naked cricket

Discuss all types of sports.
lady cop

naked cricket

Post by lady cop »

as many of you know i am going to move to old Blighty with Bothwell...so today i was telling him i do not understand cricket at all! he said he will bring some tapes over, hours and hours :eek: ...so i asked, if i must watch them, can i be naked? he said no, i had to wear a sundress, one of those stupid ladies hats with twigs and foliage on it, and serve cucumber sandwiches with no crusts and scones! is he insane? he'll be lucky to get a heineken and a sub from publix. sooooo can someone explain cricket to me? i think he is winding me up. :rolleyes:
Majenta

naked cricket

Post by Majenta »

lady cop wrote: he said no, i had to wear a sundress, one of those stupid ladies hats with twigs and foliage on it, and serve cucumber sandwiches with no crusts and scones!

Hehe, welcome to England LC!
Tan

naked cricket

Post by Tan »

I cant help you with cricket but :wah: thats hilarious LC
Tan
Bothwell

naked cricket

Post by Bothwell »

Just to reassure my English colleagues, I will at no time be warching the beautiful game that is cricket minus clothes. I shall be wearing my cream slacks, powder blue Gieves and Hawkes shirt, Old Etonian cravatte and panama hat.

I have no earthly idea as to what LC thinks is acceptable behaviour when watching our national sport but what I shall term "bedroom activities" shall play no part, damn colonials!!
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
abbey

naked cricket

Post by abbey »

My dear LC, if you are coming to England you simply must learn the dress code for such occasions!

A summer frock must be worn (sleeveless)

Flat white court shoes.

Short white lace gloves.

And a floral or lace covered hat to finish the ensemble.

:pop('pages/popups/pop_image.php?img=ascot_fashion_020618_45','gallery','306','473')">

As for the rules of cricket....Bat.......Ball.......Wickets

Bat hits Ball, Ball hits Wickets.....yaaaaaaay, time for cucumber sandwiches (you may not take your gloves off to eat them)

If at any time you feel the urge to strip off your clothes, dont be ashamed, it's quite the norm for young ladies without clothes to run across the pitch, they are commonly known as streakers.

Owzat!

lady cop

naked cricket

Post by lady cop »

Abbey i would rather gouge out my eyeballs with rusty barbed wire than put that THING on my head! :eek:
kmhowe72

naked cricket

Post by kmhowe72 »

What the HECK is cricket, isn't that a bug
kmhowe
Bez

naked cricket

Post by Bez »

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_databas ... RICAN.html

Try this link...the article was too long to post.....as well as the afore mentioned dress you will also need...Umbrella, Raincoat, warm rug and a good book to read....:D

My advice would be to watch it on the telly....it's definitely worth watching the 'ashes series' (not enough time to explain what they are) at the moment. :-6
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
minks

naked cricket

Post by minks »

Bothwell wrote: Just to reassure my English colleagues, I will at no time be warching the beautiful game that is cricket minus clothes. I shall be wearing my cream slacks, powder blue Gieves and Hawkes shirt, Old Etonian cravatte and panama hat.

I have no earthly idea as to what LC thinks is acceptable behaviour when watching our national sport but what I shall term "bedroom activities" shall play no part, damn colonials!!

Man what an opportunity you passed up, you could have been all cosy in the bedroom while teaching her all the "ins and outs" of the game.

Sheesh Men!!!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
greydeadhead

naked cricket

Post by greydeadhead »

umm.. errr...Bothwell, ahhh.... damn.. struck speechless... no co-ed nekid cricket....:confused:

I mean there is even co-ed nekid snowboarding...
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
minks

naked cricket

Post by minks »

ArnoldLayne wrote: What and crease his cream slacks and spill his Pimms ?

Bloody up tight britts sheesh !!!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Majenta

naked cricket

Post by Majenta »

minks wrote: Bloody up tight britts sheesh !!!

Stiff upper lip old girl! It's tradition!
gmc

naked cricket

Post by gmc »

posted by bothwell

It will be amzing if she stays awake, cricket makes baseball look exciting.:sneaky:
BabyRider

naked cricket

Post by BabyRider »

Bothwell wrote: Just to reassure my English colleagues, I will at no time be warching the beautiful game that is cricket minus clothes. I shall be wearing my cream slacks, powder blue Gieves and Hawkes shirt, Old Etonian cravatte and panama hat.

Now c'mon, Both!!! Why would you want to go and spoil LC's fun? I thought you were cool! Worried you won't be able to concentrate on the game??? :yh_eyebro :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Bez

naked cricket

Post by Bez »

Trial by telly....Test match tomorrow (weather permitting) ..... enjoy !!!!!

Betty Boop

naked cricket

Post by Betty Boop »

you did it then Bez!!
mominiowa

naked cricket

Post by mominiowa »

[quote=Bothwell]. I shall be wearing my cream slacks, powder blue Gieves and Hawkes shirt, Old Etonian cravatte and panama hat.

mmmmmmmmm...Both? Would that be an IOWA Hawkes shirt...Iowa HAWKEYES! Ha ha ha----:p

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Bez

naked cricket

Post by Bez »

Re. test match in Nottingham UK......It's looking good for the Brits but there's 3 days to go....We're going to thrash those Aussies......

:-6

Watch out for Smileyorama from me now I've mastered the 'art'. Can't do it at work though, which is where I am now.....

Bez:yh_yinyan
abbey

naked cricket

Post by abbey »

Bez wrote: Re. test match in Nottingham UK......It's looking good for the Brits but there's 3 days to go....We're going to thrash those Aussies......

:-6 Bez:yh_yinyan
Sssshhhhhh............you'll put the mocka's on it! :D
Bez

naked cricket

Post by Bez »

abbey wrote: Sssshhhhhh............you'll put the mocka's on it! :D

Not those mockas again !......you're right it's a bit in the balance today...

:-3
lady cop

naked cricket

Post by lady cop »

ok you two...what is "mockas"? jinx? Bothwell has been glued to cricket this weekend, and NOT wearing a cravatte! he shall have to be punished. :D i can hardly wait.
Bez

naked cricket

Post by Bez »

lady cop wrote: ok you two...what is "mockas"? jinx? Bothwell has been glued to cricket this weekend, and NOT wearing a cravatte! he shall have to be punished. :D i can hardly wait.

I can't find much about her but I suspect that the saying is related to a Celtic Goddess MOCCAS....said to be associated with King Arthur....If anyone does know I would be interested. It's funny how we use these sayings without knowing their origins....you wouldn't believe what the search engines came up with when I went looking for 'sayings' & 'slang'......

Bothwell

naked cricket

Post by Bothwell »

It's "Mockers" and it just means put a downer on, I will stand corrected but I dont think there is a Celtic connection
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Bez

naked cricket

Post by Bez »

Looks like I was trying to be too clever...probably because I had the spelling wrong.....Bothwell....you are correct as ever....

Definitionsmockers

plural noun

Idiom: put the mockers on something or someone
  • colloq

To spoil or end its or their chances of success.
    • Example: Well, that's put the mockers on my promotionEtymology: 1920s.

Bez

lady cop

naked cricket

Post by lady cop »

Bothwell will soon get his comeuppance...when he comes to the states shortly, he will attend his first baseball game and then he will not be so cocky! he says he doesn't know any of the rules. so i am going to tell him he has to wear a three-piece saville row suit and must ask the vendor for dry sherry! hahahahahahahaha :yh_laugh
Okie

naked cricket

Post by Okie »

lady cop;116405 wrote: Bothwell will soon get his comeuppance...when he comes to the states shortly, he will attend his first baseball game and then he will not be so cocky! he says he doesn't know any of the rules. so i am going to tell him he has to wear a three-piece saville row suit and must ask the vendor for dry sherry! hahahahahahahaha :yh_laugh

Heeeeeeeee, yep. I bet you will.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”