Hundreds of thousands may lose Internet in July

tabby

Post by tabby »

http://www.nbc12.com/story/17613582/hun ... thousands- may-lose-internet-in-july

This was the first I had heard about this and I ran across it on the local news yesterday. I went to the recommended site of various scans and was relieved to find that my computer apparently isn't among those infected with the malicious software. Even though I did run 2 of the scans, I was a little leery at first because it's hard to know who to trust!
spot

Post by spot »

tabby;1391869 wrote: it's hard to know who to trust!Something of an understatement, that. The spin on that tale is amazing. The FBI has been intercepting and responding to all the domain name lookup requests from a half million corporate and domestic users worldwide for six months and nobody bats an eyelid? Whether it's a public service or a dry run or an uncovered interception program it's completely outrageous from start to finish.

What they don't say is whether they did, in fact, themselves divert any of the subsequent page requests to their own servers and either store or change the traffic content. If it was just a dry run they didn't need to go that far but they demonstrated the capability.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I used a Canadian site to check for an infection.
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1391879 wrote: I used a Canadian site to check for an infection.

I thought mail-order prescriptions were illegal in the States.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I took a cyber pill.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1391883 wrote: I thought mail-order prescriptions were illegal in the States.
No. Advertised openly, sent through U.S. post.

Return to “Computers Internet”