Heisman 2006

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Heisman 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Ok, ok, I'm a man of my word, and I owe it to Troy to retract my ill-confidence in him at the beginning of his college career.

Before anyone thinks that I didn't show confidence in Troy Smiths ability to play quarterback as being wrong, such couldn't be farther from the truth. In Troy smiths first two games of his short career, he was abysmal. He didn't play well at all.

So, I'm here to retract all of that.

I didn't see why Jim Tressel relied so much on Troy Smith and his ability to play quarterback. Obviously he seen something in him that not all of us behind the scenes get to see, a good athlete.

Troy Smith hands down won the 2006 Heisman trophy award for best college football player in the nation. He did it, and is unarguably the right decision.

Do I think Troy Smith will be a superb NFL quarterback? No.

I think Troy Smith might be a good quarterback in the NFL, but I don't think he will live up to the hype of all Heisman trophy winners. He fit a style of play that excelled in the college level, and I believe that will be the extent of that. I have grown to respect Troy Smith, as he gives everything he has on the field, and while it didn't show in the first two games, that's acceptable and everyone realizes the pressure upon being new to that high of a level of competition.

So, I take back that I said he was a bad quarterback, and I say good luck to him in the future.

Here's his stats, and a little news about

Troy Smith 2006 Heisman Trophy Winner

Troy Smith

Ohio State - Troy Smith

Troy Smith - winning the Heisman
K.Snyder

Heisman 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

For anyone who would like to know where and when I voiced my disapproval of Troy Smith here's the thread. Keep in mind that during his first two games, as well as a couple of others, Troy Smith played terribly, and also was the primary reason for Ohio States loss to Penn State two seasons ago.Last year but I'll count this season as a season I guess.

Post number 10.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... Penn+state

Return to “Wide World of Sports”