Who do you support? - Football/Soccer

Discuss all types of sports.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

K.Snyder;1271470 wrote: Everton eh?

I don't have a huge grudge with Everton...Everton's #1 goalkeeper is our #1 Goalkeeper (USA) so...

Yes, a brilliant goalkeeper! Everton were losing two nil to Tottenham last Sunday and they got a penalty and Tim Howard made a brilliant save! Everton went on to score two goals to earn a draw!
Barman

Post by Barman »

Plymouth Argyle finally got rid of that knob Sturrock today, just hope it is not too late for Mariner to save them from the drop.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Skylark;1271794 wrote: Yes, a brilliant goalkeeper! Everton were losing two nil to Tottenham last Sunday and they got a penalty and Tim Howard made a brilliant save! Everton went on to score two goals to earn a draw!

Yes, I'd watched that game! :yh_wink

It was fantastic!

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/1270417-post382.html
abbey

Post by abbey »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1271549 wrote:

BTW does anyone think Liverplod have lost the plot?:yh_rotfl
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

K.Snyder;1268968 wrote: I found this in American Soccer/European Football and will post it here.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/515576-post17.html

Why do you support Fulham, are there any American players in the team?

Another brilliant draw by Everton, this time 3-3 against Chelsea! We are doing well against these London teams! :D
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

abbey;1272358 wrote: :yh_rotfl

They certainly have, and long may it continue! :guitarist
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Skylark;1272518 wrote: Why do you support Fulham, are there any American players in the team?

Another brilliant draw by Everton, this time 3-3 against Chelsea! We are doing well against these London teams! :D

I'm from Ohio and while I hadn't followed soccer predominantly in the past I've always liked Brian McBride when he played here in Columbus, Ohio(Columbus Crew MLS). So naturally I followed Fulham and the rest is history! Love the game and love everything that is athletic and challenging! LOVE SPORTS!

As an "American" I'd grown up playing American football, baseball, basketball, and hockey and I never played soccer because soccer season was in the middle of American football season so I never played it...

I've grown to LOVE THE SPORT!

Fulham play FC Basel tomorrow and if they win earn a spot in the final 32!

COYW!!!!!!!

:yh_wink
Barman

Post by Barman »

Half time, United 2-0 Wolves.:D
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Barman;1273240 wrote: Half time, United 2-0 Wolves.:D

whats the sunderland score:-2

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Barman;1273240 wrote: Half time, United 2-0 Wolves.:D

More importantly, Mpumalanga Black Aces 1 - 2 Santos ;)
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Barman

Post by Barman »

kazalala;1273242 wrote: whats the sunderland score:-2

Birmingham1-0BlackburnHT

Bolton0-0West HamHT

Man Utd2-0WolvesL

Sunderland0-1Aston VillaL
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

K.Snyder;1273143 wrote: I'm from Ohio and while I hadn't followed soccer predominantly in the past I've always liked Brian McBride when he played here in Columbus, Ohio(Columbus Crew MLS). So naturally I followed Fulham and the rest is history! Love the game and love everything that is athletic and challenging! LOVE SPORTS!

As an "American" I'd grown up playing American football, baseball, basketball, and hockey and I never played soccer because soccer season was in the middle of American football season so I never played it...

I've grown to LOVE THE SPORT!

Fulham play FC Basel tomorrow and if they win earn a spot in the final 32!

COYW!!!!!!!

Brian McBride played for Everton before he went to Fulham. Good luck to Fulham!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Skylark;1273257 wrote: Brian McBride played for Everton before he went to Fulham. Good luck to Fulham!

Yes he did but I think his spell at Everton was on loan and only for about 3 months...

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Everton | McBride to leave Everton

In retrospect, it was the 2006 World Cup Germany that heightened my interest more so than years prior in soccer/football...

I did watch the 2002 World Cup Japan/Korea and enjoyed it quite well but hadn't exactly had the background in football/soccer to follow the sport more vigorously...

Around the 2006 World Cup Germany is when I began to get sick of hockey, baseball, basketball, and to some degree American football so naturally I took to soccer/football like a herd of buffalo running from the sound of a rifle!

All this despite an overwhelming interest to cheer on Lance Armstrong!

COYW!!!!!!!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Barman;1273250 wrote: Birmingham1-0BlackburnHT

Bolton0-0West HamHT

Man Utd2-0WolvesL

Sunderland0-1Aston VillaL

Birmingham 2 - 0 Blackburn

Bolton 0 - 0 West Ham Utd

Man Utd 2 - 0 Wolves

Sunderland 0 - 2 Aston Villa

so far...

I hadn't realized the league was on today!

Hopefully Bolton and West Ham end as such!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;1273272 wrote: Birmingham 2 - 0 Blackburn

Bolton 0 - 0 West Ham Utd

Man Utd 2 - 0 Wolves

Sunderland 0 - 2 Aston Villa

so far...

I hadn't realized the league was on today!

Hopefully Bolton and West Ham end as such!

Op...

Scratch that!

Man Utd 3 - 0 Wolves

THE GITS! :wah:
Barman

Post by Barman »

Final scores

Birmingham2-1Blackburn

Bolton3-1West Ham

Man Utd3-0Wolves

Sunderland0-2Aston Villa

The minor nobody clubs play tomorrow, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc. :yh_rotfl
freethinkingthuthseeker

Post by freethinkingthuthseeker »

Chelsea tentatively back to winning ways after our slight blip.

Man u were blessed in that wolves fielded their second chioce team apart from the goalie

Bring on wet spam on saturday!

Its going to be a Blue Blue christmas ..... this season

Carefree!:-6
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1273559 wrote: Man u were blessed in that wolves fielded their second chioce team apart from the goalie

There's a bit of strange irony involved in this...

And Mick McCarthy sayeth "I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye, therefore, wise as serpents, and harmless as doves"

...and then later exclaimed "WHAT!??!?!?,..I SAID "I SEND YOU FORTH AS SHEEP IN THE MIDST OF WOLVES" NOT "TUCK YA TAIL BETWEEN YA LEGS AND SCAMPER OFF LIKE A BUNCH OF FLEA RIDDEN MUTS!!!!!!!!!"!!!!!!!!!!
freethinkingthuthseeker

K.Snyder;1273580 wrote: There's a bit of strange irony involved in this...

And Mick McCarthy sayeth "I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye, therefore, wise as serpents, and harmless as doves"

...and then later exclaimed "WHAT!??!?!?,..I SAID "I SEND YOU FORTH AS SHEEP IN THE MIDST OF WOLVES" NOT "TUCK YA TAIL BETWEEN YA LEGS AND SCAMPER OFF LIKE A BUNCH OF FLEA RIDDEN MUTS!!!!!!!!!"!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one and great results today! its going to be a blue christmas this season:-6:-6:-6:-6:-6:-6:-6
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1274362 wrote: Nice one and great results today! its going to be a blue christmas this season:-6:-6:-6:-6:-6:-6:-6

Do you support Chelsea?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1274362 wrote: Nice one and great results today! its going to be a blue christmas this season:-6:-6:-6:-6:-6:-6:-6

I suppose we helped our enemies out Saturday...

Can't say I'm the least bit sad about it! :wah:
freethinkingthuthseeker

I am indeed a carefree Chelsea fan

What aboyt you?

Celery!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1275335 wrote: I am indeed a carefree Chelsea fan

What aboyt you?

Celery!

I'm not quite sure to whom you're asking but I'll answer anyway!

I'm a Fulham fan through and through!

mcnulty07

Post by mcnulty07 »

Arsenal - only seen them play one time in person but it was amazing.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

mcnulty07;1275383 wrote: Arsenal - only seen them play one time in person but it was amazing.

What formation does Arsenal use primarily?

Also, what would you say is Arsenals greatest weakness at the moment?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

K.Snyder;1275402 wrote: What formation does Arsenal use primarily?

I'll take that one :D

A young side that plays football that is great to watch, even for a Chelsea supporter.

Their fault is that every goal has to be "walked" in. It has to be perfect. They over egg the pudding. Sometimes you have to know how to win ugly. It's why they have struggled against the top sides.

Winston Churchill
mcnulty07

Post by mcnulty07 »

K.Snyder;1275402 wrote: What formation does Arsenal use primarily?

Wenger usually uses a 4-4-2 and it's worked well in the past when they've had world class strikers and mids such as Henry and Patrick Vieira and Dennis Bergkamp.

I'd say the biggest weakness right now is youth, like the poster above mentioned.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

mcnulty07;1275454 wrote: Wenger usually uses a 4-4-2 and it's worked well in the past when they've had world class strikers and mids such as Henry and Patrick Vieira and Dennis Bergkamp.

I'd say the biggest weakness right now is youth, like the poster above mentioned.

I'd have thought they'd be more effective using a 4-5-1 with a ss/am slipping up top from time to time.

It's my impression they have a staunch attacking midfield and not so established strike force...But then again that's why I'm asking...
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

K.Snyder;1275614 wrote: I'd have thought they'd be more effective using a 4-5-1 with a ss/am slipping up top from time to time.

It's my impression they have a staunch attacking midfield and not so established strike force...But then again that's why I'm asking...

They're certainly missing Van Persie.

Wenger is without doubt one of the best coaches in the world. He's a whinging git who blames everybody else but himself and his players but he is a good coach. He doesnt compromise on his style of football which is perhaps one of his faults. Its good, attractive counter attack football that entertains most of the time.

The fact of the matter is, they drop points by being a little bit casual at times (trying to walk the ball over the line) and dont seem to show the "animal" side that, say, Man Utd or Chelsea have shown, to grind out a win when things aren't going your way.

However, I do admire the way he brings the youngsters through the system and isnt afraid to blood them, usually in the cup runs.

He's still a moaning, whinging git though

Winston Churchill
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1275335 wrote: I am indeed a carefree Chelsea fan

What aboyt you?

Celery!

I am also a Blue, Everton and Happy Christmas to all you footie fans! xx
freethinkingthuthseeker

Blessings gfrom me too but I wonder who will be happy this time tomorrow after the boxing day matches

Carefree!:guitarist
redman

Post by redman »

The Nations favourites MANCHESTER UNITED Champions
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

redman;1301228 wrote: The Nations favourites MANCHESTER UNITED Champions

Well at least your local. Most of your fans are all down here. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the match against us tomorow ? It could be the deciding match could it not ?

Winston Churchill
redman

Post by redman »

Snowfire;1301229 wrote: Well at least your local. Most of your fans are all down here. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the match against us tomorow ? It could be the deciding match could it not ?

It should be very interesting as we are going for a 4th. title. are you confident ?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

redman;1301243 wrote: It should be very interesting as we are going for a 4th. title. are you confident ?

Well, we dont have a bad record at Old Trafford and now Rooney isnt playing and we've had a rest, I'm a little bit confident. We have to be at the top of our game. No point in being shrinking violets.

Having said all that we still have to play Liverpool and Tottenham so if you lost it wouldnt be the end of the world for you. That draw we had against Blackburn recently could be very telling. Your still favourites to retain the title . Yet again :rolleyes:

Winston Churchill
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Manchester United 1

Chelsea 2

Scorer: Macheda (80)

Scorer: Cole (19)

Scorer: Drogba (78)

Attendance: 75,217 FT (14:38)

Didier Drogba's controversial winner allowed Chelsea to shrug Manchester United aside and put themselves back in pole position in the Barclays Premier League title race. Barclays Premier League Results and Match Reports on the Official Site of the Premier League | 03 April 2010, Man Utd 1 - 2 Chelsea

Anyone watch this match? I missed it :(
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

K.Snyder;1301460 wrote: Anyone watch this match? I missed it :(

I watched it, of course.

Well deserved win, although Drogba's goal was clearly offside. By far the better side in the first half. Macheda's goal was handball. Both sides should have had a penalty. Malouda was the Man of the Match

It's clear we gained an advantage through not having played in the Champions League during the week and the fact that Rooney was injured and didnt play. Man U looked a yard or so short in the first half and must have got the "hairdryer " treatment at half time because they upped their game considerably for the first 20 minutes of the second half.

Arsenal were fortunate, scoring in injury time at the end of the second half against 10 men Wolves.

So all in all, a good weekend for the neutral. Its still very close. Chelsea have the most difficult last 5 games, we have to go to Liverpool and Tottenham. We have to wain all 5 games to win the title. Difficult but not impossible

Winston Churchill
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1301470 wrote: I watched it, of course.

Well deserved win, although Drogba's goal was clearly offside. By far the better side in the first half. Macheda's goal was handball. Both sides should have had a penalty. Malouda was the Man of the Match

It's clear we gained an advantage through not having played in the Champions League during the week and the fact that Rooney was injured and didnt play. Man U looked a yard or so short in the first half and must have got the "hairdryer " treatment at half time because they upped their game considerably for the first 20 minutes of the second half.

Arsenal were fortunate, scoring in injury time at the end of the second half against 10 men Wolves.

So all in all, a good weekend for the neutral. Its still very close. Chelsea have the most difficult last 5 games, we have to go to Liverpool and Tottenham. We have to wain all 5 games to win the title. Difficult but not impossible
I'd watched a proportion of Sunderland vs Totty Wotty and Tottenham's defense wasn't exactly stellar. Do you play those two at home?

In any case I have to say that Hull beating Fulham 2-0 was disheartening in a very extreme manner but they did beat Wolfsburg 2-1 and played very well as is with the entire Europa League. They did give up a goal in that game in the 88' I believe(I left for a short second as I had to hurry to get ready for school only to come back to a score of 2-1 :yh_sick!).

Very pleased with Fulham at the moment and Roy Hodgson is an absolute star of a manager I hope he's fallen in LOVE with Fulham so that he might stay as long as possible :yh_wink :yh_wink
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

K.Snyder;1301472 wrote: I'd watched a proportion of Sunderland vs Totty Wotty and Tottenham's defense wasn't exactly stellar. Do you play those two at home?

In any case I have to say that Hull beating Fulham 2-0 was disheartening in a very extreme manner but they did beat Wolfsburg 2-1 and played very well as is with the entire Europa League. They did give up a goal in that game in the 88' I believe(I left for a short second as I had to hurry to get ready for school only to come back to a score of 2-1 :yh_sick!).

Very pleased with Fulham at the moment and Roy Hodgson is an absolute star of a manager I hope he's fallen in LOVE with Fulham so that he might stay as long as possible :yh_wink :yh_wink

You should quite rightly be proud of Hodgsons's achievment at Fulham, in both the Prem and in the Europa League. I'd like nothing else better than seeing Fulham win a European trophy

There are no easy games at the end of the season. Everybody is fighting for something - Champions League places, Europa League places, relagation, or rather the avoidance of it. Its when the lower clubs just "go for it" and some upsets and tears will be inevitable.

Chelsea have to travel to Spurs and Liverpool, 2 tough matches but Man Utd have to go to Man City. What a match that could be

Sticking my kneck out

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Arsenal

4. Man City ( wish I could say Spurs but...)

I didnnt see any of the Sunderland v Spurs but I watch Sky Sports News live and by the sounds of it , it could of been much, much worse for Spurs. 2 penalties saved and a perfectly good goal dissallowed for the Black Cats

Winston Churchill
freethinkingthuthseeker

Yes a well deserved win for Chelsea, we bossed Manure for a lot of the game and it is now ours to lose, hope Carlo keeps the same formation and gives SFL the same degree of freedom and Joey plenty more time on the pitch, agree malouda MOM

Next up Villa in the cup and the double is on for us!

Carefree!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1301476 wrote: You should quite rightly be proud of Hodgsons's achievment at Fulham, in both the Prem and in the Europa League. I'd like nothing else better than seeing Fulham win a European trophy

There are no easy games at the end of the season. Everybody is fighting for something - Champions League places, Europa League places, relagation, or rather the avoidance of it. Its when the lower clubs just "go for it" and some upsets and tears will be inevitable.

Chelsea have to travel to Spurs and Liverpool, 2 tough matches but Man Utd have to go to Man City. What a match that could be

Sticking my kneck out

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Arsenal

4. Man City ( wish I could say Spurs but...)

I didnnt see any of the Sunderland v Spurs but I watch Sky Sports News live and by the sounds of it , it could of been much, much worse for Spurs. 2 penalties saved and a perfectly good goal dissallowed for the Black Cats

Actually that's rather "on par", as you Brits would say, with my prediction earlier in the year... Here... http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/1260909-post347.html

I'll go have a look at the standings as of now to see how close I may potentially be...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;1301579 wrote: Actually that's rather "on par", as you Brits would say, with my prediction earlier in the year... Here... http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/1260909-post347.html

I'll go have a look at the standings as of now to see how close I may potentially be...

I never expected West Ham to struggle as they have this year but I suppose that goes to show how much team chemistry and the club office has an effect on the players...

Return to “Wide World of Sports”