Urban Meyer Stepping Down

Discuss all types of sports.
mcnulty07

Post by mcnulty07 »

What do you guys think of Urban Meyer stepping down? He's one of the top 3 coaches in College Football who has already won two sec championships and two national championships as well as coached a heisman trophey winner and appeared in one BCS bowl while at Utah. Still, I'm in shock. He must really have some serious health issues going on. I wonder who they are going to get to replace him.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – While his coaching successes mounted and his tough-as-nails reputation grew, Urban Meyer admits there was one thing he didn't pay much attention to — his health.

That hit home when chest pains sent him to the hospital after Alabama beat his Florida Gators in the Southeastern Conference championship game on Dec. 5.

And so on Saturday, exactly three weeks later, the 45-year-old Meyer shook all of college football by saying he was stepping down. He resigned after five seasons and two national titles. In so many words, he said he needed to get his priorities straight.

Full story link: Florida's Meyer resigns amid health concerns - Yahoo! News
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

mcnulty07;1276414 wrote: What do you guys think of Urban Meyer stepping down? He's one of the top 3 coaches in College Football who has already won two sec championships and two national championships as well as coached a heisman trophey winner and appeared in one BCS bowl while at Utah. Still, I'm in shock. He must really have some serious health issues going on. I wonder who they are going to get to replace him.

Ever known anyone that owned a business?

They stay up night and day, work forever shifts, and hardly eat healthy!

Some people are just quite frankly not equipped to deal with the stress levels involved in some occupations
mcnulty07

Post by mcnulty07 »

K.Snyder;1276585 wrote: Ever known anyone that owned a business?

They stay up night and day, work forever shifts, and hardly eat healthy!

Some people are just quite frankly not equipped to deal with the stress levels involved in some occupations

Yes, I know quite a few people who own their own businesses. You are right - while it does provide some freedom for them most do seem to be stressed.

Urban is now saying that he's just going to be taking a leave of absence and will probably be back to coach next season.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”