Fishing

Discuss all types of sports.
TruthBringer

Fishing

Post by TruthBringer »

I just wanted to point out something that I have been thinking about recently.

The fact that men have been using fancy lures and all types of flashy things to attract fish with their poles for as long as fishing has been around for, says something about what type of energy they are truly tapping into.

Think about this for a second guys. Women, who probably don't make up an enormously large percentage of the fishing industry, ARE MASTER FISHERMAN.

Why do I say this? Because Women have been FISHING since the dawn of their creation. In fact, it is a female concept that fisherman use for drawing in their fish. Wave a flashy, exotic looking, hard to resist lure around in the water, and wullah, you have yourself a catch.

Yes, and Women know this all too well don't you guys? Your entire life revolves around "fishing". In almost every aspect.

Women lure everything into their lives on a daily basis. Be it men. Money. Friends, items they wish to aquire, and the list goes on...probably forever.

Men on the other hand, are a different type all-together. Obviously. They are the go-getters, the ones who don't put their faith in their luring abilities, but on the other hand, are actually the FISH that women have become masters at catching.

It's funny really, that men have adapted to using female concepts to catch their food. Women should really be credited with such concepts, because I guarantee you that nobody knows how to lure in a catch like a women does.

Just a little something that has been on my mind lately. I thought I'd toss it out there and see if it made more sense when it was put into writing. =)
Link removed by moderator
RedGlitter

Fishing

Post by RedGlitter »

That's pretty ludicrous in light of the fact that in the animal kingdom, it's the males who do the preening and have the showy feathers and colors. I'm not buying it. :)
koan

Fishing

Post by koan »

You sound a little bitter, TB.

I actually agree with what you say. In part.

I've met a number of women who do exactly what you describe.

All you have to do is get rid of the generalisation part. SOME women. Not all.
Patsy Warnick

Fishing

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I guess Men don't use the right lure on their pole.

Patsy
RedGlitter

Fishing

Post by RedGlitter »

Could there be something wrong with their bobbin, Patsy? :wah:
koan

Fishing

Post by koan »

Also, where are these "go-getter" men?

I'd like one please. :)
Patsy Warnick

Fishing

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Most Men are into ice fishing. or they're just trolling with their pole.

Patsy

Red - I think its Bobbers not bobbins - either way its a sinker
guppy

Fishing

Post by guppy »

i love to fish....:D and i am a girl......
lady cop

Fishing

Post by lady cop »

i thought that the comment was a bit sexist...i've been deep-sea fishing and spearfishing for my entire adult life. even though this may have been an analogy, not meant to be taken literally.
RedGlitter

Fishing

Post by RedGlitter »

TB's post made me think of some "cult" religion (I say cult loosely) but one of those fringe religions...who encouraged their women to go out and "hook" for men. They called it "Fishing for Jesus." The women used sex to lure men into the "church." When I first read TB's post I felt like there might be a little religious jab to women in there (you know, like we're all descendants of the original sinner type of thing, women are evil, whatever.)

ETA: I just decided I won't call you TB...that sounds like a disease. I'm sorry, Truth Bringer.
K.Snyder

Fishing

Post by K.Snyder »

RedGlitter;485767 wrote: Could there be something wrong with their bobbin, Patsy? :wah:

:wah:
K.Snyder

Fishing

Post by K.Snyder »

koan;485769 wrote: Also, where are these "go-getter" men?

I'd like one please. :)

I'm a go-gether. :yh_kiss
TruthBringer

Fishing

Post by TruthBringer »

lol.

Well, I guess I was just putting my thoughts into words, however, if you look at reality, the male energy is more of an aggresive, "I'm coming to get you" type of energy, and the female energy is more of the, "look at me, don't you wan't to get me?" type of energy.

Therefore I have come to the conclusion that men are like the fish who see the shiny lure (a sexy woman) in the water and go right for it without giving it much thought, and women are the fisherman who use their bodies/minds/energy to lure the men onto their hooks (into their lives).

Of course there is an exception to every rule. Lesbians and Gay men for example. Would be something that doesn't quite follow the same type of standard.
Link removed by moderator

Return to “Wide World of Sports”