Today is a special day.

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
RedGlitter

Today is a special day.

Post by RedGlitter »

It's my mom's 66th. birthday. It's a hard one to swallow, but I refuse to be a total mourner on this day. The day she came into the world is a day to be celebrated because my mom truly left the world a better place and is undoubtedly still doing good in her new life.

In time I will have created a ritual just for this day, that will honor my mom and temper my grief a little. But for today, all I can do is bake a cake. I always gave her a birthday cake and this year will be no different.

I am pretty upset that my dad and I won't be going to her grave to put flowers down today, of all days. We're too broke for a cab and can't get a ride and it's a long way out there. I don't drive and my dad has limited vision so that means get a ride. I know my mom would understand this because that's how my mom is. (I don't like "was" because she and I never believed in actual death, but existence after this one.) But when I think of her grave out there with no flowers it tears me up.

So I'm going to concentrate on this cake and on the wake of love and goodness she left in her path.

:-4
Bez

Today is a special day.

Post by Bez »

flopstock;457510 wrote: You have no idea how much I envy the love you and your mother share. To leave this world and have someone still celebrating your birth is a much more special tribute, IMO then grieving the day of her death. It is her life, after all that gave you some awesome memories and building blocks for your own life.

It was her life and the way she lived it, that shaped you. That makes you special. I think she would be proud of her accomplishment with you.

You are a good kid..:-4

I agree with Floppy......celebrating her birthday is a fantastic thing to do. She won't mind about the flowers...it's the love coming from your heart that matters. :yh_hugs
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Carl44

Today is a special day.

Post by Carl44 »

red i feel both sorrow for missing a much loved one

envy for my mother and i had a very bad relationship

but most of all happiness for you i still rejoice if thats the right word in the good times i used to share with my loved ones that are no longer with us

take care red you are a very special person suzy and me loves ya :-4 :-4
abbey

Today is a special day.

Post by abbey »

What a lovely caring daughter you are Red.:yh_flower

Sending big hugs your way x

cars

Today is a special day.

Post by cars »

flopstock;457510 wrote: You have no idea how much I envy the love you and your mother share. To leave this world and have someone still celebrating your birth is a much more special tribute, IMO then grieving the day of her death. It is her life, after all that gave you some awesome memories and building blocks for your own life.

It was her life and the way she lived it, that shaped you. That makes you special. I think she would be proud of her accomplishment with you.

You are a good kid..:-4

What flop said!

(The tear in my eye won't let me write any more.)
Cars :)
Imladris

Today is a special day.

Post by Imladris »

Red that's lovely, why not put a few flowers beside a photo of mum, that way she can 'see' them (I hope that doesn't sound too wacky)
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Bez

Today is a special day.

Post by Bez »

Imladris;457559 wrote: Red that's lovely, why not put a few flowers beside a photo of mum, that way she can 'see' them (I hope that doesn't sound too wacky)

Lovely idea...........and light a candle
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
cherandbuster

Today is a special day.

Post by cherandbuster »

Hiya Red :)

I think your Mom knows you will be celebrating her special day, for she is always in your heart.

You are her legacy. All her goodness and kindness and love lives on within you.

A very big hug to you on this most special of days :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

lady cop

Today is a special day.

Post by lady cop »

i think it's important that we celebrate in some way...i believe our deceased loved ones know we are thinking of them on their day, as well as other days. i like to remember the years i had my parents next door and the little but sweet family birthday parties we had. those were more important than the grandest ball on earth. i look back and remember how touched they always were at the home-made cake and heartfelt gifts and the presence of their grandchildren at the table. it took me all these years to realize that those memories are a treasure. i am sure your Mom does know your heart:yh_flower
cherandbuster

Today is a special day.

Post by cherandbuster »

lady cop;457601 wrote: It took me all these years to realize that those memories are a treasure.

They are indeed

I'm glad you have such lovely memories to look back on, LC :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Uncle Kram

Today is a special day.

Post by Uncle Kram »

It's what's in your heart that counts Red. Love to your Mom and love to you on her special day. She is surely with you.:yh_hugs

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
chocoholic

Today is a special day.

Post by chocoholic »

:-4 Love and hugs to you and your Mum Red, it shows just how special she was because of what a loving daughter she has in you.

She will know and understand about the flowers:)
guppy

Today is a special day.

Post by guppy »

lotsa love and hugs your way my very lovely friend.......:-4 ((((red glitter))))
Nomad

Today is a special day.

Post by Nomad »

Ive only just seen this. Placing flowers at a persons grave is a gesture for ourselves. The beauty of moms life lies in how she lived and what she gave of herself. Thats very much alive in your heart. Thats where mom is glitter. You share breathes.
I AM AWESOME MAN
RedGlitter

Today is a special day.

Post by RedGlitter »

:-4 Thank you, all of you for all your kindnesses. It helps me a lot to have your support in this.

Red

Return to “Bereaved People”