Well done Ireland

Discuss all types of sports.
gmc

Well done Ireland

Post by gmc »

Ireland fans toast local heroes after cricket team's astonishing triumph

Ireland fans toast local heroes after cricket team's astonishing triumph | Sport | guardian.co.uk

OK I didn't watch the match and I don't watch cricket, maybe if i was stranded on a desert island with nothing else to do I might watch a cricket match. But for some reason this is funny :-3:yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Well done Ireland

Post by Snowfire »

Thought it would give you some amusement.

Gotta congratulate them. They had nothing to lose and swung the bat. We bowled worse than my sisters and they cant bowl
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
fuzzywuzzy

Well done Ireland

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

HUh pmsl I came to this thread because I thought it had something to do witht he elections lol lol lol ......ummm congrats anyway. :)
Bryn Mawr

Well done Ireland

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1354908 wrote: HUh pmsl I came to this thread because I thought it had something to do witht he elections lol lol lol ......ummm congrats anyway. :)

Being what you are (an Aussie) you must be laughing your socks off :-(

They might have cremated the bails a century or more ago to mourn the death of English cricket but they were premature - now it is truly dead and about to be put out of its misery.
Snowfire

Well done Ireland

Post by Snowfire »

Bryn Mawr;1354913 wrote: Being what you are (an Aussie) you must be laughing your socks off :-(

They might have cremated the bails a century or more ago to mourn the death of English cricket but they were premature - now it is truly dead and about to be put out of its misery.

We've never really mastered the one day game.

I'm suprised we fielded as bad as we did. Maybe we should have issued them all a baseball mitt

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr

Well done Ireland

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1354914 wrote: We've never really mastered the one day game.

I'm suprised we fielded as bad as we did. Maybe we should have issued them all a baseball mitt

I've just watched the lowlights - we set them a decent total but four really bad misfields and one brilliant knock by O'Brian did for us. Well done Ireland.
spot

Well done Ireland

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1354914 wrote: We've never really mastered the one day game. Indeed not and why should we. It has nothing to do with cricket, it just uses the same equipment. It resembles in many ways that strange weekend variant, "village cricket", but without the drama.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Well done Ireland

Post by gmc »

spot;1354923 wrote: Indeed not and why should we. It has nothing to do with cricket, it just uses the same equipment. It resembles in many ways that strange weekend variant, "village cricket", but without the drama.

Now now it's ONLY a game.
Snowfire

Well done Ireland

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1354923 wrote: Indeed not and why should we. It has nothing to do with cricket, it just uses the same equipment. It resembles in many ways that strange weekend variant, "village cricket", but without the drama.

Couldn't agree more. The game diminishes, the less overs that are played. There is even a 6-a-side version of 5 overs each. Its a dreadful swing fest that panders to those with little attention span to speak of and wouldnt know a Googly from a Chinaman* . I watched it once, shrugged my shoulders and dreamed of settling down for five days to watch a test match.

* Games are played between two teams of six players, and each game consists of a maximum of five six-ball overs bowled by each side (eight-ball overs in the final match).[1]

* Each member of the fielding side bowls one over, with the exception of the wicket-keeper.

* Wides and no-balls count as two runs.

* If five wickets fall before 5 overs are completed, the last remaining batsman bats on with the fifth batsman acting as a runner. He always takes strike. The innings is complete when the sixth wicket falls.

* Batsmen retire not out on reaching 31 runs. The idea being to reach 36 runs by hitting 6 sixes. A retired batsman can return to the crease after lower-order batsmen either retire or are out.

* A tournament points system awards two points for each match won.

* Well skipper, the pitch hasn't degenerated too much in the last four overs, shall we keep with the seamers or shall we try out the spinner for the remaining two

Winston Churchill
Dixie

Well done Ireland

Post by Dixie »

Snowfire;1354961 wrote:

* Well skipper, the pitch hasn't degenerated too much in the last four overs, shall we keep with the seamers or shall we try out the spinner for the remaining two

:yh_rotfl

Or just use spinners and get this over with sooner.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”