cant take much more(a brothers prayer)

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
koan

Post by koan »

A man from BC got into politics because of his son's murder.

He became determined to do something about society and he was elected both years he ran.

He made a big difference and his son did not die in vain. Everyone will remember both of them.

wikipedia

He was the only candidate not affiliated with a party to win a seat in the 2004 election, and remained an independent, refusing offers to rejoin the Conservatives.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

flopstock;484774 wrote: I'd be interested in hearing about him. His life....the things that are unique to him. The things that happened between you growing up that created the special bond I see coming through in your posts.

I think that's a wonderful idea :)

Would you like to share some wonderful memories with us, Jess? :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Flopstock, that was very nice. I was thinking the same but was afraid I'd seem nosy, so thanks!
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Jess

We've met and talked about your tragedy - Koan has a great point to change the out come - make a difference. Yes, your experience was terrible - I found it devistating to see my nephew on life support - but then I had to be grateful for that time to hold him and say good-bye. All we can do is be thankful for the time we had with these special people - think of the fun times - jokes - the laughs shared.

Your in my thoughts

Patsy
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Talking about your Brother that you miss so can only help. Take your time we are here. Pasty, Koan and Floppy have come up with some great ideas.

[QUOTE]TO ALL ask me in a pm will try and answer

it seems to help FG[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Sam, I am sorry for your loss and glad that you are sharing. I am thankful for the others who have encouraged you to share and I agree with them.

I hope that you continue to share, perhaps it will help some.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Jesse your brother was a great guy. What did he do for a living?? Where did you growup at??

My Father died at the young age of 57 in 1984 I was 39 at the time it was the darkest day of my life. We were best buddies they even called me "Little Andy". There isn't a day that goes by that I don't talk to him. I found that being in the places he was in the early days after his death was my best therapy. I would go hang out in his garage at my mother house and take a nap on his favorite couch.

Your brother will always be with you Jesse always..;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Jess

There were 2 boys - my deceased nephew Eddie and his older brother Rob.

The closest 2 brothers I'd ever seen, Rob owns his own construction Co., they worked together - played together - shared everything. One night Eddie played with the wrong crowd. I thought by Rob working it would be a release - but its not, he missed Eddie more at work, even goes to call his name out. My heart breaks talking to Rob and now you break my heart.

Please don't allow this experience to make you bitter to the world.

Enjoy your nephew/neice, in time you will be able to answer questions and share stories with them.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Jess

our experiences are so similar -

The thread about my nephew tore my heart out - I was so bitter, I don't even know what I said. I still shake inside (sick feeling) when I think or talk about the details, so I try the happy times - we would laugh - he had the cutest giggle and he would laugh at my laugh. Think fun times.

If it'll make you feel better - write authorities - demand a answer/reason for the verdict - get answers. I don't have my nephews killers in prison yet - I did change the Washington State Law.

You can talk to me anytime

Patsy
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

i lost my dear brother in 2000,we were drinking partners as well as brothers against the world.but i needed to get better and gave up the booze,ian carried on and would show up on my door step about twice a year where i would clean him up set him on his way till next time.then one day i got a call saying he was in hospital yet again.i said "ime running a factory here,if i leave it and find him sitting up laughing i wont be pleased!"you wont find him that way i was told.he was in intensive care,he had collapsed and choked on his own vomit,his brain was starved of oxygen and if he pulled thru he would be just a vgetable.we had to get him swithed off his life support.i talk to him most days ,tell him off and sometimes laugh over the old days.he was just 39 when he went and i miss him still but ,it does get better with time ,i promise

Return to “Bereaved People”