Junior Seau has short retirement

Discuss all types of sports.
valerie

Post by valerie »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/ ... 27235.html

I'd certainly enjoy seeing him play again.

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Id say good luck but right now hes the enemy. Its war.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Great player,bad choice,He will now taint his career by playing for a team that is known for not caring about game just the money.It's a shame such a good player of high football morals status degrade himself with the filth of the Patriots.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Shweet tatersalad wrote: Great player,bad choice,He will now taint his career by playing for a team that is known for not caring about game just the money.It's a shame such a good player of high football morals status degrade himself with the filth of the Patiots.

Umm..not a big Patriots fan, are we? Oh well, neither am I.
Shweet tatersalad

Marie5656 wrote: Umm..not a big Patriots fan, are we? Oh well, neither am I.

You have no idea how much evil The kraft family can possess.

I used too work for them and the pats.

Absolutely no care for the game of football,just greedy money hungry scum bags.

And the team too.This is how they can buy the rules changes in the book,so they can win.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Of course, I am not one to judge teams. My "interest" in football goes no further than listening to my husband talk about it, and watching the NFL channel sometimes with him. He is a Buffalo fan..which I guess makes me one by default. I know more about football today than I did 8 years ago...that is for sure.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Being a San Diego Native I know the Seau family and all the help they have given our community, this is his home as well. To say I'm dissapointed in his action would be understating it a bit. As was said great football player, very bad move on his part. I know he loves the game, but he should have retired ...:thinking:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Shweet tatersalad

He is a shoe in for a first round Hall of fame inductee,And should be so as a Charger.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Well! Is he wishy-washy or what?
Shweet tatersalad

Not really,Just had a momentary lapse of self worth,Did not have a great stay with Miami and just for second and thought it best too retire.then some one waved some cash under his nose and he came to his senses.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree Tatersalad, it is to bad he caved for money..:mad:

[QUOTE]He is a shoe in for a first round Hall of fame inductee,And should be so as a Charger.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

He wants the same things all players want, a Superbowl ring. He doesnt have one does he ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

No he doesn't..

[QUOTE]He wants the same things all players want, a Superbowl ring. He doesnt have one does he ?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA wrote: Being a San Diego Native I know the Seau family and all the help they have given our community, this is his home as well. To say I'm dissapointed in his action would be understating it a bit. As was said great football player, very bad move on his part. I know he loves the game, but he should have retired ...:thinking:

Athletes retire when they are ready. At the end of last year he had said that he still felt like he could play the game efficiently and had stated that he wanted to as well. I dont necessarily believe he had a choice in the matter....when teams feel someone is getting too old they tend to trade them off to teams that could use someone of his caliber in that particular position in return for a couple young players that they feel will eventually develop into a prized commodity for the franchise.

As much as I hate to see guys who have played their entire career with a specific team leave(Jerry Rice - Junior Seau - Joe Montana to name a few), most of the time it is those exact teams that force them into early retirement, as they feel that the large amount of money they are using up in the salary caps isnt worth the athletes declining production from age(I suppose production in comparison to the amount of money is a better term), thus the players come back out of retirement because they still enjoy playing the game to ultimately end up in a different franchise.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”