Go Padres..!!

Discuss all types of sports.
cherandbuster

Go Padres..!!

Post by cherandbuster »

K.Snyder wrote: I would like to see San Diego go to the World Series because I like Carla.

I also would like to see Detroit go to the World Series because I like BR.

But if they both go to the World Series, I hope both teams win three games apiece and tie all the way through 18 innings, and the umpires ultimately call it a draw because I like both of you so much. :rolleyes:

Once again

I'm with you, K!! :guitarist :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

K.Snyder

Go Padres..!!

Post by K.Snyder »

cherandbuster wrote: Once again

I'm with you, K!!

Cher and I will be in the BR/Carla fan club cheering them on. :yh_laugh :yh_clap :yh_flower :yh_wink
chonsigirl

Go Padres..!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, a cliff hanger until tomorrow..............
LilacDragon

Go Padres..!!

Post by LilacDragon »

At the Bottom of the Eighth, it is 8-1 Detroit Tigers!

I have no idea what that means as far as the next step goes - I really hate all sports except U of M football.

BTW - Michigan is whooping on Michigan State. It is a good day!
Sandi

K.Snyder

Go Padres..!!

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon wrote: At the Bottom of the Eighth, it is 8-1 Detroit Tigers!

I have no idea what that means as far as the next step goes - I really hate all sports except U of M football.

BTW - Michigan is whooping on Michigan State. It is a good day!

The first round of playoffs in baseball are a race to 3. From then on they are the best of 7. Pretty much the Yankees have to score 7 runs to tie or 8 to win in one inning, while they barely produced one run in 8 innings, or the Yankees will be out of the playoffs, and Detroit will then advance to the American League Divisional playoffs.

I have just looked and Detroit won the series 3-1 over the Yankees, so they will then play in the American League divisional playoffs.
LilacDragon

Go Padres..!!

Post by LilacDragon »

K.Snyder wrote:

I have just looked and Detroit won the series 3-1 over the Yankees, so they will then play in the American League divisional playoffs.

You mean there is MORE baseball to come!?! Gosh, but baseball is one boring sport. At least in golf, every guy hits the ball.

So how many more games do the Tigers have to win to get the Stanley Cup?
Sandi

K.Snyder

Go Padres..!!

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon wrote: You mean there is MORE baseball to come!?! Gosh, but baseball is one boring sport. At least in golf, every guy hits the ball.

So how many more games do the Tigers have to win to get the Stanley Cup?

:yh_youkid

You're putting me on aren't you? :yh_shame

I find it to be rather dull too about halfway through it, but to go to a game live is really cool, and it also spurs your interest to watch it again on t.v. Plus the tickets are the cheapest of any of the sports we have here, and the kids love the awe of the professionalism.
LilacDragon

Go Padres..!!

Post by LilacDragon »

K.Snyder wrote: :yh_youkid

You're putting me on aren't you? :yh_shame

I find it to be rather dull too about halfway through it, but to go to a game live is really cool, and it also spurs your interest to watch it again on t.v. Plus the tickets are the cheapest of any of the sports we have here, and the kids love the awe of the professionalism.

Are you kidding? This is HOCKEYTOWN, Baby!!

I'm not a hockey fan either, though. It is nice to have the home team do well though.

I was a HUGE basketball fan back when Jordan was playing for the Bulls. It just seems like more and more the athletes are such thugs. All too often you hear some sports star's name on the news for doing something that you wouldn't imagine back when I was in high school.
Sandi

K.Snyder

Go Padres..!!

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon wrote: Are you kidding? This is HOCKEYTOWN, Baby!!

I'm not a hockey fan either, though. It is nice to have the home team do well though.

I was a HUGE basketball fan back when Jordan was playing for the Bulls. It just seems like more and more the athletes are such thugs. All too often you hear some sports star's name on the news for doing something that you wouldn't imagine back when I was in high school.

Michigan? :yh_think

Detroit Red Wings?

I played hockey once....I normally played Football(Am), basketball, and baseball, but being an athlete I wanted to play hockey too...it was just too expensive, as we had to pay for all of the equipment.
LilacDragon

Go Padres..!!

Post by LilacDragon »

K.Snyder wrote: Michigan? :yh_think

Detroit Red Wings?

I played hockey once....I normally played Football(Am), basketball, and baseball, but being an athlete I wanted to play hockey too...it was just too expensive, as we had to pay for all of the equipment.

LOL!

I avoided sports. Well, except for Friday night high school games. I was a band geek.:D

I have a son and I would love for him to play sports. Just not baseball. The thought of having to sit through baseball games gives me nightmares!
Sandi

K.Snyder

Go Padres..!!

Post by K.Snyder »

LilacDragon wrote: LOL!

I avoided sports. Well, except for Friday night high school games. I was a band geek.:D

Nothing geek about being in the band. No one can be labeled a geek unless they let themselves be labeled a geek. Plenty of kids in the band can grow up to play in an orchestra. You dont have to win fights to not be labled a geek, you have to be willing to fight again after you lose. whether its fighting with the mind or the body.
cherandbuster

Go Padres..!!

Post by cherandbuster »

O. K. people! The New York Yankees are *OUT*! :guitarist The Detroit Tigers managed to *sweep* the Yankees in three games.

Yes, life is good :-6

Today the Padres have to win in order to force a 5th game. If they lose, then the St. Louis Cardinals advance to the next round.

So if any of you love Carla, you've GOT to root for San Diego today! :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

CARLA

Go Padres..!!

Post by CARLA »

That's what I'm talking about K and Cher thanks for the support we will need it to bring this one home. :-6 I have to work damit so I will listen from the office till I get home.. GO PADRES Woo Hoo !! the Yankee's are out of it that's the best news I have heard all day.. :D

[QUOTE]I would like to see San Diego go to the World Series because I like Carla.

I also would like to see Detroit go to the World Series because I like BR.

But if they both go to the World Series, I hope both teams win three games apiece and tie all the way through 18 innings, and the umpires ultimately call it a draw because I like both of you so much. [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

cherandbuster

Go Padres..!!

Post by cherandbuster »

Sunday October 8

Time (EST) 7:35 p.m. Padres at Cardinals

Monday October 9

Time (EST) 8:05 p.m. Cardinals at Padres

If the Padres can pull out a victory tonight, they could clinch it in their home stadium. Wouldn't that be beautiful? :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

CARLA

Go Padres..!!

Post by CARLA »

Lovely now I have to decide who to watch the Padres or the Chargers who are on Sunday night Football at 5pm... Oh woooo is me I have 3 TV's I will have each on the different games.. Now I can see them all, I will just stand in the hall way so I can see them all, no that won't work can't see the TV in the living room, back to the drawing board.. :wah:

[QUOTE]Sunday October 8

Time (EST) 7:35 p.m. Padres at Cardinals

Monday October 9

Time (EST) 8:05 p.m. Cardinals at Padres

If the Padres can pull out a victory tonight, they could clinch it in their home stadium. Wouldn't that be beautiful? [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

chonsigirl

Go Padres..!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Yankees stunk last night-big topic this morning on TV news..................:wah:
cherandbuster

Go Padres..!!

Post by cherandbuster »

chonsigirl wrote: Yankees stunk last last-big topic this morning on TV news..................:wah:

I know :D

It's a beautiful thing :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

CARLA

Go Padres..!!

Post by CARLA »

DITTO, loved every horrible minute watching them go down in 3..:-6

[QUOTE]I know

It's a beautiful thing [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

cherandbuster

Go Padres..!!

Post by cherandbuster »

CARLA wrote: DITTO, loved every horrible minute watching them go down in 3..:-6

Their offense was pretty much nonexistent in the last two games

A-Rod was being called K-Rod :D as he struck out three times in Game #3 (including once striking out looking with the bases loaded!)

But I must admit

He is one gorgeous hunk of man

Oh yeah :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

CARLA

Go Padres..!!

Post by CARLA »

Turn out the light the partie is over..:( 3 and out for the Padres..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

cherandbuster

Go Padres..!!

Post by cherandbuster »

Oh well

It was fun while it lasted :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

Return to “Wide World of Sports”