Up-Date on Boxing Day Prediction..

Discuss all types of sports.
Oscar Namechange

Up-Date on Boxing Day Prediction..

Post by Oscar Namechange »

As I half expected, 'Denman' has been with-drawn from The King George Stakes on Boxing Day along with many of the runners In the early listings so now I must put my money where my mouth Is and up-date my fore-cast for the race result.

I am very dissapointed at not being able to see Denman but I only have to wait until The Gold Cup In March for that honour again.

Denman as It stands Is listed and Is the Boookies favourite to win The Grand National on the 10th April. It is highly likely that he will be retired after this race so I will Include that In my 'Must see races'.

With so many horses being with-drawn the field for the big race on Boxing Day has narrowed. I suspect that trainer Paul Nicholls has with-drawn Denman In order not to risk Kauto Star taking a record 5 consequetive titles which will make racing history. The reaminder would have been with-drawn probably due to no chance what-so-ever of beating Kauto Star.

As I will be there on the day, I am thrilled that some of my favourite Chasers are still In the race and I will get to see them also, these being... Weapons Amnisty, Cooldine and Imperial Commander.

Looking at the field now, I can only see one horse being any threat to Kauto Star and that Is Imperial Commander and winner of the 2010 Gold Cup. Last year against Kauto he made 2 serious errors by banking fences but he stayed on well. The danger on the day is If he jumps well and the going is soft. Kauto likes hard firm ground and If the going Is soft, Imperial Commander could just have the edge. However, It now seems that Ruby Walsh who's colours are nailed to kauto Star will be riding him.

Kauto's trainer Paul Nicholls has another horse In this race, 'Neptunes Collognes' and although a great tough chaser, he Is no match for the champ.

'Weapons Amnisty and Cooldine are tough Chasers who jump well and should be placed.

So my reviewed fore-cast for the race after the with-drawals Is:

1st) Kauto Star 7/4 Anti Post Favourite

2nd Imperial Commander 10/1 second Favourite

3rd Weapons Amnisty. 16/1

This Is a reminder of the big race from last years Boxing Day....

YouTube - King George VI Chase 2009

Can't wait..
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Wide World of Sports”