Charger 2-0 In A Big Way..

Discuss all types of sports.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:-4 My CHARGERS are 2-0 in a big way. We skunked the Raider 27-0, and today we beat up on the TITANS 40-7. Not sure what to make of it yet, we are either reallllllllllllllly good, or our schedule is realllllllllllllly easy for a change. I'm going with we are realllllllllllllllly good ... I like my team we have a great huge defense, and a great huge offense, were just great..;) ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Adam Zapple

Post by Adam Zapple »

Yeah, Yeah, but you don't get to play semi-pro teams every week. :wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:wah: :wah: Yes this is true, actually the last two weeks have been what I would call playing POP WARNER teams.. Just two awful teams.. But the CHARGERS are good :cool:

[QUOTE]Yeah, Yeah, but you don't get to play semi-pro teams every week. [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

valerie

Post by valerie »

At least SOMEBODY around here is fortunate enough to have a non-sucky

(I just made that up!) team.

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA wrote: Not sure what to make of it yet, we are either reallllllllllllllly good, or our schedule is realllllllllllllly easy for a change.

Both...(sort of)

Your overall schedule is by no means "easy", however, San Diego's first two games were. Oakland is considered the most struggling franchise in the league right now and Tennessee is going through a rebuilding faze. Tennessee lost their star quarterback to the Baltimore Ravens(Whom you play next after your bye week).

I will say however that the San Diego Chargers are unarguably in the top 5 teams in the NFL. Honestly I favor the Cincinnati Bengals, and I will be the first to tell you that I may be a little biased. I can live with that though. San Diego and Cincinnati have two different styles of play, so I think that makes it much easier for me to say that they could very easily be considered tied for the best team in the NFL, and I don't think that's unreasonable the least little bit.

In the last half of the season San Diego's schedule gets extremely tough. Not to mention that they play the toughest division in the NFL the AFC North, along with their own. They play Cincinnati in week 10 on Nov. 12th, and I can honestly say I am concerned. I'm always optimistic though, as every fan should be.

I myself gave praise to San Diego last year against a lot of skepticism, but they have proved they are an elite team. You have every reason to be optimistic about their chances this year. They are without a doubt a team to beat. Ladainian Tomlinson is always a threat in himself, and Philip Rivers is a very good young QB who is showing his potential....

Your offense will be tested in week four against probably the best defense in the league next to the Chicago Bears, and if you want to know exactly where your team stands you will notice it in that game alone.

I myself will be cheering for them in week four against our division rivals, as a San Diego win means another step towards the Cincinnati Bengals repeating for the AFC North championship, but come Nov.12th Your butts are ours! :wah: (just kidding -- good luck)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

That's what I like about you KS you call it like it is..;) I agree the Bengals and the Chargers are forces to reckon with for sure. It will be a most interesting season.:-6

[QUOTE]I myself will be cheering for them in week four against our division rivals, as a San Diego win means another step towards the Cincinnati Bengals repeating for the AFC North championship, but come Nov.12th Your butts are ours! (just kidding -- good luck)[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA wrote: That's what I like about you KS you call it like it is..;) I agree the Bengals and the Chargers are forces to reckon with for sure. It will be a most interesting season.:-6

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't want to make it seem like those two games were anything shy of impressive. Any time a team blanks a team like that in the NFL, they deserve praise no matter who they play. And to top it off with a 40-7 win against, mind you a rebuilding team, but still an ok team is quite eye catching. But if you want to know the truth, I think the Chargers are so good I expected exactly that to happen. Having said that, I think Rivers being a young quarterback is all the difference in this team, and he holds the key to their potential. I know that isn't very comforting, but in my personal opinion I think he'll do well. I mean they obviously have faith in him by giving up Drew Brees to move that franchize forward.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Just beat them Ratbirds.....;)

I hate them almost as much as the Steelers....

(Ok no other team comes close to how much I hate the Steelers, but they would come in second)

Your bye week is next week, and our bye week is week 4 --

So because your playing one of our division rivals on our bye week, I may actually get to watch the game. I will be cheering along side you in week 4 CARLA...:D

Is it a date? :yh_flower :wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Boy I want us to beat them as well, and the Steelers I want a win in a big way..we shall see. Rivers is young, but he spent 3 years in training behind Drew Brees and that gives him a huge edge.. :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA wrote: Boy I want us to beat them as well, and the Steelers I want a win in a big way..we shall see. Rivers is young, but he spent 3 years in training behind Drew Brees and that gives him a huge edge.. :cool:

Having a veteran quarterback to coach a young QB is the most important thing a rookie can have. Its a big step coming up from college where you're used to playing half of the year against teams that wont produce one starting NFL player in the future. They don't call it the NFL for nothing. ;)

I looked over Rivers' stats last night and I was rather impressed with his 71 percent completion rate after throwing the ball 35 times. Having one of the best running backs in the league, this tells me that the Chargers wanted to see what he could do after throwing so much, and that they have an extreme amount of faith in him.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Hey Guys :)

My New England Patriots are also 2-0 so far. :guitarist

I don't know much about football. What's the impression of the NE Patriots' chances this year?
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Adam Zapple

Post by Adam Zapple »

They are good but not the class of the league as they have been for several years. But still very good.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

cherandbuster wrote: Hey Guys :)

My New England Patriots are also 2-0 so far. :guitarist

I don't know much about football. What's the impression of the NE Patriots' chances this year?

New England is still regarded as a very good football team. Last year New England started the year uncharacteristically slow, which led to much speculation that they were beginning to falter as a team regarded as the best dynasty in football during their impressive Superbowl runs(in which they had won 3 within 4 years I believe). New England was used to starting the season wining and because they went 2-2 to begin the year last year(I believe but not sure) and did so with not quite the swagger they had in the years prior, as well as being plagued with injuries from their star positions, everyone wrote them off as not being a Superbowl threat.

Now with their number one wide Receiver being traded to the Jets, New England is again regarded as just a good football team, with hopes of making it to the playoffs, as opposed to actually knowing they will be there in Dec. Also, they seem to have lost their dominance from game to game, and it shows now that we know what to expect from a team expected to go to the Superbowl.

New England is still a very good football team, the only reason they aren't getting as much attention as they used to is because they set a standard for a way of thinking from all fans of New England, and haven't been living up to those expectations they set after being so successful years ago.

Trust me, as the playoffs get closer everyone will be worrying about the Patriots. Just like they did last year when they finished strong and winning their division. They just lost their swagger that's all.
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

The surprise of the first two weeks is the Baltimore Ravens who acutally seem to have an offense now with Steve McNair..:D
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

zinkyusa wrote: The surprise of the first two weeks is the Baltimore Ravens who acutally seem to have an offense now with Steve McNair..:D

I'm not sold on the Ravens yet, but that doesn't mean I disregard them as a threat to my favorite team....the Cincinnati Bengals. Being their division foe, I am always skeptical, not just because of talent, but sheer determination from each team to want to win divisional games. Divisional games are important because no matter what the teams record, anyone who has the best record in each division gets the chance to go to the Superbowl.

Their defense is great, but I would still like to see them put points on the board against teams that arnt at the bottom of the food chain.

Being in the same division as last years actual division Champs in the Cincinnati Bengals, and last years Superbowl Champs, the Pittsburgh Steelers, on top of having to play them both twice, I am hesitant to give them more praise than they actually deserve thus far in the season.

Lets see how they do in their next game and against San Diego.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder wrote:

Now with their number one wide Receiver being traded to the Jets....

Sorry, New England traded their number one reciever(Deion Branch) to the Seattle Seahawks, not the Jets.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Damn we lost to the Raven's. McNair can pull it out at the last minute for sure..:thinking:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

We beat the Steeler's Woooo Hooo!! :D 23-13 go CHARGERS, Rivers looked very good.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Not happy with the Chargers preformance today. They are just damn lucky they tied it so it would be as embarassing.. I must say Rivers is still impressing me. Sure today he was under great pressure, but he got it together and came from behind, the defense let them win the game...:-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA wrote: Not happy with the Chargers preformance today. They are just damn lucky they tied it so it would be as embarassing.. I must say Rivers is still impressing me. Sure today he was under great pressure, but he got it together and came from behind, the defense let them win the game...:-5

They absolutely did...

Anytime your offense scores over 24 points and don't come away with a win, then the defense should be to blame. Unless of course the offense turns the ball over alot and gives the other team great field position. San Diego is still 4-2...far from having to get worried. ;)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Look like your Bengals squeaked one out today, now were even 4-2-0;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA wrote: Look like your Bengals squeaked one out today, now were even 4-2-0;)

Cincy actually played poorly in the first half with the exception of the touchdown drive that tied the game at 7-7...but on the Panthers' ensuing drive they came right back and scored to make it 14-7 going into the half. Cincy had the ball five times I believe, four of which led to four straight "three and outs"....

But in the second half Cincy came out and dominated...on offense and defense. After producing only about 60 yards in the first half, they came out and drove all over the Panther D', while holding the Panthers in their own territory through the last two quarters as they couldn't find a way to score. Cincy racked up about 290 yards in the last two quarters for 10 points, which was enough to hold the Panthers to a 17-14 win.

What was amazing was Chad Johnson's catch on a fourth and one situation that ended in a diving 30 yard catch on the Panthers' 10 yard line. Carson Palmer hooked up with TJ Houshmandzadeh for a one yard touchdown. Chads catches are the best I've ever seen...
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Bengals are in town in 2 weeks.....................I am sending #1 son to the game while he is visitng me.:)

They are gearing up for that game already, not a ticket in town, I had to finagle alot to get him a seat, but he is going with my friends from church, 2nd row behind the Raven bench.............

I will be at home taking a snooze....................:wah:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

chonsigirl wrote: Bengals are in town in 2 weeks.....................I am sending #1 son to the game while he is visitng me.:)

They are gearing up for that game already, not a ticket in town, I had to finagle alot to get him a seat, but he is going with my friends from church, 2nd row behind the Raven bench.............

I will be at home taking a snooze....................:wah:

Uh oh...

You like the Ravens?

Our division foes...

Should be fun haggling each other during their rival weeks. ;)

Good luck
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I knew you would like that my dear. They are hyped in this town for that game, I think I will actually talk football before the game and post, I want my son to have a good time. He is the football fan, I'm just the Mom....................:wah:

I am in Raven city. But I am a Laker fan..........................:)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Just make sure you let your wide receivers know who they're facing...:wah:

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Now I know why I love basketball.........................:)

My son is excited to see a game, there are no football teams in L.A., so he wants to see one. It was really no choice, it was the Ravens or the Redskins.............and my husband is alseep so I can write this, he loves those Redskins, but they stink this year.

I gave my son a choice of which team, and he said Ravens, and when I told him it was against the Bengals, he was really happy. He knows they are a good team too.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”