password?

gmc

password?

Post by gmc »

I have windows XP. I want to be able to password protect or encrypt an external drive. How do I do it I seem to need external software, if so what is best and open source preferably
jallytony

password?

Post by jallytony »

sorry,couldn't help you.
Bryn Mawr

password?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1375008 wrote: I have windows XP. I want to be able to password protect or encrypt an external drive. How do I do it I seem to need external software, if so what is best and open source preferably

Didn't this come up once before with TrueCrypt as the suggested solution :-

Maximum PC | How To: Encrypt Your Entire Hard Drive The Easy Way Using TrueCrypt
gmc

password?

Post by gmc »

Bryn Mawr;1375016 wrote: Didn't this come up once before with TrueCrypt as the suggested solution :-

Maximum PC | How To: Encrypt Your Entire Hard Drive The Easy Way Using TrueCrypt

Dunno, that's why i was asking. Thanks for the link. I have seen encrypted hard drives advertised but I've got for already. I have to do it for work purposes in case of theft, the irony being if i had paper files in a locked cabinet that would be OK. When I pointed out I kept the drives in a locked safe which is much the same as a locked filing cabinet except more secure I began to realise common sense and the use of sarcasm probably was not a good approach to use.
Bryn Mawr

password?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1375018 wrote: Dunno, that's why i was asking. Thanks for the link. I have seen encrypted hard drives advertised but I've got for already. I have to do it for work purposes in case of theft, the irony being if i had paper files in a locked cabinet that would be OK. When I pointed out I kept the drives in a locked safe which is much the same as a locked filing cabinet except more secure I began to realise common sense and the use of sarcasm probably was not a good approach to use.

Found it :-)

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/compu ... ost1367511
gmc

password?

Post by gmc »

I remember that now, obviously though I never went back to look at it again, don't know why I didn't.
Bruv

password?

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1375084 wrote: I remember that now, obviously though I never went back to look at it again, don't know why I didn't.

Too busy answering in the intelligence, wisdom thread ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “Computers Internet”