Who do you support? - Football/Soccer

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Ok, I'm sick of not remembering let alone not knowing what team you support all whom follow the sport of football/soccer so I ask...

What football/soccer team do you support?

If you support more than one you can mention them as well, albeit at your own risk:sneaky:! :wah: :yh_wink :yh_kiss<-------For The Ladies!...:wah:

:yh_wink

:yh_sungla

I'll begin!

I support Fulham FC! of the English premier League! :yh_wink :yh_kiss<-------For The Ladies...:sneaky: :wah:

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I have been a Chelsea FC supporter since I was 7 years old. So thats 46 years.

I am not a season ticket holder as I have too many commitments but am a full member and get to see them at the Bridge as often as I am able, usually a weekday cup game or a Champions League match, when I can get a ticket
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1268546 wrote: I have been a Chelsea FC supporter since I was 7 years old. So thats 46 years.

I am not a season ticket holder as I have too many commitments but am a full member and get to see them at the Bridge as often as I am able, usually a weekday cup game or a Champions League match, when I can get a ticket

That makes us mortal enemies! :wah:

So sorry we can't speak any longer! :wah:

And for the record, I started to follow Fulham FC in 2005 because McBride is my favorite player. True professional both on and off the pitch!
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

K.Snyder;1268548 wrote: That makes us mortal enemies! :wah:

So sorry we can't speak any longer! :wah:

And for the record, I started to follow Fulham FC in 2005 because McBride is my favorite player. True professional both on and off the pitch!

Traditionally we are rivals ( we are extremely close geographically) but honestly for the last 30 odd years it been mostly Fulham regarding us as rivals rather than the other way round. Speak to any Chelsea supporter and they will all have different opinions as to who "the enemy" is. For me it is Arsenal, others Spurs or West Ham.

For Abbey ( Man Utd ), it will be them Scouse gits Liverpool no doubt along with Man City obviously :D

I just love watching good football and the premiership is lucky to be graced with some great footballers from around the world. McBride is generally regarded as a very good professional footballer here

Personally I regard Brad Friedel as one of your very best exports. Top goalkeeper

Winston Churchill
Barman

Post by Barman »

Manchester United, the greatest team on the planet. Since i was an infant, am now 53 so a bloody long time.

Plymouth Argyle for the same amount of time. I do wonder why sometimes.:wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Sunderland:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

The Foxes - Leicester :-)

After them the Tigers - Leicester :-)
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Ross County - 1st Division Scottish League, Scotland (worst International team in the world) and Brazil (possibly the best......
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It's called SOCCER not football!!!!

Manni United !!!! My mother made sure of it.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

fuzzywuzzy;1268720 wrote: It's called SOCCER not football!!!!

Manni United !!!! My mother made sure of it.

Go wash your mouth out. Football. Always was, always is, always will be

Winston Churchill
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

No no snowfire ...................I'ts not an insult to call it Soccer . I believe it's an important and prestigious game and it should be set apart from all other manners of generic football.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1268725 wrote: No no snowfire ...................I'ts not an insult to call it Soccer . I believe it's an important and prestigious game and it should be set apart from all other manners of generic football.

It's like The Open - all other games have to be qualified but Football is Football :-)
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

fuzzywuzzy;1268725 wrote: No no snowfire ...................I'ts not an insult to call it Soccer . I believe it's an important and prestigious game and it should be set apart from all other manners of generic football.

:wah: Which is why we should call it football. To keep it prestigious.

We just tend to shun the word soccer here. We probably see it as an Americanisation of our glorious game. A bit anal maybe

They'll be wanting to stop the play every 5 minutes so we can go to the commercials ;)

Winston Churchill
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh I see .No it's always been Soccer in australia because we have so many other forms of football I guess.

I like the word soccer ....never seen it as American though, It's been "soccer" for me for 40 years ( before Amercanisms inandated our society) . I'm pretty sure they refer to it as "football" over there. Might be wrong.

we're in the running for the world cup at some stage but FIFA wanted us to refer to it as "football" it hasn't gone down well here.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

My favorite team.....................

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Could care less about either...I'm a Phillie's baseball chick & a Boston Red Sox fan:wah:
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Isn't it weird how we like to keep sports pure in our own ways.
dubs

Post by dubs »

Tottenham Hotspur. A team in the English Premier League.

Attached files

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1268562 wrote: Traditionally we are rivals ( we are extremely close geographically) but honestly for the last 30 odd years it been mostly Fulham regarding us as rivals rather than the other way round. Speak to any Chelsea supporter and they will all have different opinions as to who "the enemy" is. For me it is Arsenal, others Spurs or West Ham.

For Abbey ( Man Utd ), it will be them Scouse gits Liverpool no doubt along with Man City obviously :D

I just love watching good football and the premiership is lucky to be graced with some great footballers from around the world. McBride is generally regarded as a very good professional footballer here

Personally I regard Brad Friedel as one of your very best exports. Top goalkeeper

Yes Brad Friedel is very good but I've personally seen more of Tim Howard and can't imagine we have a better goalkeeper for the USA at the moment.

But all in all I think we regard Chelsea as our rivals because Fulham resented them coming along, after Fulham was already established mind you! :yh_wink :wah:, and because Chelsea seems to have had greater success such only added fuel to the fire.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;1268708 wrote: The Foxes - Leicester :-)

After them the Tigers - Leicester :-)

I'd followed their game against Scunthorpe the last they played(roughly a few days ago I cannot remember exactly) and was wondering how in the world they gave up the equalizer! I was shocked!

PS: If I've brought about a bout of depression I apologize in advance! :wah:

*EDIT* Oh, I could only follow on match tracker so this is why I didn't see it.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1268733 wrote: :wah: Which is why we should call it football. To keep it prestigious.

We just tend to shun the word soccer here. We probably see it as an Americanisation of our glorious game. A bit anal maybe

They'll be wanting to stop the play every 5 minutes so we can go to the commercials ;)

Alot of people do not realize that American football is English football. The difference is in how we play it. I know that sounds obvious and stupid but bear with me! :wah:

When one realizes that it's the same game just played differently then they don't see it as an insult. It was only after Americans began to be interested in the game in how the rest of the world plays football that we had to call it soccer. All it is is a cultural difference in how we played the game as opposed to trying to be different rather difference was merely the end result that's all.

We did kick the ball around we just are short tempered and impatient and thus you get one of the backs picking the ball up and running down the field with it(impatience) ultimately ending in the other team pummeling the s:lips: out of the guy(short tempered) hence "American Football"! :yh_wink :wah:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I forgot to mention that I also follow Rangers FC because of Demarcus Beasley but I don't catch many of their games. I watch them from time to time when waiting to see Fulham! :yh_wink
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I found this in American Soccer/European Football and will post it here.

A lot of the posters here from britain are big soccer heads as most men are, and plenty of girls as well. For example.

Galbally-Aston Villa

Uncle Kram-Aston Villa

Arnoldlayne-Chelsea

Abbey-Man Utd

Hamster-Leeds United

Diretic-Arsenal (he is an aussie, but people from all over the world support premier league teams)http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/515576-post17.html
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;1268919 wrote: Alot of people do not realize that American football is English football. The difference is in how we play it. I know that sounds obvious and stupid but bear with me! :wah:

When one realizes that it's the same game just played differently then they don't see it as an insult. It was only after Americans began to be interested in the game in how the rest of the world plays football that we had to call it soccer. All it is is a cultural difference in how we played the game as opposed to trying to be different rather difference was merely the end result that's all.

We did kick the ball around we just are short tempered and impatient and thus you get one of the backs picking the ball up and running down the field with it(impatience) ultimately ending in the other team pummeling the s:lips: out of the guy(short tempered) hence "American Football"! :yh_wink :wah:

I'd always seen the progression as Football to Rugby Football (Union) to Rugby Football (League) to American Football with Aussie Rules coming out of the Gaelic game but then, I've no idea when American Football started to be played.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;1268969 wrote: I'd always seen the progression as Football to Rugby Football (Union) to Rugby Football (League) to American Football with Aussie Rules coming out of the Gaelic game but then, I've no idea when American Football started to be played.

HISTORY OF *(American)FOOTBALL Many football historians place the origin of football in rugby, which began entirely by chance in 1823 at the famous Rugby boys' school in England (see Rugby). But at the time American students at Princeton University were already playing a game they called "ballown," in which they used their fists, and later their feet, to advance the ball. The freshman and sophomore classes at Harvard competed in a type of football game on the first Monday of each school year called Bloody Monday because the game was so rough. Organized football began earlier in high schools than in colleges, with games on the Boston Common starting in about 1860. A 17-year-old student organized the Oneida Football Club of Boston, which played between 1862 and 1865. Colleges began to organize football games after the American Civil War ended in 1865. The so-called Princeton rules were established in 1867, with 25 players on each team. The first football was patented that year. Rutgers College also established football rules in 1867, and its location a short distance from Princeton led the two schools into what has been called the first intercollegiate football game. It was played on Nov. 6, 1869, at Rutgers, but the game was actually more like soccer (see Soccer). Rutgers won that historic game, 6 goals to 4. For the next few years some colleges continued to play the soccer-type game. In 1871 Harvard students began playing the so-called "Boston Game," which included elements of rugby (the player could pick up the ball and, if pursued, run with it) and soccer (kicking a round ball was still essential). Two years later representatives of Columbia, Princeton, Rutgers, and Yale met in New York City to formulate the first intercollegiate football rules for the soccer-style game. (Harvard chose not to attend because its playing rules were different.) Next McGill University of Montreal challenged Harvard to a series of games. The schools played two games at Harvard in the spring of 1874 the first with Harvard rules, and the second with Canadian rugby rules, using the egg-shaped ball. After the McGill games Harvard challenged Yale to a football game that was played under mixed soccer and rugby rules in November 1875. In 1876 Yale, Princeton, Harvard, and Columbia established the Intercollegiate Football Association, which set the size of the field at 140 by 70 yards and the number of players on a team at 15. The evolution from the rugby-style game to what became the modern game of American football began under the direction of Walter Camp, the Yale coach who is known as the Father of American Football. Yale had not officially joined the association until 1879 because it was holding out for 11-man teams. Led by Camp, the rules committee soon cut the number of players per side from 15 to 11. The committee also cut the size of the field to 110 by 53 yards. In addition, Camp instituted a type of scrimmage in which a player snapped the ball back by kicking it to the quarterback. In 1882 Camp also introduced the system of downs. (At first, a team had three downs to advance the ball 5 yards or give up possession; the number of yards was changed to 10 in 1906, and the fourth down was added in 1912.) Tackling below the waist was legalized in 1888. Professional football began in 1895, in Latrobe, Pa., after the Intercollegiate Football Association was disbanded in a shambles. Within a decade concern about the increasing brutality of the game led some colleges to ban football. Mass plays, involving such formations as the flying wedge, had seriously injured nearly 180 players, including 18 who were killed. In 1905 President Theodore Roosevelt called on Harvard, Princeton, and Yale to help save the sport. Representatives of 13 Eastern schools met at year-end and agreed on reforms. At a second meeting, attended by more than 60 schools, the group appointed a seven-member Football Rules Committee and set up the Intercollegiate Athletic Association, which five years later became the NCAA. The new rules makers revolutionized football by legalizing the forward pass, which resulted in a more open style of play. They also prohibited all the rough mass plays, and teammates were prohibited from locking arms to clear a path for their ballcarrier. To further minimize mayhem, they reduced the length of the game from 70 to 60 minutes and established the neutral zone, which separates the teams by the length of the ball before each play begins. http://library.thinkquest.org/3369/football/history.htm

*EDITED for accuracy

Also,

History of American football

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The History of American football, a spectator sport in the United States, can be traced to early versions of rugby football. Both games have their origin in varieties of football played in the United Kingdom in the mid-19th century, in which a ball is kicked at a goal and/or run over a line.

American football resulted from several major divergences from rugby, most notably the rule changes instituted by Walter Camp, considered the "Father of American Football". Among these important changes were the introduction of the line of scrimmage and of down-and-distance rules.[1][2][3] In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, gameplay developments by college coaches such as Eddie Cochems, Amos Alonzo Stagg, Knute Rockne, and Glenn "Pop" Warner helped take advantage of the newly introduced forward pass. The popularity of collegiate football grew as it became the dominant version of the sport in the United States for the first half of the twentieth century. Bowl games, a college football tradition, attracted a national audience for collegiate teams. Bolstered by fierce rivalries, college football still holds widespread appeal in the US.

The origin of professional football can be traced back to 1892, with William "Pudge" Heffelfinger's $500 contract to play in a game for the Allegheny Athletic Association against the Pittsburgh Athletic Club. In 1920 the American Professional Football Association was formed. This league changed its name to the National Football League (NFL) two years later, and eventually became the major league of American football. Primarily a sport of Midwestern industrial towns in the United States, professional football eventually became a national phenomenon. Football's increasing popularity is usually traced to the 1958 NFL Championship Game, a contest that has been dubbed the "Greatest Game Ever Played". A rival league to the NFL, the American Football League (AFL), began play in 1960; the pressure it put on the senior league led to a merger between the two leagues and the creation of the Super Bowl, which has become the most watched television event in the United States on an annual basis.History of American football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're correct it was much more similar to rugby.

History of soccer in the U.S.

It is often claimed that the Oneida Football Club of Boston, Massachusetts, founded in 1862 was the first club to play soccer outside the United Kingdom. However, the club could not have been playing soccer, as they were formed before The Football Association formulated the rules in England; it is not known what rules the club used, and it broke up within the space of a few years. According to Encyclopædia Britannica, the club is often credited with inventing the "Boston Game", which both allowed players to kick a round ball along the ground, and to pick it up and run with it. The first U.S. match known to have been inspired by FA rules was a game between Princeton University and Rutgers University on November 6, 1869, which was won by Rutgers 6-4. The FA rules were followed in the Princeton-Rutgers contest: participants were only allowed to kick the ball and each side had 25 players. Other colleges emulated this development, but all of these were converted to rugby by the mid-1870s and would soon become famous as early bastions of American football.

Early soccer leagues in the U.S. mostly used the name "football," for example: the American Football Association (founded in 1884), the American Amateur Football Association (1893), the American League of Professional Football (1894), the National Association Foot Ball League (1895), and the Southern New England Football League (1914). However, the word "soccer" was beginning to catch on, and the Saint Louis Soccer League was a significant regional competition between 1907 and 1939. What is now the U.S. Soccer was originally the United States Football Association, formed in 1913 by the merger of the American Football Association and the American Amateur Football Association. The governing body of the sport in the U.S. did not have the word soccer in its name until 1945, when it became the United States Soccer Football Association. It did not drop the word football from its name until 1974, when it became the United States Soccer Federation.

Two more soccer leagues were started in 1967, the United Soccer Association and the National Professional Soccer League. These merged to form the North American Soccer League in 1968, which survived until 1984. The NASL also ran an indoor league in the latter years.[8] Indoor soccer was a great success in the 1980s and 1990s, in part due to the effort of the NASL. When the NASL (both outdoor and indoor) folded, other leagues, including the Major Indoor Soccer League stepped in to meet the demand. Twenty-five years hence, the latest version of the MISL folded, and was replaced by the National Indoor Soccer League, the Professional Arena Soccer League, and the Xtreme Soccer League.Soccer in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;1268973 wrote: Mass plays, involving such formations as the flying wedge, had seriously injured nearly 180 players, including 18 who were killed.http://library.thinkquest.org/3369/football/history.htm

And you people wonder why we wear pads...tsk tsk, shame on you! :wah: :yh_wink
freethinkingthuthseeker

Post by freethinkingthuthseeker »

Greetings to all my fav team is Chelsea FC fom the English Prem playing for fun tonight in the european champions league.

I have no idea why any other game is called Football as this is the only game that is really predominantly played with the feet hence foot and a round ball hence football.

Modern football is very entertaining most of the time unlike back in the day when many games were much slower and poorer.

Carefree!
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

i'm a spurs fan :thinking:

tottenham hotspur :)

a london team always promising loads but never quite delivering the goods :D:D
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I am a Chelsea Supporter but I support my home team more. The Seagulls... Brighton and Hove Albion.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Go Broncos!!

Attached files
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1270981 wrote: Greetings to all my fav team is Chelsea FC fom the English PremGreetings! We're mortal enemies! :wah:

freethinkingthuthseeker;1270981 wrote: playing for fun tonight in the european champions league.Interestingly put! :yh_rotfl

freethinkingthuthseeker;1270981 wrote:

I have no idea why any other game is called Football as this is the only game that is really predominantly played with the feet hence foot and a round ball hence football.

Well this statement blatantly highlights what I've said about American Football being the same game as World Football, figuratively speaking, while the differences lying within the rules quintessentially...Americans played World Football we just changed the dynamics that's all...It's why it's called American Football. American Football wasn't invented so much that we altered the game of World Football to put it bluntly

freethinkingthuthseeker;1270981 wrote:

Modern football is very entertaining most of the time unlike back in the day when many games were much slower and poorer. This brings about a very good question...

Does anyone feel that Football/Soccer will see a much higher variety of skillful players in the future as statistics suggest or does everyone feel that players playing Soccer/Football are as skilled as anyone can possibly be?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;1271098 wrote: does everyone feel that players playing Soccer/Football are as skilled as anyone can possibly be?

Were that so then all passes would go to the intended receipient rather than to a member of the opposing side and all shots would be on target - not threatening the corner flag
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;1271184 wrote: Were that so then all passes would go to the intended receipient rather than to a member of the opposing side and all shots would be on target - not threatening the corner flag

My emphasis being primarily the question "is it possible for one to never have their shots or passes go astray?"...A percentage as opposed to "never" per se...

For instance do you, among others, feel that there will never be a better player in the history of the game than today? Obviously I personally feel the best players in the game of Soccer/Football is only defined as such pertaining to each individual position...

I wouldn't compare, for instance, Lionel Messi(AM) with Claudia Reina(GK) or Rio Ferdinand with David Beckham...

Quintessentially, is it possible to have a perfect player?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

K.Snyder;1271356 wrote: My emphasis being primarily the question "is it possible for one to never have their shots or passes go astray?"...A percentage as opposed to "never" per se...

For instance do you, among others, feel that there will never be a better player in the history of the game than today? Obviously I personally feel the best players in the game of Soccer/Football is only defined as such pertaining to each individual position...

I wouldn't compare, for instance, Lionel Messi(AM) with Claudia Reina(GK) or Rio Ferdinand with David Beckham...

Wouldnt want the "perfect" player. Much of the success of one player relies on the odd mistakes of others and that is what makes it a contest rather than a computer game. Nothing wrong in celebrating the winning goal because the goal keeper was wrong footed.

As for the player comparisons, you cant even compare Ferdinand with my granny. They are similarly donkey like in their footballing skills :wah:

We can argue all day about who was the best ever player. Its very subjective. I might say Pele, others might suggest Maradonna. Had George Best ever played on the world stage there might never be an arguement at all

Winston Churchill
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1271365 wrote: Wouldnt want the "perfect" player. Much of the success of one player relies on the odd mistakes of others and that is what makes it a contest rather than a computer game. Nothing wrong in celebrating the winning goal because the goal keeper was wrong footed.

As for the player comparisons, you cant even compare Ferdinand with my granny. They are similarly donkey like in their footballing skills :wah:

We can argue all day about who was the best ever player. Its very subjective. I might say Pele, others might suggest Maradonna. Had George Best ever played on the world stage there might never be an arguement at all

Are you suggesting that Pele was just as good, if not better, than say,..Ronaldinho?

I personally think Pele looked great because the world wasn't that great at defending him then...I think Pele would be stuffed in today's game...

So you don't feel that players will get any better than they are today both from a percentage standpoint as well as another Football/Soccer revolutionist?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;1271356 wrote: My emphasis being primarily the question "is it possible for one to never have their shots or passes go astray?"...A percentage as opposed to "never" per se...

I do not ask for every shot to hit the net or every pass to go to the intended recipient but I do ask for a better than 50% success rate - we're currently achieving about 30%.

I also dispute your choice of Rio Ferdinand as a star player - his performance has been shocking since his drugs bust.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;1271383 wrote: I also dispute your choice of Rio Ferdinand as a star player - his performance has been shocking since his drugs bust.

Really?

Well, you'll forgive me as I've only been following the English Premier League for 4 years and most of the time I have difficulty in viewing Fulham's games...:thinking:I sincerely think Al-Fayed has something to do with why I've observed Fulham being the least streamed EPL team in the entire world! MAN I wish I could see more games!

I've always been under the impression that Rio Ferdinand was Englands best defender...Perhaps John Terry then?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

BREDE HANGAAAAALLLLLLLLAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

:yh_rotfl

HE'S A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!

:wah:

FAR BETTER CHOICE!!!!!!!!!! :wah:
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Its difficult to compare todays game with the past. Different boots, much lighter balls, better pitches, better sports medicine, much fitter players.

Pele (and many other 1970 Brazillian World Cup squad) would compare with todays players given the same parameters

Best certainly would.

Its as well to remember that good football, as any sport, is as much about decision making as anything else. How many times do we put our hands to our heads because a player makes the wrong pass ?

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;1271387 wrote: Really?

Well, you'll forgive me as I've only been following the English Premier League for 4 years and most of the time I have difficulty in viewing Fulham's games...:thinking:I sincerely think Al-Fayed has something to do with why I've observed Fulham being the least streamed EPL team in the entire world! MAN I wish I could see more games!

I've always been under the impression that Rio Ferdinand was Englands best defender...Perhaps John Terry then?

Ferdinand was good but makes too many mistakes.

Terry is good and I've always liked Wes Brown but he's not everyone's cup of tea.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Bryn Mawr;1271395 wrote: Ferdinand was good but makes too many mistakes.

Terry is good and I've always liked Wes Brown but he's not everyone's cup of tea.

I would agree but of course I am biased

I always saw Ferdinand as a decent ball player but not as a central defender. More a sweeper, someone not afraid to carry the ball forward. Like a Viera

Winston Churchill
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1271393 wrote: How many times do we put our hands to our heads because a player makes the wrong pass ?

That depends on what team you support, mate! :yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

K.Snyder;1271400 wrote: That depends on what team you support, mate! :yh_rotfl

You more than me than eh ? Got a headache ? :D

Winston Churchill
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1271403 wrote: You more than me than eh ? Got a headache ? :D

Naaaahhh!!!!!!

We got that boy Clint Dempsey,..

he's better than Drogba don't ya know! :wah:

How's that ole saying go!?!??!?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Ah yes,..

He scores with his left,

He scores with his right,

That boy Clint Dempsey,

Makes Drogba look s*ite!
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

K.Snyder;1268542 wrote: Ok, I'm sick of not remembering let alone not knowing what team you support all whom follow the sport of football/soccer so I ask...

What football/soccer team do you support?

If you support more than one you can mention them as well, albeit at your own risk:sneaky:! :wah: :yh_wink :yh_kiss

You could have picked a better team! :(

I support a Blue team in the English premier!
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

My favourite player is Arteta!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Skylark;1271451 wrote: You could have picked a better team! :(

I support a Blue team in the English premier!Skylark;1271452 wrote: My favourite player is Arteta!

Everton eh?

I don't have a huge grudge with Everton...Everton's #1 goalkeeper is our #1 Goalkeeper (USA) so...
freethinkingthuthseeker

Post by freethinkingthuthseeker »

K.Snyder;1271400 wrote: That depends on what team you support, mate! :yh_rotfl

Too right especilly if its Chelsea.

BTW does anyone think Liverplod have lost the plot?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1271549 wrote: Too right especilly if its Chelsea.

BTW does anyone think Liverplod have lost the plot?

Not doing too well at the moment are they - might struggle to get back into Europe next year at this rate.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1271549 wrote: ...BTW does anyone think Liverplod have lost the plot?

Bryn Mawr;1271552 wrote: Not doing too well at the moment are they - might struggle to get back into Europe next year at this rate.

I don't know how anyone can expect a team of any caliber to do well if Benitez insists on switching the players around like a cup of dice!

I think he's gotten too complacent and thinks he can win by philosophizing the sport and guess what Beni!??!?!? WRONG!

Return to “Wide World of Sports”