Any geeks in here? I have a Q.

Infinite light

Post by Infinite light »

I have a question for a smart person.

I know someone who keeps getting a pop-up error message on their computer. It started happening not long after trying to download an internet program. The message says that there is an error on the page, usually after any new webpage loads. If you try to type, that message keeps popping up, again and again. I don't know if it has something to do with the html, or not. She did a full anti-virus scan, but found nothing. Also, she cleaned her hard drive, and then defragged. The message still comes up.:mad:

Anyone have any ideas?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I'm sure either Carla or Spot will be of some help to you, either one should be along shortly. In the mean time, have you tried googleing the error message? Also, it would probably help to have as much information handy as possible, they'll need to know as much as you can provide.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Infinite light

Post by Infinite light »

Okay. I don't know who Carla or Spot are, but I hope they can help me. No I haven't googled the mesage because I don't have access to that computer right now, and can't remember the exact message. But that's a good idea. Thanks.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Infinite light;1377461 wrote: Okay. I don't know who Carla or Spot are, but I hope they can help me. No I haven't googled the mesage because I don't have access to that computer right now, and can't remember the exact message. But that's a good idea. Thanks.In order for anyone to help, they'll need information such as that.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Infinite light

Post by Infinite light »

You were right. I found the message on the internet with a possible solution. I emailed it to my friend. Thanks. The directions say to go into "Tools" and disable the "notification of script errors," or something like that. And if that doesn't work, you can disable script debugging. I'm thinking that should do the trick.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Infinite light;1377469 wrote: You were right. I found the message on the internet with a possible solution. I emailed it to my friend. Thanks. The directions say to go into "Tools" and disable the "notification of script errors," or something like that. And if that doesn't work, you can disable script debugging. I'm thinking that should do the trick.Hopefully that'll do the trick then. I haven't used Windows for several years now so I'm not as familiar as the other two are.

I take that back, I do have Windows installed on a partition for my iPhone updates.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

It only happens with Internet Explorer. Any other browser will skate over the bad syntax instead of notifying you of it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Looks like you found the answer annoying internet explorer issue. Have them download "Firefox" not as many issues with it.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Computers Internet”