A good bellowing yell that comes from the pain in your soul, when things are too much, may be a good call. It sure can't hurt. Whatever you choose to do, don't give up hope that it's going to get better. :yh_hugs
guppy

falling down

Post by guppy »

Hi Jesse, i have no advice,,,no answers for ya...just a hug....:yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs or two or three
CARLA

falling down

Post by CARLA »

Jess b you owe it to yourself to continue your therapy, you have to want to get better as well. They can only guide you with therapy you have to go down the road and work hard to gain peace of mind. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

DesignerGal

falling down

Post by DesignerGal »

jesse b, I dont know your entire story, but I think I remember you saying that you "watched your brother get murdered." In addition to PTSD, you could be suffering from "Survivor Syndrome". This often happens when two people are in a life threatening situation and one doesnt make it. Im not sure of the name of the actual syndrome, but its serious and it does affect every aspect of your life. Maybe you could talk to your therapist or psychologist about this as well?

HBIC
Carl44

falling down

Post by Carl44 »

DesignerGal;539848 wrote: jesse b, I dont know your entire story, but I think I remember you saying that you "watched your brother get murdered." In addition to PTSD, you could be suffering from "Survivor Syndrome". This often happens when two people are in a life threatening situation and one doesnt make it. Im not sure of the name of the actual syndrome, but its serious and it does affect every aspect of your life. Maybe you could talk to your therapist or psychologist about this as well?

good point :-3 :-3

Return to “Bereaved People”