How I loathe Inaccurate reporting....

Discuss all types of sports.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Champion jockey AP McCoy has seen an incredible 20 mounts die during the last 5 years | Mail Online

Once again, the rabid animal rights brigade provide false Information for sensationalist reporting such as this.

For the record.....

AP McCoy did not ride Synchronised to his death after falling In the Grand National.

He fell at Bechers Brook and the horse was on his feet and continued to run. The horse broke his leg as a result of a freak accident at the following fence AFTER McCoy and the horse parted company.

God this annoys the hell out of me.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So, why do you read The Mail?

It has proved to be one of the most consistently unreliable "news" outlets in the UK, from what I can see.

It reminds me of the National Enquirer, here in the States.

The headline gets the woman at the check-out line to pick the thing up, and buy the thing. Whether she actually ever reads it, or not, is another matter. And they don't care, because they made their sales.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

LarsMac;1394512 wrote: So, why do you read The Mail?

It has proved to be one of the most consistently unreliable "news" outlets in the UK, from what I can see.

It reminds me of the National Enquirer, here in the States.

The headline gets the woman at the check-out line to pick the thing up, and buy the thing. Whether she actually ever reads it, or not, is another matter. And they don't care, because they made their sales.

I never buy It Lars... I never buy any newspaper... I read on line.

In some respects, the Mail Is very good at Journalist reporting and In depth enquiries which I like but It's this kind of sensationalist reporting that annoys me.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1394513 wrote: I never buy It Lars... I never buy any newspaper... I read on line.

In some respects, the Mail Is very good at Journalist reporting and In depth enquiries which I like but It's this kind of sensationalist reporting that annoys me.

The Independent maybe, or the Times if you must, but the Mail has never dug more than an inch beneath the surface in its history.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I wouldn't say it is inaccurate. What they have done is focus attention on one particular fact and make it sound as if e is killing horses on a regular basis. It's what they always do. Bit like

"limb crisis in the UK" the average person has less than two legs. That is accurate reporting of a fact but taken out of context to make a story.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1394549 wrote: I wouldn't say it is inaccurate. What they have done is focus attention on one particular fact and make it sound as if e is killing horses on a regular basis. It's what they always do. Bit like

"limb crisis in the UK" the average person has less than two legs. That is accurate reporting of a fact but taken out of context to make a story. I agree but to use the words ' rode Synchronised to his death' :-5

Most mounts do not die on race courses due to jockeys making errors... most are accidents. No owner, trainer nor jockey will take undue risks over the jumps that lead to horse's deaths.

Nothing more than sensationalist reporting. At least I got my comment printed In the Mail under the article :sneaky: With 108 likes to date.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”