did everyones football team win today?

Discuss all types of sports.
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

not mine, they seem to s*** everytime they are ahead they blow it. that would be the giants.:(
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

My team plays on Monday Night Football tomorrow at 8:30 pm eastern.

Cincinnati.

But I will say, I couldn't be happier that Jacksonville lost, as they were tied with Cincinnati for the Wild Card race.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Tater Tazz;489559 wrote: not mine, they seem to s*** everytime they are ahead they blow it. that would be the giants.:(

I'm watching that game now...

and Carla and I were discussing it in the Nfl 2006 thread.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

My team is on Sunday Night Football the #1 CHARGERS play KC GO CHARGERS..:-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

What the hell is this supposed to mean ? :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Yes. The Bills shut out the Dolphins 21-0 > But unfortunatly we could not watch it...it was blacked out. Oh well.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Marie5656;489687 wrote: Yes. The Bills shut out the Dolphins 21-0 > But unfortunatly we could not watch it...it was blacked out. Oh well.

The Bills occasionally show a very promising future...

Unfortunately they have to play a red hot Tennessee team, as well as finishing their season against Baltimore...but they will have to win both games in order to make the playoffs, and from my own knowledge of the game, it's a slim chance. Baltimore's Defense is just too good, and their offense with the incorporation of Steve McNair definitely deserves respect. Although, McNair was injured today, so anythings possible.

Buffalo is good though.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

K I agree with you about Buffalo. They are a young team...and my husband thinks that if they keep going like this, they will look pretty promising in another season or two.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Marie5656;489756 wrote: K I agree with you about Buffalo. They are a young team...and my husband thinks that if they keep going like this, they will look pretty promising in another season or two.

It's not a question of if, it's a question of win...If Buffalo can have a decent draft for next year they will be expected to consistently contend for not just a Wild Card birth, but for the division title as well...They are actually in one of the two toughest divisions in the league, so there's no shame in getting through from the Wild Card spot at all.
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

i think the giants need to fire most of the team and get new ones. ha ha:wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

My team won it wasn't pretty but with LT and our defense we will win game even if our QB isn't on his game..:-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

You guys are talking about your NFL (is that right?) If so, I see that they show live games over here, so I thought I would have a peek. Must say I had no idea what was going on, but it was fun viewing none the less! :p
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

The New England Patriots beat the Houston Oilers on Sunday afternoon -- we killed them! But then again, when we play badly we REALLY play badly!

I think we can clinch our division with a win next weekend :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

cherandbuster;490046 wrote: The New England Patriots beat the Houston Oilers on Sunday afternoon -- we killed them! But then again, when we play badly we REALLY play badly!

I think we can clinch our division with a win next weekend :-6

I know you're probably used to saying Oilers when you think of Houston from all of the years they have been in the league, but Houston has changed their name to the Texans. ;)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

chrisb84uk;490040 wrote: You guys are talking about your NFL (is that right?) If so, I see that they show live games over here, so I thought I would have a peek. Must say I had no idea what was going on, but it was fun viewing none the less! :p

Yeah, some people have the habit of saying football because that's what we call it, and in regards to European football, we generally only call that soccer,..

but people will remind themselves that there are Europeans on this forum and hopefully change about what they call the game...

It's just a habit really.

Anytime you see the word "football" people should then look at their location to the left, and see whether or not they are from America or not, and then make your presumption then. :wah:
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

K.Snyder;490061 wrote: Yeah, some people have the habit of saying football because that's what we call it, and in regards to European football, we generally only call that soccer,..

but people will remind themselves that there are Europeans on this forum and hopefully change about what they call the game...

It's just a habit really.

Anytime you see the word "football" people should then look at their location to the left, and see whether or not they are from America or not, and then make your presumption then. :wah:

Yeah I assumed that. I know though that when I was in the States, though showed nothing or very little of our British football, and yet over here we show several NFL matches every week, which I just thought was surprising. Mind you I was in a hotel room, and they only had a few channels, so I guess that's probably why.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

chrisb84uk;490073 wrote: Yeah I assumed that. I know though that when I was in the States, though showed nothing or very little of our British football, and yet over here we show several NFL matches every week, which I just thought was surprising. Mind you I was in a hotel room, and they only had a few channels, so I guess that's probably why.

Yeah,

on digital cable they show soccer all day 24/7...but as far as standard cable(which is what the majority of America has)soccer is rarely shown, and if it is, then it is MLS.

But that doesn't really say much, because Auto racing is one of the top sports in America, and while standard cable shows the Nextel Cup series races every sunday, Speedvision(Which shows all types of racing) is only available through digital cable as well(or any other higher priced cable contract).

But about soccer, it is probably about the 5th most liked sport here in America...and if American football is on, not even a mouse would be watching soccer.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

K.Snyder;490052 wrote: I know you're probably used to saying Oilers when you think of Houston from all of the years they have been in the league, but Houston has changed their name to the Texans. ;)

Oops :rolleyes:

I'd better stick with baseball :D
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

cherandbuster;490144 wrote: Oops :rolleyes:

I'd better stick with baseball :D

:wah:
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

I really believe that the giants could'nt buy a ticket to the superbowl!!!:wah: :wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

;) I think your right, but my CHARGERS can ...

[QUOTE]I really believe that the giants could'nt buy a ticket to the superbowl!!![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Philadelphia Eagle

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Yes they did - and in some style too! :)

Philadelphia Eagles 23

Dallas Cowboys 7

The Eagles have clinched a play-off berth and could still win the Division for home field advantage even if they end up tyeing with Dallas as they've beaten Dallas twice this season.

How many more passes will T.O. have to drop before Dallas get fed up ?

Prediction - T.O. will not be wearing a Cowboys uniform next season.

Bill Parcells ? probably stay as Coach but next season may be his last if the Cowboys fail to win anything.

English soccer ? - watched one or two games a few years ago. Found it boring except when the fans all started fighting with each other! :confused:
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

NFL BREAKING NEWS:.............................

The NFL announced today that for financial reasons,they need too eliminate one team from the league.So they have decided too combine the Green Bay Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and form one team,causing many lay offs but saving millions of dollars.

The new team will be known as the TamPacks.

Unfortunately,they're only good for one period and have no second string.

stay tuned for details.

Attached files
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

The Bills lost by one point on Sunday....due to a stupid final play. So they are out of the playoffs for this year. Thier defense needs to get thier stuff together.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:wah: :wah: Love it Sweet..

T.O. won't be wearing a Dallas uniform for sure next years.

I also think Art Shell might not be the RAIDERS coach next season either, unless Al Davis is going be kinder and gentler... :D

[QUOTE]NFL BREAKING NEWS:.............................

The NFL announced today that for financial reasons,they need too eliminate one team from the league.So they have decided too combine the Green Bay Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and form one team,causing many lay offs but saving millions of dollars.

The new team will be known as the TamPacks.

Unfortunately,they're only good for one period and have no second string.

stay tuned for details.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

CARLA;497451 wrote: :wah: :wah: Love it Sweet..

T.O. won't be wearing a Dallas uniform for sure next years.

I also think Art Shell might not be the RAIDERS coach next season either, unless Al Davis is going be kinder and gentler... :D

Thanks,I have been very sick for awhile and i just now am getting back too this place.Just thuoght i would lighten things up a little.
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

I'm afraid not. Aston Villa, the team supported by Galbally & myself got stuffed by Tottenham Hotspur in London. This of course is the beautiful game with a spherical ball as opposed to American football which is played by men with funny-shaped balls ;)

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Uncle Kram;497474 wrote: I'm afraid not. Aston Villa, the team supported by Galbally & myself got stuffed by Tottenham Hotspur in London. This of course is the beautiful game with a spherical ball as opposed to American football which is played by men with funny-shaped balls ;)

I know, I am sick as a parrot, I am, flippin Spurs! Argghhhhh! :-5
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”