Email Programs

tabby

Email Programs

Post by tabby »

Top 11 Free Email Programs for Windows - About Email

What email program do you use if any? Ever had any problems/issues with these listed in the article? Any other recommendations?
Ahso!

Email Programs

Post by Ahso! »

gmail & yahoo. I don't see a reason for any other email than web based.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Email Programs

Post by spot »

Not that my view will be popular but I use Alpine for some purposes. I like programs that don't insist you touch a mouse. Touching mice slows my thinking. Alpine's also flexible and friendly, the writers focused on ergonomic keyboarding.

Webmail has the benefit of permanence, you can't lose mail that's web-served.

Pegasus has a good reputation. I've not used it.

I keep a few mail accounts in Seamonkey which is effectively the same email product as Thunderbird but it has a browser and web composer built-in, the way things were with Netscape Communicator.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tabby

Email Programs

Post by tabby »

I use Outlook at work and like the layout much better than the usual webmail hosts. At home, I'm currently using Windows Live which is much like Outlook. I'm fine with it as it is but was curious if anyone would vouch for another program's superiority.

I don't think using an email program affects the integrity or security of the webmail hosts but there's definitely an advantage for anyone interested in versatility and/or layout.

LarsMac

Email Programs

Post by LarsMac »

My personal email is via hotmail and yahoo, I also have a gmail account.

I use Outlook for work, and have set it up to monitor the personal accounts, as well.

I generally use the web interface to reply, and only use outlook to read the incoming.

What gets through the server based spam filters still has to go through my local machine's spam and security filters before I have to deal with it.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Email Programs

Post by gmc »

Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail and lightning for the calendar. Been using it for a while - tend to stick with what I know. Also have outlook but really wouldn't miss it at all.
Bryn Mawr

Email Programs

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I use both on-line and off-line e-mail and far prefer the off-line.

I have a yahoo account through webmail which works and does the job I use it for.

I have three real e-mail account that I access through Thunderbird for my main functions both Windoze and Ubuntu.

I have another couple of work e-mail addresses that I access through Outlet on Windoze - of the two I far prefer Thunderbird.

Return to “Computers Internet”