Air Today....

FourPart

Air Today....

Post by FourPart »

I've recently been having some problems with my Trackball (Left) Button playing up. I had put it down to being a virus, but after searching Google found it to be a common problem of mucky contacts & could be sorted by a good blast of air. Anyway, not having any cans of the said air I've been giving it a good powerful blow every now & then which has been keeping it going.

I have since got myself a couple of cans for about a fiver, from eBay, and it's worked wonders. However, an interesting side effect was that after I gave the inside of the ball housing a going over as well (having a good play with the new toy) I was starting to think I'd damaged it when the pointer started to go really slow. Anyway, I went into Control Panel & turned the speed up, which sorted the problem, but then, presumably as the Trackball started to warm up again, after the freezing effect of the aerosol air, it started to speed up again, really dramatically, so I had to go back into Control Panel to turn the speed down again - further than it had been to start with.

A simple can of air. A very handy tool to have.
Smaug

Air Today....

Post by Smaug »

Sounds like it's done the job, FourPart. Maybe worthwhile blowing out this laptop.....Cough-Cough:yh_think
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Mark Aspam

Air Today....

Post by Mark Aspam »

FourPart;1480201 wrote: I've recently been having some problems with my Trackball (Left) Button playing up. I had put it down to being a virus, but after searching Google found it to be a common problem of mucky contacts & could be sorted by a good blast of air. Anyway, not having any cans of the said air I've been giving it a good powerful blow every now & then which has been keeping it going.

I have since got myself a couple of cans for about a fiver, from eBay, and it's worked wonders. However, an interesting side effect was that after I gave the inside of the ball housing a going over as well (having a good play with the new toy) I was starting to think I'd damaged it when the pointer started to go really slow. Anyway, I went into Control Panel & turned the speed up, which sorted the problem, but then, presumably as the Trackball started to warm up again, after the freezing effect of the aerosol air, it started to speed up again, really dramatically, so I had to go back into Control Panel to turn the speed down again - further than it had been to start with.

A simple can of air. A very handy tool to have.Anybody else see double entendres here? Or have I just developed a dirty mind at my advanced age?
Smaug

Air Today....

Post by Smaug »

I can see 'em too! Must have been thinking of that nude cyclist...:wah:
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
FourPart

Air Today....

Post by FourPart »

Huh? Definitely has to be a case of dirty minds. I still can't see what you're talking about.
Mark Aspam

Air Today....

Post by Mark Aspam »

FourPart;1480335 wrote: Huh? Definitely has to be a case of dirty minds.You're probably right. Actually, a good powerful blow might help!.
FourPart

Air Today....

Post by FourPart »

If you really want Double Entendres....

Return to “Computers Internet”