Didn't we do well ?

Discuss all types of sports.
Oscar Namechange

Didn't we do well ?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Olympics Opening Ceremony: London gets the 2012 Games under way with the Greatest Show On Earth (rounded off by Macca, of course) | Mail Online

Fabulous pics of the London opening Olympic Ceremony.

I'm usually a bit of a low reactor to things like this but there are no Superlatives to describe the sheer work and spectacle we saw tonight.

I had It on with cinema surround sound but somewhere In that vast crowd watching It live In the stadium was my brother and his 7 year old son. What an astonishing treat to give a 7 year old?

In the build up I couldn't understand his excitement at being there but It must have been amazing.

It really was awesome.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

Didn't we do well ?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Queen Elizabeth was picking her nails when Great Britain marched into Olympic Stadium (PHOTO) | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
theia

Didn't we do well ?

Post by theia »

along-for-the-ride;1399403 wrote: Queen Elizabeth was picking her nails when Great Britain marched into Olympic Stadium (PHOTO) | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

Unfortunate shot, yes. But I still think she copes incredibly well for an 86 year old.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Didn't we do well ?

Post by spot »

theia;1399404 wrote: Unfortunate shot, yes. But I still think she copes incredibly well for an 86 year old.

She's living proof of Voronoff's genius, that woman. I've always said the Medical Research Council should fund further studies on monkey gland implants.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
theia

Didn't we do well ?

Post by theia »

spot;1399406 wrote: She's living proof of Voronoff's genius, that woman. I've always said the Medical Research Council should fund further studies on monkey gland implants.

What is that? ( I know, I'm having a lazy day and can't be bothered to google)
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
along-for-the-ride

Didn't we do well ?

Opening Ceremony mysteries solved | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports
spot

Didn't we do well ?

Post by spot »

theia;1399407 wrote: What is that? ( I know, I'm having a lazy day and can't be bothered to google)

He'd retired from practice by the time of the Coronation but he'd been the pioneer experimenter in "the modern anti-aging strategy of replacing hormones" using grafts from areas which required no immuno-suppression, and it's widely acknowledged that Her Majesty is a lifelong adherent to the techniques he developed. Most women her age would think twice before parachuting into a war zone like Dalston.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
along-for-the-ride

Didn't we do well ?

Where are all the fans in the stands? - Yardbarker
along-for-the-ride

Didn't we do well ?

along-for-the-ride;1399403 wrote: Queen Elizabeth was picking her nails when Great Britain marched into Olympic Stadium (PHOTO) | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

Royal Zara Phillips to make Olympic equestrian debut Sunday
Bryn Mawr

Didn't we do well ?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

along-for-the-ride;1399408 wrote: Opening Ceremony mysteries solved | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

I did wonder whether viewers outside of the UK would pick up on the dozens of specifically British references in the opening ceremony.

All in all, an exceedingly well baked confection for our delight.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”