Trent Bridge

Discuss all types of sports.
spot

Trent Bridge

Post by spot »

Oh my goodness. I say. What a moment to savor.

Blimey.

England seamer Stuart Broad took 8-15 as Australia were bowled out for 60 on the opening morning of the fourth Ashes Test, the shortest first innings in history.

Broad equalled the quickest Test five-wicket haul, claiming 5-6 in 19 balls, as the tourists were dismissed in 111 balls at Trent Bridge.

They are only the fourth side to be bowled out before lunch on day one.

Broad, 29, became the fifth England bowler to reach 300 wickets.

BBC Sport - Ashes 2015: Stuart Broad takes 8-15 as Australia bowled out for 60

8 wickets for 15 runs in a Test, by an English bowler. Against Australia.

My word. Days like this are rare.

The technical term is "collapse".
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

Trent Bridge

Post by Snowfire »

I thought I'd read it wrong at first. Then thought I'd pulled up an old 20/20 score.

Broad's 8 for 15 before lunch is astonishing and truly makes a mockery of Glen McGrath's prediction...along the lines of "We wont just win 5-0, it'll be 10-0 "
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Trent Bridge

Post by spot »

I listened to the final beleaguered Australian stand this morning, and Mr Wood punching the final wicket out of the ground. England has won back the Ashes with the Oval match still to play, the world-shaking Australian captain Michael Clarke has retired from International cricket from the end of the series and everyone on Test Match Special, with a single exception, appears to have cried on air.

The exception being Mr Boycott, of course. He was a pointlessly selfish player and now he's a pointlessly sour commentator. He's been a blot on the sport since he decided to focus on personal statistics at the expense of the team or even the match result. Why he's ever invited to speak I have no idea.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

Trent Bridge

Post by Snowfire »

Well, Boycott was certainly a selfish player. As a commentator he's straight and honest and gives praise where praise is due and scoffs when people are bad, regardless of geographical allegiances. He's a straight talker who knows what he's talking about

Adam Lyth would do well to listen to some straight talking Boycott advice. With a batting average over seven Ashes innings of just above 12, he needs to learn how to get in and stay in before building the runs. Woeful.

Great performance by all the team in general. Good captaincy if not a great performance with the bat for Cook. Root head and shoulders the best of 22 men with the bat. And our bowlers showed how to seam bowl and make good use of the conditions
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill

Return to “Wide World of Sports”