Has this ever happend to you?

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

The weirdest thing happened last night. My friend called me and left a message on my machine, saying Hi Terri...Hi Sue...(blablabla.) (Sue is my mom.) Then she proceeded to wish my mom a happy birthday (coming up) and more stuff. I was stunned at first. We had just talked a week earlier and she had known then that my mother was gone. We talked about her losing her dad this summer too. She is a bit of a scatterbrain, it's true but my gosh, shouldn't this be something she rememberd? She has even been composing a sympathy letter she apologized for not sending yet. It was odd to say the least. :confused:
guppy

Post by guppy »

what was she smoking??????:p drinking???? inhaling.....paint fumes??

that is odd indeed.

call her and see if she is alright.
kasparov

Post by kasparov »

um

difficult one, due to having lost my mum about 8 weeks ago, there are days when i am on top of the game. However there are also days when i cant even remember what i was supposed to being doing.

I cant say whether there are any recollection issues for her (as I dont know her) you probably would expect her to be able to remember such a thing, although who can say where her head's at.

what strikes me as odd is that she's saying that she's composing a letter for you, although hasnt sent it yet, i feel thats she struggling with this and maybe its reopening some very painful stuff for her. some might view this is insincerity on her part, others would understand a different perspective (not blaming you or taking sides!).

It depends on how close you are but maybe a sitdown with her and discussion of where you both at might assist you both and enable your friendship to come through this point, I fear otherwise that resentment may occur on either side and that the friendship may whither away, on a potential misunderstanding.

Friendships that are good are too good too lose!

Best wishes

Kasparov
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Kasparov,

I'm sorry about your mom. I am saddened when anyone else has to feel such pain.

I did get a letter from her, a nice heartfelt one and I am planning to call soon.

Thank you for your wishes. You have mine too.

:)

Red
princessNicky

Post by princessNicky »

RedGlitter;453499 wrote: The weirdest thing happened last night. My friend called me and left a message on my machine, saying Hi Terri...Hi Sue...(blablabla.) (Sue is my mom.) Then she proceeded to wish my mom a happy birthday (coming up) and more stuff. I was stunned at first. We had just talked a week earlier and she had known then that my mother was gone. We talked about her losing her dad this summer too. She is a bit of a scatterbrain, it's true but my gosh, shouldn't this be something she rememberd? She has even been composing a sympathy letter she apologized for not sending yet. It was odd to say the least. :confused:

How awful maybe your friend just forgot for a moment . I often have dreams where i wake up still thinking my mom is around only to gutted when i remember she's not here any more .
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I know those dreams, Princess Nicky. I think everyone who's lost a loved one has them from time to time. How long has it been since you lost your mom? I'm sorry. :(
princessNicky

Post by princessNicky »

RedGlitter;509734 wrote: I know those dreams, Princess Nicky. I think everyone who's lost a loved one has them from time to time. How long has it been since you lost your mom? I'm sorry. :(

12 months and my hubby six .
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

You lost your husband too? I am so sorry! That makes things even harder. Do you have any family or friends who can offer you emotional support??
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

sometimes when people have alot on there mind, they seem to forget things.

maybe your friend is greving and does not share this grief.
princessNicky

Post by princessNicky »

RedGlitter;509740 wrote: You lost your husband too? I am so sorry! That makes things even harder. Do you have any family or friends who can offer you emotional support??

Not really .:)
ilona17

Post by ilona17 »

Nothing like this has ever happened to me. But maybe she was just confused and in a bit of a daze, sometimes it just all gets to much for everyone and you may be all over the place.

Also im really sorry to hear about your loss. I know losing someone you love can be very hard, especially a mother as they usually mean the world to you. I lost my father about two years ago now in very tragic circumstances. I still find it hard to deal with now and just think he'll show up around the corner.

I hope things get better for you soon, and if you ever want to talk or ask anything then you can. :)
[QUOTE]:DLive Everyday Like It's Your Last :-6[/QUOTE]

Return to “Bereaved People”