Bengals and the Super Bowl????

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I am a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals and believe not only that they have what it takes to go to the playoffs,but are good enough to make the Super Bowl this year,as well as many years to come.Does anyone else think so,and If not who do you believe will be making the trip to the 2005 Super Bowl?
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

what have you been smoking??

and

Do you have any more??

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Wolverine wrote: what have you been smoking??

and

Do you have any more??

Carson Palmer Is going to have a breakout year this year,and Rudi Johnson rushed for over 1400 yards last season with the help of one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.Chad Johnson,T.J. Houshmendzadah,and Kelly Washington are some of the premier wide recievers in the league.Not to mention Brian Simmons heading up the Linebackers with probably the best Rookie Linebacker prospect in (DE)David Pollack.The Bengals secondary needs a little work,but Deltha O'Neal and Tory James might have something to say about that.Cincinnati's defence is one of the best in the league and on offence,Its going to be "The Carson,Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson Show".Your going to eat your words,because you have the "Munchies".

Bengals go 12-3 within the next two years.(Garaunteed)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Anything can happen, you never know..:D

The Patriots would be my guess again for the Super Bowl, they look better than ever... well oiled machine. Somehow I think they will be in the SP and win it.:cool:

The team I'm watching this year with interest is the FALCONS, VICKS looks very good.. theY shut TO down on Monday Night Football...

Of course I will always be hoping the my CHARGES will do as well as they did last year... Wasn't impressed with there first game against Dallas...:-5 :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

12-3 over two years? so what........... they aren't going to play a full season?

if the Bengals can win 9 games this year and 9 next year, i'll be impressed.

I have to agree with Carla, the Falcons look to be the team to beat in the NFC. I think that Philly will get their act together and be a force like they were last year.

Other than that, the NFC is wide open.

the AFC has Pitt, the Pats, and Colts. i think the seahawks might surprise a few people this year.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Falcons yup thats my pick. Bengals ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wheew !
I AM AWESOME MAN
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Nomad wrote: Falcons yup thats my pick. Bengals ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wheew !

I am a fan of the Bengals.

If you dont have faith in your team then you are not a true fan.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Hey Ive been a Vikings fan since way back I know about personal struggles :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Nomad wrote: Hey Ive been a Vikings fan since way back I know about personal struggles :wah:

Good luck tomorrow.

YOUR GONNA NEED IT

WHO-DEY

GO CINCY
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I dont know what happened last week with Tampa except that their front line was lost. Thats why we had no running game and Culpepper was discombobulated. You know for a fact Culpepper is a premier QB and hes going to come on with a vengeance in Cincy tomorrow...your in for a world of hurting.

Their defense is much stronger this year thats not going to be a problem keeping the little kitty cats down to a max of 13 pts.

My prediction ? Vikes 27 Kitty Cats 13
I AM AWESOME MAN
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

ok,ok guess we'll just have to wait and see.

People just have to realize that Cincy is for real.winning there last 4 games last year on a 5 game win streak,not to mention absolutly killing the so called "machine" New England Patriots I cant remember the score but it was something like 33-3 in the pre-season.This isnt the Bungles anymore,the past ten years are the only reason why nobody will give them a chance as of yet,but I am confident In there capability as a very solid under-rated football team in '05.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Ill try to be kind after the deed is done. :D
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Dang aren't Sunday's great.. FOOTBALL ALL DAY..!! They we go to MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.. I'm in heaven.. I'm hoping MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL we be as good as it was two years ago, every damn game was a barn burner. I stood in front of the TV watching the games they were excellent..

OK TIME FOR INSIDE THE NFL ON HBO... TOMORROW I START THE DAY WITH FOX AND THE BOYS...THEN THE 10AM GAME... I can either watch the Niners and the Eagles, or the Pats and the Panthers.. Hummmm big decision here.. Then the Chargers at Denver at 1pm....:D :D does it get any better..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well After a 37-8 @$$ stomping the Bengals gave the Minnesota Vikings on sunday,I have to say that I am overly impressed with Cincy's defence,as they held the Vikings to under 77 total yards rushing,227 yards passing and accounted for 5 interseptions.2 fumbles recovered and 2 sacks.allowing only 313 net yards.

Carson Palmer threw for 337 yards,going 27-40 with 3 TD's and 1 interception, being his only mistake as,he tryed to force a 3rd touchdown pass in as many drives.Chad Johnson accounted for 139 of them and 1 TD,while Houshmanzadeh took in a silent 55 at the same time being involved In the running game with 2 rushes for 24 yards and some endzone paint with a 16 yard TD run.Matt schobel Is credited with the 3rd TD as he had 2 receptions for 36 yards.

Rudi Johnson rushed for 90 yards,only to be relinquished of his duties due to the overwhelming success through the air in the first half.Chris Perry looked elussive, as he is proving to be a very solid backup for the #1 RB slot,having only 9 touches for 47 yards(an avg. of 5.2 yards a carry).

Dealtha O'Neal accounted for 3 of 5 Interceptions thrown by Daunte Cullpepper.Kevin Kaesviharn and Tory James Is credited with 1 each.

The Bengals next game comes against the #1 defence in the NFL,the Chicago Bears.It's a make or break season as far as confidence is concerned for the Bengals in week 3.With over 500 net yards against Minnesota and holding them to a shutout for the entire game,excluding the late touchdown by Minnesota in the final minutes of the game,and under 300 net yards,I see no reason why the Bengals shouldnt take care of business in Chicago.

Week 3

Bengals win a close one,through the air.(low penalties)

Bengals 23

Chicago 14
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

The Cincinnati Bengals on a 4 game winning streak steming from last year find themselves on top of the NFL standings after week 2.Cincinnati leads the league In total offense with 462 net yards per game.They are 3rd In passing yards per game,and 5th In Rushing yards per game.Who would have thought after week 2 anyone would find the Bengals #1 In the NFL?With a 2-0 start and a total of 64 points scored,they are only 3 ahead of their division rivals,the impressive 2-0 Pittsburgh Steelers.

Carson Palmer leads the league in passing with 617 yards with a 71.6% completion rate and a QB rating of 107.8,while Chad Johnson with 230 yards finds himself 3rd among receivers,along with 26th place T.J Houshmandzadeh with 130 yards hauled In.

Rudi Johnson has 48 rushes for a total of 216 yards,with an average carry of 4.5 yards per touch.He Is tied for 4th among rushers(IND,Edgerrin James),only 60 yards shy of league leader Carnell Williams of Tampa Bay.Last year Rudi Johnson set the Bengals' franchise record for yards rushed in a season with 1,454 yards rushing.Who needs Corey Dillion?

Deltha O'Neal Leads the league in interceptions with 3,as well as passes deflected

with a total of 5,(he also leads the team In tackles along with Rookie linebacker Odell Thurman).Not far behind Is Torey James with 1 pick on the year and 3 passes deflected.

Shayne Graham leads all kickers In points scored with 22,and Is 2nd In field goals made with 5.Shayne also broke the Bengals' franchise record for 122 points In 2004.

WHO-DEY

GO BENGALS
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

JAB wrote: I agree Cinci is looking better but it's WAAAAAY too early to be making Super Bowl plans.

Yeah I know,

I am just a fan who takes pride In my team.I realize that the NFL Is highly competitive and that anyone can win at any time,no matter what their record.You just have to realize that being a Bengals fan,this Is the first season In 10 years I feel that we have a real shot at the playoffs,considering that we havnt had a winning season since 1990.The Bengals have gone 8-8 the past two years,but If that Is all we can salvage out of this season,I will be highly dissapointed.

I honestly believe that the Bengals can make the playoffs this year,and If they do I see no team that can beat them.

BTW "looking better" Is an extreme under-statement.I think their play Is better described as.........

"The Bengals are for real"
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

JAB wrote: OK, I'm a Browns fan so it's hard for me to be objective about Cinci but I thought they went 9-7 in Marvin Lewis' first year as a coach. Am I wrong?

Yes,

Marvin Lewis took over a 2-14 Cincy team from Dick LeBeau and went 8-8 In 2003,as well as 2004.That In which has been the best record we have had since being upset In the 1989(1988 season 12-4) Super Bowl by Montana and the San Francisco 49'ers on a last minute TD pass.

(FYI-The Bengals were 4-11 In 1987 prior to going to the Super Bowl In 89'-88' season)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder wrote: ok,ok guess we'll just have to wait and see.

People just have to realize that Cincy is for real.winning there last 4 games last year on a 5 game win streak,not to mention absolutly killing the so called "machine" New England Patriots .

Ment to say the Indianapolis Colts,and the score was 38-0.

And they won there last 2 games and are on a 4 game winstreak.Not 5

But,all in all still Impressive.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I have moved this thread to the Journal section of the forum,where I will be updating the success as well as misfortune of my favorite team,the Cincinnati Bengals.

(continued)

see

Cincinnati Bengals[B/] under Journals tab........
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I nominate K. Snyder to be our ongoing color commentator for football season. Good stuff in your journal area, K.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

BabyRider wrote: I nominate K. Snyder to be our ongoing color commentator for football season. Good stuff in your journal area, K.

Really?

Thank you BabyRider.That means alot to me,being a high school drop out.

I have always enjoyed writing and loved playing sports In high school.My coaches as well as peers told me that "I was talented enough to play sports on a high level"--that Is until I broke my ankle on a cheap,late hit on a touchdown thrown to me my freshman year.My agility hasn't been the same ever since.Frustrated, I droped out of high school after my sophmore year.I regret every bit of not finishing high school and continuing what could have been the best years of my life.While not going so far as to say that I could have made It farther than a "big time school" such as Ohio State, U.C. or the University of Dayton (with an always under rated basketball organization),one can only wonder of my success If I had been determined and lucky enough to fulfill my ambition.Therefore, I am devoted to doing what I enjoy best,which Is to watch and cheer for my fellow athletes,while giving the public some perception of what It Is we take so much pride In and why we have so much passion for the games we call sports.

I am determined to better myself In all aspects of writing In general.So,even If It Is brutally honest,I will accept all comments related to my capabilties of being a writer and encourage any suggestions you may have for me.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

The Cincinnati Bengals edged out a close and respectable game against the Houston Texans in week four. While never really being able to astablish consistant drives, the Cincinnati Bengals won another game with their defense. It would have been significantly worse for the Texans had the Bengals limited sensless penalties yet again. Cincinnati seems to need to work on giving up yards on unneeded penalties as well as working on their run defense. But all in all they still look very impressive, at the same time still not getting the respect they deserve.

The Bengals are one of the top teams in the league as I have said before. No one wants to give them any credit because of their unfortunate history, but that is what the offseasons are for.

The Jaguars are next on the food chain. While I realize that there has only been one team(1972 Miami Dolphins) to ever go undefeated in one complete season, I still see no reason the Bengals can lose to any team in the NFL this year. There are still allot of sceptics out there, that is unless you have actually seen the Bengals play this year.

My prediction

Bengals win and win big

Bengals 34

Jaguars 10
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Wolverine;129629 wrote: 12-3 over two years? so what........... they aren't going to play a full season?

if the Bengals can win 9 games this year and 9 next year, i'll be impressed.

I have to agree with Carla, the Falcons look to be the team to beat in the NFC. I think that Philly will get their act together and be a force like they were last year.

Other than that, the NFC is wide open.

the AFC has Pitt, the Pats, and Colts. i think the seahawks might surprise a few people this year.

(I'm not singling you out, just using that post as a summary of my intent for this thread)

Well, it's been about two years now, and in '05 the Bengals went 11-5 making it to the playoffs, to ultimately lose to the eventual Superbowl Champs, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Alot of analysts believe that Cincinnati would have won that game, if Carson Palmer wasn't taken out with a torn ACL, and MCL.

After having arguably the toughest schedule in the NFL they are on pace to go 9-7, being one win shy of just that. Cincinnati's offense has been in the top five of the league for the last two years running, but if anyone expects Cincy to be a legitimate Superbowl threat, their defense is going to have to muscle up...

Marvin Lewis has once again ensured a non losing season, and has yet to go a full season of being less than .500%. After taking over a 2-14 team from now defensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers Dick Lebeau in 2002, and a team that at the time didn't have a winning season in over 10 years, while leading his team to an AFC North Title in just his 3rd year, I think it's safe to say that the Bengals are no longer the Bungles, and should be expected to contend for the AFC North Title every year.

They are 20-13 over the course of two years, and I am willing to bet that Cincinnati will not lose the reputation Marvin has worked so hard to instill in Cincinnati.

Cincinnati still could make the playoffs, but it's a very slim chance, and quite frankly they had their chance to capitalize.

Cincinnati had it's ups and downs in 2006, and should definitely be regarded as the most unluckiest year of Marvin's era that's for sure...

Cincinnati will get their defense healthy again, and upon a solid draft will scare anyone they happen to square off against on any given week, that's' not a promise, it's a guarantee.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”