Carson Palmer returns...

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by K.Snyder »

Carson Palmer made his first start lastnight on primetime television for Monday Night Football against the Green Bay Packers in Cincinnati. Playing under a sold out crowd at Paul Brown Stadium(whom were all there to see

Palmers return from tearing both his ACL and MCL in his left knee on the second play of last years playoffs).

Palmer lit it up.

After only playing one half of football he went 9-14 for 140 yards and three touchdowns which ended in a 34-7 lead heading into halftime. His knee withstood multiple hits, and upon not knowing he was hurt, no one would have noticed he had reconstructive knee surgery only seven months ago.

Cincinnati continues to break their team records as they accumulated the most points ever in team history in a preseason game in a 48-17 victory over the Packers.

Palmer led all quarterbacks in TD passes as well as passing percentage in 2005, and became the first person to ever record five Fed Ex player of the week awards, in which the next highest count in one year is two. Palmer also tied Peyton Mannings record of nine straight games played with a passer rating higher than 100 in only his third year in the NFL(second year actually playing as he sat out his entire rookie season under Jon Kitna in 2003)

Cincinnati again is a team to look for in January of 2007.....and dont forget you heard it here first stemming from my last year predictions.....http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9069
YZGI

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by YZGI »

He looked awesome. But I don't think Chad Johnson caught a pass did he? Hoosyomamma sure did though.
zinkyusa

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by zinkyusa »

YZGI wrote: He looked awesome. But I don't think Chad Johnson caught a pass did he? Hoosyomamma sure did though.

Wait until the Steelers get at shot him, back to the hospital..:-1
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
K.Snyder

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by K.Snyder »

No Chad didnt catch a pass, but he had only played one half of football as well. I could see the frustration on his face on the sideline. I should remind people that Chad Johnson has led the AFC for all three years he has played in receiving yards, and among some of those games that contributed to that he hadnt caught a pass in the first half.

Cincinnati, in my opinion, has the deepest roster in the National Football League, as well as the best offense. Houshmandzadeh is the best number two wide reciever in the league(some will argue Reggie Wayne, and rightfully so, but I remain firm). T.J. had over 900 receiving yards last year, after sitting out for four games. Carson Palmer has an arsenal, and Pittsburgh is shaking.

They may have to send Keemo Van Oelhoffen in again to try and get the AFC North title back.
zinkyusa

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by zinkyusa »

K.Snyder wrote: No Chad didnt catch a pass, but he had only played one half of football as well. I could see the frustration on his face on the sideline. I should remind people that Chad Johnson has led the AFC for all three years he has played in receiving yards, and among some of those games that contributed to that he hadnt caught a pass in the first half.

Cincinnati, in my opinion, has the deepest roster in the National Football League, as well as the best offense. Houshmandzadeh is the best number two wide reciever in the league(some will argue Reggie Wayne, and rightfully so, but I remain firm). T.J. had over 900 receiving yards last year, after sitting out for four games. Carson Palmer has an arsenal, and Pittsburgh is shaking.

They may have to send Keemo Van Oelhoffen in again to try and get the AFC North title back.

Gents, its immaterial what the Bengals do, the only cats going to the Superbowl will be Panthers..:yh_wink
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
K.Snyder

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by K.Snyder »

zinkyusa wrote: Gents, its immaterial what the Bengals do, the only cats going to the Superbowl will be Panthers..:yh_wink

Yes, yes..

It may be immaterial what the Bengals do upon the Panthers "going" to the Superbowl....

but considering that the Panthers are in the NFC, it is highly likely that the Panthers will meet the Bengals in Superbowl XLI, and get clawed to pieces....

and for that, I will say should be quite worrisome for you. :wah:
YZGI

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by YZGI »

Well if you can knock those dang Steelers off you will have my vote. Can't stand a single sports team in the state of Penn.
zinkyusa

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by zinkyusa »

K.Snyder wrote: Yes, yes..

It may be immaterial what the Bengals do upon the Panthers "going" to the Superbowl....

but considering that the Panthers are in the NFC, it is highly likely that the Panthers will meet the Bengals in Superbowl XLI, and get clawed to pieces....

and for that, I will say should be quite worrisome for you. :wah:

Yes, good point. I suppose there could be two be two types of cats at the Superbowl this year..:D
YZGI

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by YZGI »

Soon as we get T.O. on a leash you'll be seein nothing but Stars in the Super bowl.
zinkyusa

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by zinkyusa »

YZGI wrote: Soon as we get T.O. on a leash you'll be seein nothing but Stars in the Super bowl.

The only thing TO will be doing is riding his little exercise bike on the sideline..
YZGI

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by YZGI »

Trust me I have never been a TO fan. I wish he would just ride his little bike. If it would make his lips stop flapping. But The big "D" will overcome and the stars will shine again.
zinkyusa

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by zinkyusa »

YZGI wrote: Trust me I have never been a TO fan. I wish he would just ride his little bike. If it would make his lips stop flapping. But The big "D" will overcome and the stars will shine again.

I'm just waiting for the explosion when Big Bill loses it with TO. I hope it's on primetime..:D
YZGI

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by YZGI »

Yeah I think the Big Tuna might make bait outta TO if given half a chance.
zinkyusa

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by zinkyusa »

YZGI wrote: Yeah I think the Big Tuna might make bait outta TO if given half a chance.

I doubt he was very supportive of the decision to bring TO to Big D, that is if he was even consulted.
valerie

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by valerie »

zinkyusa wrote: The only thing TO will be doing is riding his little exercise bike on the sideline..

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

zinkyusa

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by zinkyusa »

valerie wrote: :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Nice looking dog Valerie, can we teach it to bit e TO?:wah:
K.Snyder

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by K.Snyder »

YZGI wrote: Well if you can knock those dang Steelers off you will have my vote. Can't stand a single sports team in the state of Penn.

I can honestly drink to that.
K.Snyder

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by K.Snyder »

zinkyusa wrote: The only thing TO will be doing is riding his little exercise bike on the sideline..

Dont forget, and listening to his I-Pod...

:wah:

I honestly dont find T.O to be all that bad....I think the media plays it out to be more than it actually is, to have something to write about...(and trust me, people like to read about it)
YZGI

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by YZGI »

Good point K Maybe its all a ruse him and the Tuna have worked out. Be cool if it were.
K.Snyder

Carson Palmer returns...

Post by K.Snyder »

Well,

Carson Palmer came out for only about 10 minutes in the first quarter, in the Bengals' last preseason game against Indianapolis on friday. Palmer went 4 for 6 on passing with 73 yards and a touchdown to second year wide reciever Chris Henry. Palmer's passer rating was 147.9, 11 more than his 136.9 rating he astabolished in his first game back from his injury. Concidering that a perfect passer rating, in all of its complex eqautions, is 158.2, and that only 2 people finished the 2005 season with a passer rating barely higher than 100(which one happened to be Carson himself with 101.1 - 2nd to Peyton Manning 104.1), I think its safe to say that the city of Cincinnati couldnt have asked for a more perfect outcome of Carson Palmers knee injury, and the Bengals' first ever perfect preason record in franchise history at 4-0.

Cincinnati is back....

and theyre making a run for Miami in 2007!

Eat your heart out Nomad...

Return to “Wide World of Sports”