Is anyone here love Soccer?

Discuss all types of sports.
danieeeel

Post by danieeeel »

The Americans are probably busy with their NFL , MLB, NHL and so on..

But what about the Europeans in this forum? do you watch Soccer?

the champons league has arrived to the final steps!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Being an American I have grown to like the World Cup tremendously. In fact, I prefer watching the World Cup more than I enjoy watching Baseball, NBA basketball(I prefer to watch college ball), and Hockey.

I have yet to watch the MLS because I prefer to watch the NFL and college football, more than the regular league of soccer here in America, but I can say that I might grow to like it as much as well.

If I'm not mistaken soccer is in the same time frame as the NFL here in America, and I'm afraid that would be the equivalent to terrorizing a dead horse, soccer will never, never be as popular as American Football.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, I love the Guadalajara Chivas. They are my favorite soccer team. I have followed them for years, and have lots of stuff signed by them. :-4

Attached files
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;487205 wrote:

...soccer will never, never be as popular as American Football.

I was speaking mainly about here in America. Obviously those outside the U.S would prefer soccer over American football,..well except for maybe Canada.
danieeeel

Post by danieeeel »

chonsigirl;487210 wrote: Yes, I love the Guadalajara Chivas. They are my favorite soccer team. I have followed them for years, and have lots of stuff signed by them. :-4

Who?! :-2
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

You need to look them up, they are a very popular Mexican soccer team.

I follow them all the time.:)
danieeeel

Post by danieeeel »

You Americans are so differents :)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I love the game have played it as an Adult, Coached it, watched it here in the States since the 70's when they start Recreational League for kids here.

My Neice is on the US Women's National Team, also plays for Stanford University, has been voted best women's defensive play in the country, athlete of the year. Yes we are very proud of her.

She has play in the U19 First ever FIFA Cup in Canada we won. Played the Nordic Cup U21, FIFA Cup U21 you name it she has played all over the world. Hopefully she will be in the 2012 Olympics. She may, just may be in the 2008 Olympics.

I love NFL football it is our American sport and my San Diego Charger are #1 right now and it is looking good for the Super Bowl for us.

I love the game of FOOTBAL (SOCCER) It has been close to my heart for decades..;)

When I can I watch European Soccer love it... as Chrons stated Mexican Soccer is just a Hoot to watch..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Hi Danieel, there are plenty of soccer mad brits and me the Irish-brummie Aston Villa fan here, I saw that Macabi Haifa were in the Champions league this year, or was that last year. I was an Anfield, The Valley, and Villa Park (of course) this year, lifelong villa fan, other European teams I like are Inter Milan, Bayern Munich, and kinda like Barca. Who do you follow, and is the Champions League big in Israel, it must be I'm sure.

Come on you Villains!
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

K.Snyder;487205 wrote: Being an American I have grown to like the World Cup tremendously. In fact, I prefer watching the World Cup more than I enjoy watching Baseball, NBA basketball(I prefer to watch college ball), and Hockey.

I have yet to watch the MLS because I prefer to watch the NFL and college football, more than the regular league of soccer here in America, but I can say that I might grow to like it as much as well.

If I'm not mistaken soccer is in the same time frame as the NFL here in America, and I'm afraid that would be the equivalent to terrorizing a dead horse, soccer will never, never be as popular as American Football.

The Yanks are starting to get much better at the World Cup alright, much more slick and professional as an international team, there are some very good American soccer players in the British Premiership, the Aussies as well, they were great in Germany this year. :)

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree Dr. G to a point, our US men's team has always been a disapointment to me they for the most part just don't seem the the fire within them to Champions like your European team.

Now our US National Women's team could kick the men team into next week, they have the fire in them to win and look good doing it.. :-6

[QUOTE]The Yanks are starting to get much better at the World Cup alright, much more slick and professional as an international team, there are some very good American soccer players in the British Premiership, the Aussies as well, they were great in Germany this year. [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

dubs

Post by dubs »

My team is Tottenham Hotspur,(that's the real SPURS, not those name pinching Texans) and they're in the UEFA cup. They beat Dinamo Bucharest 3-1 to win group B, and will meet Feyenoord in the next round! I don't think there can be many Brit or European fans, as hardly anyone posts in the sports forum. The threads there are mostly about American Football, and it's all in some sort of code! The ones I read were complete Gibberish!!! Gave me a headache......:thinking: :p

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

CARLA;487313 wrote: I agree Dr. G to a point, our US men's team has always been a disapointment to me they for the most part just don't seem the the fire within them to Champions like your European team.

Now our US National Women's team could kick the men team into next week, they have the fire in them to win and look good doing it.. :-6

I wouldn't be too hard on yourselves, after all soccer is not really a big time game in the U.S. like it is here, but you are now managing to create pretty decent international squads, it mustn't be easy for Soccer in the U.S. because the other games are loved much more, and soccer has a low place in the sports hierarchy over there it seems. Of course here its almost a religion, but different strokes and all that, its all good. I still don't understand what is going on in AmericanFootball games though, people tell me its good, I suppose you just have to be brought up with it. :)

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

There are probably more kids playing Soccer here in the Us, then Football our kind, or Baseball. It just doesn't get the recognition that the other 2 sports do. Your right it isn't a passion here for the media, but it will be someday hopefully before I leave this world.

[QUOTE]I wouldn't be too hard on yourselves, after all soccer is not really a big time game in the U.S. like it is here, but you are now managing to create pretty decent international squads, it mustn't be easy for Soccer in the U.S. because the other games are loved much more, and soccer has a low place in the sports hierarchy over there it seems. Of course here its almost a religion, but different strokes and all that, its all good. I still don't understand what is going on in AmericanFootball games though, people tell me its good, I suppose you just have to be brought up with it. [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

danieeeel

Post by danieeeel »

Galbally;487321 wrote: I wouldn't be too hard on yourselves, after all soccer is not really a big time game in the U.S. like it is here, but you are now managing to create pretty decent international squads, it mustn't be easy for Soccer in the U.S. because the other games are loved much more, and soccer has a low place in the sports hierarchy over there it seems. Of course here its almost a religion, but different strokes and all that, its all good. I still don't understand what is going on in AmericanFootball games though, people tell me its good, I suppose you just have to be brought up with it. :)

Now, this is a guy I can understand! :)

I don't familiar with Villa as much as Manchester, Chelsea and Liverpool in England. I follow mosly on Barca and Real.

of course the Champion Leauge big in Israel as most Europe I guess..

Macabi Haifa were in the first stage of the Champions league but they didn't pass.

Now they're in the knockout stage of the UEFA cup . Hapoel Tel Aviv there also.

The draw took place earlier today:

Zulte Waregem v Newcastle

Braga v Parma

Lens v Panathinaikos

Leverkusen v Blackburn

Hapoel Tel Aviv v Rangers

Livorno v Espanyol

Feyenoord v Tottenham

Fenerbahce v AZ Alkmaar

Werder Bremen v Ajax (this should be interesting)

Spartak Moscow v Celta Vigo

CSKA Moscow v Maccabi Haifa (play in Moscow in the winter brrr)

AEK Athens v PSG

Benfica v Dinamo Bucharest

Steaua Bucharest v Sevilla

Shakhtar Donetsk v Nancy

Bordeaux v Osasuna

And the Champions League knockout stages:

Porto v Chelsea

Celtic v Milan

PSV Eindhoven v Arsenal

Lille v Manchester United (I don't think it will be difficult for Manchester to will)

Roma v Lyon

Barcelona v Liverpool ( this will be interesting. Barca were the champion last year and Liverpool 2 years ago)

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich ( what a game should it be)

Inter v Valencia
danieeeel

Post by danieeeel »

dubs;487319 wrote: My team is Tottenham Hotspur,(that's the real SPURS, not those name pinching Texans) and they're in the UEFA cup. They beat Dinamo Bucharest 3-1 to win group B, and will meet Feyenoord in the next round! I don't think there can be many Brit or European fans, as hardly anyone posts in the sports forum. The threads there are mostly about American Football, and it's all in some sort of code! The ones I read were complete Gibberish!!! Gave me a headache......:thinking: :p

Tottenham huh? well, you lucky you don't have to play versus Hapoel Tel Aviv (naa, I'm just kidding, they got Rangers and I doubt they can win)

As long as it related to sports I don't think America and Europe are getting along..
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Galbally;487300 wrote: The Yanks are starting to get much better at the World Cup alright, much more slick and professional as an international team, there are some very good American soccer players in the British Premiership, the Aussies as well, they were great in Germany this year. :)

Yeah, I was really disappointed about their showing in the 2006 World Cup...

although, they tried and that's all that really matters...

well, I would have liked to see them go far,..but you know what I mean...

It's an event I will probably watch for the rest of my life...the hype and anticipation leading up to it is just amazing...what else is to be expected of the most anticipated sporting event in the world?...

4 years is a long fln time.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”