Is It 1936 ?

Discuss all types of sports.
Oscar Namechange

Is It 1936 ?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Only this chap thought so last night at the Olympic opening ceremony as the German team entered the stadium.

What made us laugh was that Prince Charles and Camilla had a fit of giggles over It.

Nazi Salute London Olympics 2012. German dude gets over excited. - YouTube

Watch the slow motion replay and who's behind him.... Boris puts his hand over his mouth In horror and Camilla can't believe her eyes.... priceless !!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Is It 1936 ?

Post by LarsMac »

Their reaction IS funny.

But, that is NOT the Nazi Salute.

That is just a wave.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Is It 1936 ?

Post by gmc »

oscar;1399423 wrote: Only this chap thought so last night at the Olympic opening ceremony as the German team entered the stadium.

What made us laugh was that Prince Charles and Camilla had a fit of giggles over It.

Nazi Salute London Olympics 2012. German dude gets over excited. - YouTube

Watch the slow motion replay and who's behind him.... Boris puts his hand over his mouth In horror and Camilla can't believe her eyes.... priceless !!!

Looks like he's just waving with his left arm course you would know more about nazi salutes than most i suppose.

NEW BNP Hitler Nazi salute @ Magyar sziget Nazi festival in Hungary - YouTube

All hail oscar griffins nemesis if only he knew it:sneaky:

I like borsis - saw one pundit suggesting camaron is happy to have him as mayor of london as as an active MP he was a potential rival for leadership

of the tory party.
Oscar Namechange

Is It 1936 ?

gmc;1399429 wrote: Looks like he's just waving with his left arm course you would know more about nazi salutes than most i suppose.

NEW BNP Hitler Nazi salute @ Magyar sziget Nazi festival in Hungary - YouTube

All hail oscar griffins nemesis if only he knew it:sneaky:

I like borsis - saw one pundit suggesting camaron is happy to have him as mayor of london as as an active MP he was a potential rival for leadership

of the tory party.

I'm not the only one who thought It was a Nazi salute. If he was waving then why was Boris and Camilla so horrified? You don't react like that If someone Is merely waving In front of you.

Man seems to use Nazi salute to greet German Olympic athletes at opening ceremony  - NY Daily News

As for the link you posted... didn't we do this over a year ago? He was a little twat who had far too many sherbets and thought he'd act big at a gig. He was Immediately expelled from the BNP by Nick Griffin himself for bringing shame on the Illustrious Party.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Is It 1936 ?

Post by LarsMac »

Well, perhaps, if you were behind in their seats, and can't tell right from left, (A fairly common malady in the West these days) then, yes, it might be mistaken for the aforementioned salute.

But then, someone viewing the film obviously did think what the chap is doing is the Nazi Salute.

It could even be that Boris and Camilla were viewing something off camera, and reacting to something entirely different than this fellow.

All I can say for a certainty is that what this guy was doing was not the Nazis' famous gesture.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Is It 1936 ?

LarsMac;1399442 wrote: Well, perhaps, if you were behind in their seats, and can't tell right from left, (A fairly common malady in the West these days) then, yes, it might be mistaken for the aforementioned salute.

But then, someone viewing the film obviously did think what the chap is doing is the Nazi Salute.

It could even be that Boris and Camilla were viewing something off camera, and reacting to something entirely different than this fellow.

All I can say for a certainty is that what this guy was doing was not the Nazis' famous gesture. My husband and I watched the entire opening ceremony and saw It unfold... It looked like a Nazi salute but yes, could have been Innocent.
gmc

Is It 1936 ?

Post by gmc »

oscar;1399444 wrote: My husband and I watched the entire opening ceremony and saw It unfold... It looked like a Nazi salute but yes, could have been Innocent.

What bollocks it wasn't a nazi salute. The irony being of course that the fascists have won in the end - who runs the country and are busy dismantling the NHS and all the other things the left out in place.
Snooz

Is It 1936 ?

Post by Snooz »

It didn't look like a Nazi salute to me either but it was one of the most obnoxious videos I've seen in a while.
Oscar Namechange

Is It 1936 ?

gmc;1399454 wrote: What bollocks it wasn't a nazi salute. The irony being of course that the fascists have won in the end - who runs the country and are busy dismantling the NHS and all the other things the left out in place. Winston Churchill said " When Fascism returns to England, It will be In the form of anti- fascism" but then what did he know ( roll eyes).
along-for-the-ride

Is It 1936 ?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

40 Things That Make Old People Very Happy (According To Stock Photos)

Consider #6 and #34 ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bruv

Is It 1936 ?

Post by Bruv »

along-for-the-ride;1399480 wrote: 40 Things That Make Old People Very Happy (According To Stock Photos)

Consider #6 and #34 ;)
And 37 ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
along-for-the-ride

Is It 1936 ?

Bruv;1399482 wrote: And 37 ?

:wah: Yes, ofcourse. # 37.
Oscar Namechange

Is It 1936 ?

My Father was certainly number 19.
Snooz

Is It 1936 ?

Post by Snooz »

39 is ageless.
along-for-the-ride

Is It 1936 ?

LarsMac

Is It 1936 ?

Post by LarsMac »

along-for-the-ride;1399480 wrote: 40 Things That Make Old People Very Happy (According To Stock Photos)

Consider #6 and #34 ;)

And #10

Somethings never change.
- DH Lawrence
YZGI

Is It 1936 ?

Post by YZGI »

LarsMac;1399533 wrote: And #10

Somethings never change.

Thanks, I didn't want to be the first to point that one out.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”