Anybody seen this facility

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Happened across this new (to me) website.

Search facility Wolfram

Looks good to me.....
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

Wonderful place. Amazing chap. Great book too.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1381230 wrote: Wonderful place. Amazing chap. Great book too.

All to do with facts and logic.......................hhmmm.

I never said anything.
spot

Post by spot »

That was a set-up!

Here, suck on this.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1381229 wrote: Happened across this new (to me) website.

Search facility Wolfram

Looks good to me.....

That's really cool...

Being the old cynic, I asked a relatively unknown question and It Indeed told me the average life span of the South American Crab Eating Fox Is 12.7 years.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1381232 wrote: That was a set-up!

You have accused me before of setting you up, both times were not knowingly setup, trust me I am not that way inclined, or clever enough.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Too funny!

I input: "What's 'easy pickins' (and 'pickings')'?". It went all around the periphery and never did hit it's mark. Oh well, my answer's close at hand anyway. You know what lawyers say: never ask a question you don't know the answer to.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1381231 wrote: All to do with facts and logic.......................hhmmm.

I never said anything. spot;1381232 wrote: That was a set-up!

Here, suck on this. Bruv;1381249 wrote: You have accused me before of setting you up, both times were not knowingly setup, trust me I am not that way inclined, or clever enough.

In psychology and sociology, a trust metric is a measurement of the degree to which one social actor (an individual or a group) trusts another social actor. Trust metrics may be abstracted in a manner that can be implemented on computers, making them of interest for the study and engineering of virtual communities, such as Friendster and LiveJournal.

Trust escapes a simple measurement for several reasons, be it its unclear definition, its complexity, subjectivity or the fact that it is a mental process, unavailable to instruments. There is a strong argumentation against the use of a simplistic metrics to measure trust that validly points to the complexity of the process and the embeddedness of trust that makes it impossible to capture trust in a clear form.

There is no generally agreed set of properties that make a particular metric better than others, as each metric is designed to serve different purposes, provides certain classification scheme for trust metrics. Two groups of trust metrics can be identified:

* Empirical metrics focusing on supporting the capture of values of trust in a reliable and standardised way

* Formal metrics that focus on formalisation leading to the ease of manipulation, processing and reasoning about trust; formal metrics can be further classified depending on their properties. Trust metric - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wolfram MathWorld: The Web's Most Extensive Mathematics Resource seems to have alot of material for mathematics...

Anyone seen the television show Numb3rs? If so did you like it?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

You have managed it yet again, and you didn't say much.

I understand what you have written, and the answer is no, never seen it.

The rest.......about Trust Metrics........right over my head......sorry.....not your fault.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1381428 wrote: You have managed it yet again, and you didn't say much.

I understand what you have written, and the answer is no, never seen it.

The rest.......about Trust Metrics........right over my head......sorry.....not your fault.I don't know a damn thing about it either, I just happened upon it after surfing through your link and thought it was amusing...

Here's the path to where I landed...

1. Wolfram MathWorld: The Web's Most Extensive Mathematics Resource

2. Foundations of Mathematics -- from Wolfram MathWorld

3. Logic -- from Wolfram MathWorld

4. Fuzzy Logic -- from Wolfram MathWorld

5. Fuzzy Logic -- from Wolfram MathWorld An extension of two-valued logic such that statements need not be true or false, but may have a degree of truth between 0 and 1. Such a system can be extremely useful in designing control logic for real-world systems such as elevators.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that if I did try and wrap my brain around it then I might feel compelled to recite my age in seconds to keep myself from abusing my dog.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

K.Snyder;1381430 wrote:

In fact, I'd go as far to say that if I did try and wrap my brain around it then I might feel compelled to recite my age in seconds to keep myself from abusing my dog.

You just leave that dog alone......

Fuzzy Logic.....An extension of two-valued logic such that statements need not be true or false, but may have a degree of truth between 0 and 1. Such a system can be extremely useful in designing control logic for real-world systems such as elevators.

Yea right ........may have a degree of truth between up and down ?

Return to “Computers Internet”