John Madden to be inducted tomorrow!

Discuss all types of sports.
valerie

Post by valerie »

John Madden will be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame tomorrow.

Coverage starts at 10 a.m. on ESPN.

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Rick is happy. He enjoys HOF weekend...mainly for the HOF game, tomorrow. I like watching the induction ceremony.

It was neat a few years back when former Bill Jim Kelly was inducted. Rick is watching the preshow now, and Kelly is going to be interviewed. It will be his first HOF visit since his son passed away.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I caught the last minute of the Oakland Philly game last night. I saw an Eagle being carted off, still not sure what happened there. :confused:
I AM AWESOME MAN
Rain

Post by Rain »

It's about time. Madden is one of the great coaches of all time IMO. Boom! ;)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I saw the last few minutes of the game as well someone had a concusion can't remember the players name.. But damn FOOTBALL SEASON IS ALMOST HERE..:D

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON SUNDAY NIGHT NOW.. I DON'T KNOW THIS IS GOING TO TAKE SOME GETTING USE TO, WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO ON MONDAY NIGHT NOW.. NO FOOTBALL .. :-5

[QUOTE]I caught the last minute of the Oakland Philly game last night. I saw an Eagle being carted off, still not sure what happened there.

Yes MADDEN deserves to be in the hall of fame. I love to listen to him call a game so real and no fluff just calls it like he sees it, and then tries to draw the play on that monitor, and thats always good for a laugh or two.. Great man of the game.:cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

ZAP

Post by ZAP »

CARLA wrote:

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON SUNDAY NIGHT NOW.. I DON'T KNOW THIS IS GOING TO TAKE SOME GETTING USE TO, WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO ON MONDAY NIGHT NOW.. NO FOOTBALL .. :-5

Me too!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

How could they do this without a National pole or something asking us how we the public felt about "MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON SUDAY" this is major and the whole country should have been included in this decision..:D Thank God Al and John will still be covering the games or I don't know what I would do..:-5

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by CARLA

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON SUNDAY NIGHT NOW.. I DON'T KNOW THIS IS GOING TO TAKE SOME GETTING USE TO, WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO ON MONDAY NIGHT NOW.. NO FOOTBALL .. [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

ZAP

Post by ZAP »

CARLA wrote: How could they do this without a National pole or something asking us how we the public felt about "MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON SUDAY" this is major and the whole country should have been included in this decision..:D Thank God Al and John will still be covering the games or I don't know what I would do..:-5

I agree 100%!! They certainly didn't ask me! I think we should picket somebody. I'm going to be in San Diego tomorrow. Who can we picket or start a riot of some sort!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

You can always go to THE CHARGER CAMP on Murphy Canyon Road and carry a picket sign. I work about a 1/2 mile from the camp, but I have to work tomorrow so I couldn't join you but I would be with you in spirit Zapata...:D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

ZAP

Post by ZAP »

COOL! And that's not too far from Soup Plantation. We can have lunch there.

By the way, I meant to say that I admire that picture you have of Johnny Depp. I tried to get one on as a signature but it didn't work.

Am I the only one that thought that Al Davis made it sound like the Raiders should get credit for The Immaculate Reception?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Carla there is Monday Night Football. Relax. Its on ESPN, they did a switcheroo.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Woo !! excellent I was out of my mind with worry, thought I would miss DEADWOOD ON HBO, and have to channel flip from ESPN and NBC on Sundays to watch football.. :wah: Thank you NOMADNESS I was beside myself with anguish..:rolleyes:

[QUOTE]Carla there is Monday Night Football. Relax. Its on ESPN, they did a switcheroo.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Elouise

Post by Elouise »

John Madden...*shivers*...great coach, greatest of commentators to learn football...and glad he made it into the Hall before his death. He deserves to enjoy the glory in a healthy state....;)
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

I heard John Madden speak at a motivational seminar and was ready to put on a uniform and charge right down the field! This guy is dynamite! I've no doubt how he lead so many teams in so many good seasons!

CARLA One word, my dear....TIVO! :)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Elouise

Post by Elouise »

Lulu2 wrote: I heard John Madden speak at a motivational seminar and was ready to put on a uniform and charge right down the field! This guy is dynamite! I've no doubt how he lead so many teams in so many good seasons!

CARLA One word, my dear....TIVO! :)

Yes...that must have an exceptional moment...you take any pics of it? Autograph?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Alot of people made fun of John Madden because of his blatantly obvious observations he made during the games. I failed to see the humor in it. I thought he explained the game very well. I thought in doing so he contributed to the amount of new fans tuning into the sport, as they sometimes have trouble following the game. Not to mention his amazing accomplishments being a head coach. Hes a true ambassador to the game, and couldn't think of anyone more deserving to be inducted to the National Football League Hall of Fame.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”