Online Weather Sites

tabby

Online Weather Sites

Post by tabby »

Do you have a favorite online weather site? I depended on Storm Pulse for imminent weather conditions, particularly for both winter & summer storms. The graphics were superb & the information accurate and very timely. Alas, the site is so successful that they are no longer a free site and want to shift their attention to their larger corporate customers. I can buy a years subscription for $375 ... NOT!

I can still use the Weather Channel, Wunderground, Intellicast and the National Hurricane Center but I was partial to Storm Pulse. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good site? I like a map with good graphics and live updates.
Ahso!

Online Weather Sites

Post by Ahso! »

That's just over a buck a day. What's the problem? Be a good capitalist and buy.

I'll bet the site will be promoting gift subscriptions soon. What a great birthday present.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Online Weather Sites

Post by AnneBoleyn »

StormPulse costs $300 a year! I look out the window and/or watch Weather on the 8s on Weather Channel.
Accountable

Online Weather Sites

Post by Accountable »

What's wrong with weather.com?
Ahso!

Online Weather Sites

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1392376 wrote: What's wrong with weather.com?It shouldn't be free.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tabby

Online Weather Sites

Post by tabby »

Ahso!;1392373 wrote: That's just over a buck a day. What's the problem? Be a good capitalist and buy.

I'll bet the site will be promoting gift subscriptions soon. What a great birthday present.

Oh yes, every girl's dream birthday present!! ;)
tabby

Online Weather Sites

Post by tabby »

Accountable;1392376 wrote: What's wrong with weather.com?

I preferred the quality of the Storm Pulse site better. I wish I could find something comparable.
tabby

Online Weather Sites

Post by tabby »

AnneBoleyn;1392375 wrote: StormPulse costs $300 a year! I look out the window and/or watch Weather on the 8s on Weather Channel.

Well, it only started costing that as of a day or two ago, prior to that it was free. They have a great site and it's relied upon heavily by utilities, airlines, etc. Those corporate customers are willing to pay for its services.
LarsMac

Online Weather Sites

Post by LarsMac »

Mt primary weather site is NOAA's National Weather Service

Nothing fancy, but it's free.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Online Weather Sites

Post by Snooz »

I use Local and National Weather Conditions & Forecast - WeatherBug.com a lot, I like being able to see wind speed and direction, humidity, rain amounts, etc. weatherUSA - Weather Information for the United States has a lot of links to traffic cams which comes in handy so I can see when it's snowing heavily and I can call in sick. :p
tabby

Online Weather Sites

Post by tabby »

LarsMac;1392500 wrote: Mt primary weather site is NOAA's National Weather Service

Nothing fancy, but it's free.

I use that site also, LarsMac and it's a good one! They track tropical storms and hurricanes up to 2 weeks before they even hit land. I love it when they fizzle out before getting near the coast!
tabby

Online Weather Sites

Post by tabby »

SnoozeAgain;1392502 wrote: I use Local and National Weather Conditions & Forecast - WeatherBug.com a lot, I like being able to see wind speed and direction, humidity, rain amounts, etc. weatherUSA - Weather Information for the United States has a lot of links to traffic cams which comes in handy so I can see when it's snowing heavily and I can call in sick. :p

Thanks, Snooze! I wasn't familiar with either of those but checked them out last night and bookmarked them. They look good! WeatherBug has a good live radar map. Any day is a good day for calling in sick! :sneaky:
Snooz

Online Weather Sites

Post by Snooz »

I think so too but I doubt my boss would agree.

Return to “Computers Internet”