My wifes mother

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
redman

My wifes mother

Post by redman »

My mother in law died in hospital on Friday morning, needless to say my wife is devastated as she is the only one,I have tried to console her but sometimes I do not know what to do or say.

They were so close and she lived just round the corner from us, we shall both miss her terribly, she was very generous and came on 3 holidays a year with us

The funeral is next Friday and I am dreading it,what can we do to eliminate just a bit of this grief ?
Marie5656

My wifes mother

Post by Marie5656 »

Red, sorry about your mother-in-law. Check the poem I posted in this thread. I did not write it, but it may be comforting to hyour wife.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=16305
redman

My wifes mother

Post by redman »

Marie5656;539361 wrote: Red, sorry about your mother-in-law. Check the poem I posted in this thread. I did not write it, but it may be comforting to hyour wife.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=16305

That was fantastic,would not dare show her just yet it is so sad it bought tears to my eyes...........THANK YOU
abbey

My wifes mother

Post by abbey »

Red, sorry to hear of your loss,

my thoughts are with you and your family at this awful time. :-4
valerie

My wifes mother

Post by valerie »

Sending cyber hugs to you and your wife...

The only way I know of really to lessen the grief is the passage of

time. But since you each have each other, that is some comfort.

Do you have pictures of your holidays together? Maybe if you

both looked at them, or put some together to display at the service,

that might help.

>
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

CARLA

My wifes mother

Post by CARLA »

:yh_hugs :yh_hugs Redman hugs to you and your wife the loss is great and you will have to grieve until you can't grieve anymore. :-1 This isn't easy but necessary.

Then rejoice in the wonderful memories of your Mother in Law, and your wife's mother. It is these memories that will get you through the days, months, and years. Bless both of you, your in my thoughts and prayers.. :-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Bez

My wifes mother

Post by Bez »

It's really hard at times like this this redman....I was heartbroken when my mum died......angry - sad - wanted to talk - wanted to be left alone - in other words 'all over the place'.

I guess all you can do is 'be there'....sounds a bit glib, but It's all you can do at the moment. Lots of hugs help too.

Hugs and love to you both.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Clint

My wifes mother

Post by Clint »

It saddens me to hear of your loss. It sounds like she was a wonderful person.

I've just been through five deaths of people close to me. It hurts. At this time grief is your friend. Embrace it. Learn how it works and go with it. Cry, get angry, feel lonely, feel guilty and be sad. You won't ever be over such a close loss but you won't be able to move on until you experienced all that grieving has to offer.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Return to “Bereaved People”